Other Playoff Games 2016

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Other Playoff Games 2016

Post by Humperdink »

Durbano wrote:
Humperdink wrote:I thought the Craps would probably demolish the Flyers anyway
I couldn't have been more wrong. Really thought Philly would push them to six or seven, maybe even pull off the upset along the lines of what Montreal did to Washington a few years ago.
Flyers just don't have the horses and now Couturier gets hurt. Of course with the Craps playoff record, stranger things have happened. I would be thrilled if it went 6/7 games the way they are pounding each other.
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

Humperdink wrote:
Durbano wrote:This was mentioned in another thread but for anyone who missed it, Mason let in a dump-in from center ice. Worth watching the lowlight.

I hate the Capitals and wasn't counting on them having a short series but it's looking that way.
I thought the Craps would probably demolish the Flyers anyway, but that goal from center accelerated their Flyer demise. That type of goal takes the wind right out you. Haven't seen one like since PeeWee hockey.

As an aside, that series has had some brutal hits, not for the faint of heart.
Reminded me of Talbot's first career goal, against Niittymaki. Those Flyers sure know how to pick goalies.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Good call on the Talbot goal. Now that you mention it, I watched that game.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

First chance I've had to watch Florida-NYI. Panthers look pretty good, up 1-0 mid-first.

Is this the year of the Blues?

Holtby's quotes on the center-ice goal were very cool. Bet he'd have been a good fraternity brother.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

I feel a bit of sorrow for our Canadian friends to the north who have zero teams in the playoffs. And yet tonight, I am watching two teams from Florida. Strikes me as a bit strange.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Is there a surlier looking coach in the NHL than Gerard Gallant?

Well, Darryl Sutter comes to mind.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

Amazing how the better teams in the west are really struggling, especially the Kings and Anaheim.
mariojr
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by mariojr »

WTF, NHL? Not even a 2 minute?? For White sandwiching Orpik's head into the boards with his shoulder, probably ending Orpik's season? I guess they really are taking a position of "Let'em play!" Doesn't bode well for the Pens, facing the bigger and stronger Rangers who are out-hitting them by a wide margin.
zarleyzalapskisarmy
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by zarleyzalapskisarmy »

That hit on Orpik was brutal. No call. What a joke league. I'd be shocked if he's not done for the season.
mariojr
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by mariojr »

I'd say that "NHL" stands for "Neanderthal Hockey League," except that that's probably unfair to Neanderthals.
Skatingpen
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Skatingpen »

The lack of respect that these players have for each other is really sad. Such a great game that is being ruined by the refs and players.

I would say the Caps will be well rested for the 2nd round
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

Skatingpen wrote:The lack of respect that these players have for each other is really sad. Such a great game that is being ruined by the refs and players.

Agreed. The Flyers look used up.
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

Whoever wins the Pens-Rangers series had better do so in five games. It may not matter anyway, but neither team will have a prayer in the next round if Washington sweeps and Pens-NY goes six or seven games.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

I see the Flyers have finally got to their game.

Goon time.
mariojr
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by mariojr »

Skatingpen wrote:The lack of respect that these players have for each other is really sad. Such a great game that is being ruined by the refs and players.

Well at least they called that one for boarding, but that hit was doubtless encouraged by the non-call on White.

Of course, all this could help the Pens if they get to the 2nd round and face the Caps, but I just can't stand seeing it. Drive opponents with their backs turned head first into the boards, run the goalies, try to win a series by injuring your opponents' best players, and if you can't win, at least prevent them from winning the next round. No scruples, no respect, and not enough enforcement to stop it. I love this game, but man, the crazy stuff needs to stop!
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

If I ever find myself getting to the stage of the flyer fans, I will quit hockey. Ed Snider built the image from broadstreet bullies , fans gave him the perfect salute.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

For those who missed it tonight, in what could only be described as befitting of the city and the fans, a penalty was called on the Flyer fans. Yep, haven't seen that in a while - a penalty on the fans. The fans were warned to stop throwing objects on the ice or there would be a penalty. They didn't and there was.

On the night to honor the late Flyer owner, Ed Snider. Classy.
Humperdink
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Humperdink »

As if the stereotype required validation (via Philly Inquirer): "Inquirer columnist Mike Sielski ripped Flyers fans for validating the worst stereotypes others have about Philadelphia sports fans:

"They embarrassed themselves, all of them, in every possible way. When spectators scream during a pregame moment of silence for a team's patriarch - as several Flyers fans did Monday - and it's not the most graceless, dishonorable episode of the night, that's telling."

http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real ... class.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Read more at http://www.philly.com/philly/blogs/real ... wxCB77R.99" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Big Easy Pens Fan
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Big Easy Pens Fan »

Yea, stay classy Philly. Oh wait. I meant classless.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nhl/an- ... ar-BBrVKR6" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

BEPF
penny lane
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by penny lane »

Joe McDonald Verified account
‏@ESPNJoeyMac
Holtby exits the ice after a collision with teammate. He was favoring his left leg.
PensHckyFan79
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PensHckyFan79 »

If this tweet in the one article is true I can't believe the homerism from the announcers.

"My favorite part of the game was the Flyers' TV booth wondering if Capitals fans were throwing the wristbands on the ice...:
jwest21
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by jwest21 »

penny lane wrote:
Joe McDonald Verified account
‏@ESPNJoeyMac
Holtby exits the ice after a collision with teammate. He was favoring his left leg.
interesting.....
Durbano
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Durbano »

In the Afterthought Series, Tampa gets a late PPG and then holds on to take a 3-1 lead in the series.

And in Nashville, Despres is headed to the box late in the first.
BfromD
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by BfromD »

Holy cow, are the Blues getting jobbed by the refs in Chicago tonight. Crawford goes Hextall after a guy was checked into him and the Hawks get a PP. Cue the conspiracy theories.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

PensHckyFan79 wrote:If this tweet in the one article is true I can't believe the homerism from the announcers.

"My favorite part of the game was the Flyers' TV booth wondering if Capitals fans were throwing the wristbands on the ice...:
You also have to appreciate Ryan White condoning it and saying he'd do the same thing in their position. I didn't pay attention to the Flyers enough to even know who Ryan White is until the last 2 games vs the Flyers. Basically the Flyers dumped Rinaldo and his history of suspensions for the exact same guy who doesn't have the long history to be targeted by the league.