i'd rather not... :lol:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by wallflower »

Dear whatever RP that killed me,

I hate you.

(At least I can edit my typo now that I'm dead. :pop: )
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Hmm. So Nan was a vig... which means if standard rules are followed he could only shoot every other night. He most likely used that shot on night 2, meaning he would not get a shot on night 3. This means there is another player who can kill out there, be it an isk or joat... or a naughty vig. :scared:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

the wicked child wrote:Hmm. So Nan was a vig... which means if standard rules are followed he could only shoot every other night. He most likely used that shot on night 2, meaning he would not get a shot on night 3. This means there is another player who can kill out there, be it an isk or joat... or a naughty vig. :scared:
i would also venture a guess that NAN Was killed with 1 in the chamber (if thats possible without the killer dying too) because he's smart; he'd rather save the bullet and have better odds at getting a bad guy
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

the wicked child wrote:Hmm. So Nan was a vig... which means if standard rules are followed he could only shoot every other night. He most likely used that shot on night 2, meaning he would not get a shot on night 3. This means there is another player who can kill out there, be it an isk or joat... or a naughty vig. :scared:
Based on the last two games, and I only followed them loosely, it's probably an independent serial killer. So, if someone is recruited are we told? One of the games had a recruit-able independent in it but I don't know if anyone can be recruited in this game.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

somehow i doubt the joat shot anyone yet... there's no real proof that anyone is on the bad list and he only gets one shot, so he probably didn't waste it already, so i'm guessing there's either an independent vig or naughty vig (probably independent if i had to put money on it, because there was an independent vig last game...)
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Corvidae wrote:
Based on the last two games, and I only followed them loosely, it's probably an independent serial killer. So, if someone is recruited are we told? One of the games had a recruit-able independent in it but I don't know if anyone can be recruited in this game.
last game there was a vampire that was recruited when the goons tried to kill them. my guess is that player has been kept, as KS, now mod, was a goon last game and that vampire (shafnutz) helped them a lot.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

if someone's converted i don't think they're announced dead, i think there'll be something in the write-up that says something happened, but not outright "this person was converted..."
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

don't think there were any kind of conversions yet... just deaths. Just have to make sure we pay attention to the writeups for anything beyond standard deaths.

I'm still stunned that nobody even seemed to take notice of the conversion last game. :lol:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

unwrap Louis Winthorpe (Troy Loney)

One of the two people NAN mentioned by name. He's been around the boards, just not being active in this thread. It might just be strategy to take NAN out, but I don't have any other suspicions to go on at this time.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

tfrizz wrote:unwrap Louis Winthorpe (Troy Loney)

One of the two people NAN mentioned by name. He's been around the boards, just not being active in this thread. It might just be strategy to take NAN out, but I don't have any other suspicions to go on at this time.
Agreed. I definitely think Troy Loney has been suspicious this game.

The only other one who I think could be a boss that I mentioned to NAN during the last day was sdm, who has been unusually quiet. I don't think he's posted more than once, if that.

unwrap Louis Winthorpe (Troy Loney)

...I heard he lost his job, fiance, and got caught with a prostitute. Plus, i just like wearing his Harvard tie. Like I went to Harvard.
dagny
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dagny »

I'm going to vote to unwrap slappybrown or PFIDC.

Without much to go on, here is my reasoning.

I believe PFIDC has a role where he can kill. I held off drawing attention to it, in case he was our vig. Now that our vig has been killed, I believe PFIDC to be a bad guy or independent. Unless he was framed.

slappy, cuz he's the RP who held up the game on the weekend last time, even though he was online. Also, he and cup keeper voted to kill wally earlier in the game.

I have to go to work soon. I'll see what you guys have to say, and cast a vote for one of these two, barring new evidence, before I leave.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

maybee i'm reading a bit much into the writeup but it mentions bad santa (slappybrown?) finding NAN. or no??
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

finding NAN dead that should say
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

mac5155 wrote:maybee i'm reading a bit much into the writeup but it mentions bad santa (slappybrown?) finding NAN. or no??
i'm not sure that means anything...he could have just used that as a random person in the game.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mac5155 wrote:maybee i'm reading a bit much into the writeup but it mentions bad santa (slappybrown?) finding NAN. or no??
Azkar wrote:As Bad Santa goes in to Victoria Secret to buy something extra special for his Bad Girlfriend, he finds an all too familiar sight. There is blood EVERYWHERE.
:shock:

I wouldn't be opposed to going this way, but I'd like to see a little more evidence and/or support.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

tfrizz wrote:
Azkar wrote:As Bad Santa goes in to Victoria Secret to buy something extra special for his Bad Girlfriend, he finds an all too familiar sight. There is blood EVERYWHERE.

I wouldn't be opposed to going this way, but I'd like to see a little more evidence and/or support.
yeah it could just be me thinking way too much. i doubt it has anything to do with that.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

i wouldn't put any value into that write-up... i think that would almost be WAY too big of a hint from azkar
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

crayz wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:Who knows anything about Jose? Why did he vote me?
because of the last game and in the post game how you said that was your strategy. Your strategy did nothing but hurt the village and he is worried you will try something similar again here and hurt the village...a la, better to remove you now before you start that.

that's how I understood his post. I tend to agree with him, but wanting to give you a chance on your 2nd game and see if your style isn't so erratic. I know my first game i was a bit out there as well (albeit, nothing compared to you)
I waited the entire weekend to say- :thumb:

I didn't really follow last game, but I read the ending with posters wanting to cause as much confusion as possible. That's never a good thing. I figured it was a low risk move at the beginning to unwrap thg.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

tfrizz wrote:

I would severely doubt the mods would goof like that. There are two of them to catch those mistakes.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

also, will people please stop talking at night? Have a little self control.
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

count2infinity wrote:i wouldn't put any value into that write-up... i think that would almost be WAY too big of a hint from azkar

This, I didnt go back and look at this writeup, but in the Nintendo game the mod used all random names.. durring day phases he used the last person to cast the vote
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

question for the good listers:

should we eliminate experienced players or newbies? The naughty list seems to be eliminating veterans, which i would do as well if i were them, but should we start looking at some vets as they are not getting axed by the naughty list so may be a member of the naughty list?
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

count2infinity wrote:question for the good listers:

should we eliminate experienced players or newbies? The naughty list seems to be eliminating veterans, which i would do as well if i were them, but should we start looking at some vets as they are not getting axed by the naughty list so may be a member of the naughty list?
good point, but some of those kills could be from independent (althought I guess that is bad too) and also could have been from NAN (unlikely he used a kill though)

and a bad JOAT who jumped the gum
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

damn no edit *gun