Other Playoff Games 2016

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Re: Other Playoff Games 2016

Post by Southern Fan »

I noticed in game 1 in Florida, the fans embraced tradition with the toy rats. Has the precedent been set this year in Philly to call delay of game penalty on the Panthers when the rats come on the ice in game 5?
rarst17
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by rarst17 »

Southern Fan wrote:I noticed in game 1 in Florida, the fans embraced tradition with the toy rats. Has the precedent been set this year in Philly to call delay of game penalty on the Panthers when the rats come on the ice in game 5?
Actually, the precedent had already been set in Florida a few weeks ago.....

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15109 ... evils-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Carlson shoves Laughton into the boards, Laughton goes off on a stretchers, announcers say clean hit. What a joke. Laughton laid unmoving on the ice for 7-8 minutes
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Gregory Campbell, super shy commentator.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

jwest21 wrote:Gregory Campbell, super shy commentator.
Looked like an audition.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Humperdink wrote:
Looked like an audition.
he looked terrified
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

Anyone just see the Florida goal that got disallowed? How is it not a goal? Looked like islander knocked the guy into Greiss and the puck went in.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

jwest21 wrote:
Humperdink wrote:
Looked like an audition.
he looked terrified
Yep, deer in the headlights. About halfway though, he's probably asking himself "what am I doing here?".
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

jwest21 wrote:Carlson shoves Laughton into the boards, Laughton goes off on a stretchers, announcers say clean hit. What a joke. Laughton laid unmoving on the ice for 7-8 minutes
Wasn't it Oshie? I had flashbacks to Bennett breaking his collar bone because Oshie hit him too far from the boards. But I was watching from a bar and couldn't hear audio.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Great58 wrote:
jwest21 wrote:Carlson shoves Laughton into the boards, Laughton goes off on a stretchers, announcers say clean hit. What a joke. Laughton laid unmoving on the ice for 7-8 minutes
Wasn't it Oshie? I had flashbacks to Bennett breaking his collar bone because Oshie hit him too far from the boards. But I was watching from a bar and couldn't hear audio.
Pretty sure that it was Carlson. This was one of those unnecessary shoves, or at least that's the way I saw it. The Flyers announcers seemed ok with it...maybe I am making more of it than I should or maybe Flyers announcers are just numb to cheap stuff
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

jwest21 wrote:
Great58 wrote:
Pretty sure that it was Carlson. This was one of those unnecessary shoves, or at least that's the way I saw it. The Flyers announcers seemed ok with it...maybe I am making more of it than I should or maybe Flyers announcers are just numb to cheap stuff
Thanks. I share your sentiment that it was a dangerous hit given it's distance from the boards.

Now Wilson out of the game with a hit to the head.
Last edited by Great58 on Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Wilson lowers himself into a bad position to take an elbow to the face. If Manning gets anything out of that the league is still a joke. That was all on Wilson.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

I have mixed feelings, but generally happy the Caps haven't salted this away just yet.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

I missed the Wilson hit- flipped over to Panthers-Isles. I can't say I'd be sad if Wilson misses time
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Wilson really got tagged.

Good the Flyers win. I hate the Flyers, but we need this series extended as long as possible.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Pleasantly surprised the Flyers pulled one out. Every additional game the Caps play is another chance for them to sustain injuries.
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

yay Flyers- take as many Caps down with you as you can
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Pierre makes me want to turn the Panther game off.
DontToewsMeBro
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by DontToewsMeBro »

Diving should be a double minor.
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

San Jose looking really good. Dominating LA. Which doesn't happen very often.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Not that I think there's much debate IMO, but surprised there is no mention of Shaw on this board.

For the sake of completeness, he was suspended for game 5 for the slur, fined $5k for the middle fingers, and has to go through sensitivity training.

Not often you get to see a documented case of someone literally losing their ****.
shoeshine boy
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by shoeshine boy »

I don't see that hit as dirty at all. it's a routine hit that happens multiple times a game. sadly for the Flyers player it looks like he was just off balance and then went in hard to the boards. in a non-checking league this would be a dirty play but in professional hockey it's not. sometimes players get injured from non-dirty plays.
Southern Fan
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Southern Fan »

rarst17 wrote:
Southern Fan wrote:I noticed in game 1 in Florida, the fans embraced tradition with the toy rats. Has the precedent been set this year in Philly to call delay of game penalty on the Panthers when the rats come on the ice in game 5?
Actually, the precedent had already been set in Florida a few weeks ago.....

http://espn.go.com/nhl/story/_/id/15109 ... evils-game" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Good find by your crack research department.
Great58
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Great58 »

shoeshine boy wrote:
I don't see that hit as dirty at all. it's a routine hit that happens multiple times a game. sadly for the Flyers player it looks like he was just off balance and then went in hard to the boards. in a non-checking league this would be a dirty play but in professional hockey it's not. sometimes players get injured from non-dirty plays.
I'll have to watch it again, but my initial impression was that it was more of a shove that a hit, with the off-balance nature of the flyer the result of the pushing motion of Carlson?
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

Great58 wrote:
shoeshine boy wrote:
I'll have to watch it again, but my initial impression was that it was more of a shove that a hit, with the off-balance nature of the flyer the result of the pushing motion of Carlson?
I see a shove, which I don't like. I don't think Carlson was trying to be cheap, but shoving a player after the puck is gone is unnecessary
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kr3QHaUEMEk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;