Let's talk about music

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Let's talk about music

Post by columbia »

Your vagabond lifestyle tips it off.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

His lifestyle determines his deathstyle?
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

What?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Factorial wrote:
Gaucho wrote:It makes you a bad parent to allow them to develop bad taste to begin with.
So say the childless Troy Loney and Gaucho. :thumbdown:

I did my best. One of my daughters used to sing along with Eugene Chabourne. At some point you accept that they will have their own tastes and hope for the best.

I don't think I would try to manipulate my kid's taste. But I think I would be unnecessarily dismissive when the ask on me would be to go to something like a One Direction concert. I feel like my dad would never take me or my sister to something like that, and even as a kid, be totally understanding of his refusal.
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

So... an update on that booking fiasco I was having. Rather than go through the hassle of local promoters, we instead booked acoustic shows at Hitchhiker Brewing and Apis Meadery. Come on out if any of you are interested in getting Viking drunk and listening to Americana Peter Gabriel covers.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

they can have shows at hitchiker?

That actually sounds like fun. When is it?
legame
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by legame »

I've heard it's tiny, so it should get interesting. Hitchhiker is next Friday and Apis is next Saturday.
Ben Klingston
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Ben Klingston »

Anyone use the 'CoGo's FastLane Pass' at Starlake.... er Post Gazette Pavi.... errr... First Niagara Pavillion this year?

website states 'CoGo's Fast Lane Pass
Stop by your neighborhood CoGo's store to get your free CoGo's Fast Lane Pass. The CoGo's Fast Lane Pass gets you in early and allows you to skip the line at anytime to get into First Niagara Pavilion! Show your CoGo's Fast Lane Pass to sit in the front section of the lawn!'

I picked a couple up and they say 'one-time use'. Anyone know where there are opportunities to use them (entering the parking lots? concession lines?)? Do they take the pass each time you use one (i.e. need one to park, one to get in a concession line, etc)? Is the front section lawn seating big, or is it jam-packed with people with the same passes? Lastly, I assume this doesn't apply to exiting the parking... by far the worst part of going to a show out there.

Just wondering what to expect.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I remember using them for STP in 2010, all it was for me was a seperate line that got me in quicker. I wish I could help more...