Other Playoff Games 2016

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Other Playoff Games 2016

Post by jwest21 »

That was awesome. 44-11 and the only two goals were an own-goal and an emptynetter
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

jwest21 wrote:Caps fans have to be suffering. Reminds me of the Steelers game against Houston years ago where the Steelers held them to something like 70 total yards and lost 21-3
I attended that game -- and the Pens' 6-3 loss to the Islanders the night before. That was a long drive home to Virginia.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

Goal went in off Chorney, right? Not Alsner. Caps got sucked into a "getting even" game and a hitting game, makes them play yet another game in Philly.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Durbano wrote:
jwest21 wrote:Caps fans have to be suffering. Reminds me of the Steelers game against Houston years ago where the Steelers held them to something like 70 total yards and lost 21-3
I attended that game -- and the Pens' 6-3 loss to the Islanders the night before. That was a long drive home to Virginia.
Sadly I was at both as well. I just had a shorter drive back.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Maguire is so stupid. They are reviewing a Panther goal. He insists it's definitely offside. Then they show two angles and he says the one view looks like a players skate is off the ice at the blue line. The view he was referring had the players skate totally hidden from view by two other players, so it was useless. He said the other view made it look like the players skate WAS touching the ice on the blue line. Then after 3 or 4 replays, he he flips and says THAT view shows the players skate off the ice. The call ended up inconclusive, good goal.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Great58 wrote:Goal went in off Chorney, right? Not Alsner. Caps got sucked into a "getting even" game and a hitting game, makes them play yet another game in Philly.
Yes I believe it was Chorney. We should have kept him because he knows how to score against Washington ;)
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

Great58 wrote:Goal went in off Chorney, right? Not Alsner. Caps got sucked into a "getting even" game and a hitting game, makes them play yet another game in Philly.

Yep. My mistake. I thought it was Chorney, but Milbury said Alzner and I didn't check.
Steve
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Steve »

The Caps should have just pulled the goalie for the entire game. The would have outshot the Flyers 117-3, and would have scored more than 3 to win it.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

This **** is bananas. B A N A N A S
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

jwest21 wrote:
Yes I believe it was Chorney. We should have kept him because he knows how to score against Washington ;)
Chorney, who is in for the concussed Orpik. I was looking forward to the Pens using Brooks as a turnstile to get to Holtby, but I guess Chorney will do. Mike Weber hasn't sniffed the lineup since the Playoffs stared.
Nisky with 25+ minutes TOI is nutty to me.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Are we about to see another Caps playoff choke? Flyers fans are going from wanting to trade their entire team to "we are on our way to the cup".

Amusing read of Caps collapses (dated prior to last years game 7 against Rags):

http://grantland.com/the-triangle/the-s ... collapses/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

The flyers are not good enough to win 4 straight.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Skatingpen wrote:The flyers are not good enough to win 4 straight.
Stranger things have happened.

We are getting our wish however - an extended physical series.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

I personally think the Flyers are too banged up to pull off the upset, but Neuvy is certainly going to do everything in his power to steal the series. I hope he can take it to seven at least!

With all due respect to the improvements the Caps have made to their team and how well they've played this year, they've been beatable the latter half of the season and it shows.

I told a Caps fan I know that I don't think the Flyers will pull it off, but my friend believes the Caps are going to choke anyway and there's no convincing him otherwise. That team has permanently traumatized their fans.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Philly can't complete the comeback unless Washington suffers catastrophic injuries early in the next game, but it's a pleasant surprise they've at least extended the series (and perhaps planted some doubt in the Caps, who seemed justifiably, supremely confident just a few days ago).

The Flyers are running on fumes and a temporarily hot goalie, IMO. The Caps let down a little in game four, and Philly was extremely lucky in game five.

Have to figure if the Pens close it out today, Washington will find a new level of urgency.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Durbano wrote:Philly can't complete the comeback unless Washington suffers catastrophic injuries early in the next game, but it's a pleasant surprise they've at least extended the series (and perhaps planted some doubt in the Caps, who seemed justifiably, supremely confident just a few days ago).

The Flyers are running on fumes and a temporarily hot goalie, IMO. The Caps let down a little in game four, and Philly was extremely lucky in game five.

Have to figure if the Pens close it out today, Washington will find a new level of urgency.
Best assessment yet. Especially the fumes part.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

On the West Coast, James Neal is taking dumb penalties as the Preds are about to fall behind in a series they led two games to none.

Blues-Hawks should be fun tonight. These games are much easier to enjoy after the Pens have clinched!
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Glad the Pens ended their series before our perspective opponent. A bit of a breather.

Hawks in trouble early. Down 3-1.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

The Blues fool me heading into every postseason. Maybe this is the year they finally advance at least a couple of rounds.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Humperdink wrote:Glad the Pens ended their series before our perspective opponent. A bit of a breather.

Hawks in trouble early. Down 3-1.
poor Edso...

crap, 3-2
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

and 3-3, just like that. NBC's feed sounding like the Blackhawk crew, and not just because of Edso.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

St. Louis Blues....the Caps of the West. Hope someone in St Louis knows the Heimlich.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

jwest21 wrote:St. Louis Blues....the Caps of the West. Hope someone in St Louis knows the Heimlich.
Super ugly period for the Blues. Their only hope is that Crawford can't move as well with the shot he took at the end of the 2nd.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Still just a one-goal game.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

I really want the Hawks to lose. I know now why people hated the Pens back when they were the media darlings. Now it's the Hawks and I want them to lose.