The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by skullman80 »

Lesnar re-signing is good news.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

skullman80 wrote:Lesnar re-signing is good news.
This
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

My guess is that Lesnar beats Reigns at Wrestlemania with a double turn. Who the hell knows at this point lol
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I don't think a double turn would be beneficial for either guy
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

R/squaredcircle is probably the most entertaining wrestling community right now. Here are the top two responses:
I want one of these two things to happen.

Lesnar Wins, looks like a badass. Everyone cheers.

Reigns wins, Lesnar and Heyman hold up his arms as he holds the title, confetti falls, Super Bowl half time show level firework display, all the superstars come out to the ramp and clap, then Vince comes out with HHH and Steph and clap for him too. The biggest Reigns circlejerk to ever happen, all while the crowd boo's the **** out of him.
The gifs would be worth it.
Response:
The Undertaker comes out, presents Reigns with his hat, curtsies, and disappears into the urn like a genie in a puff of smoke.
Reigns puts the hat on, the lights go out

bong

Not a dry eye in the house.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

Froggy wrote:I don't think a double turn would be beneficial for either guy
I realize I'm not as experienced and knowledgeable as you are with this stuff, but I disagree. Reigns gets booed by the smart fans. Lesner gets cheered by near everyone. To me, it just makes sense to turn Reigns' negative reactions into legitimate heat, while selling Lesner as a "face." Lesner will never be a true face, but walking the line, leaning a little more to the face side seems to make too much sense. It also makes sense to have Heyman turn on Lesner and join Reigns, who desperately needs a mouthpiece.
Why Not Us
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Why Not Us »

[youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gVq29fPFyOs[/youtube]

Good stuff
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Apparently the Andre battle royal has been moved to the preshow. This is not helping me get excited for Mania.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

Hate the ending of Wrestlemania. That's just lame imo.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

I want to vent my frustration but since nobody besides me watched I won't lol.
JeanPronovost
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by JeanPronovost »

I watched. I thought the ending was genius. It gave the crowd what it wanted (Reigns not winning), didn't get Lesnar pinned and set up a slew of post-WM angles (Orton-Rollins, Reigns-Rollins, even Lesmar-Rollins). It even protected Reigns, who took a lot of punishment but was pinned only because of the crazy finish.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

Still hate it. No reason to take the belt off the most over guy in the company. I would rather have him still be champ while he takes another 3 months off than see Reigns chasing you know who for the title
JeanPronovost
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by JeanPronovost »

I just think Lesnar retaining would have left them with nowhere to go. Now there's so many possibilities.

I think it will prove to be a popular finish. It will be interesting to see who emerges as Rollins' first challenger.

I thought it was basically a good show, except for a long period in the middle where there was basically no wrestling. People seemed to like the Rock-HHH angle, but I didn't. But I didn't think there were any bad matches.
JeanPronovost
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by JeanPronovost »

And I just remembered that they were advertising the new champ for the "Today" show Monday morning. That maybe should have been a tip that it wouldn't be either Lesnar or Reigns, who are duds as interviews. Rollins will be great.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

JeanPronovost wrote:I watched. I thought the ending was genius. It gave the crowd what it wanted (Reigns not winning), didn't get Lesnar pinned and set up a slew of post-WM angles (Orton-Rollins, Reigns-Rollins, even Lesmar-Rollins). It even protected Reigns, who took a lot of punishment but was pinned only because of the crazy finish.
Yep. Great ending. It kept everyone looking strong and put the belt on your top heel who is enemies with everyone making the feuds endless.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Even if he slows down on having matches... It will be nice having the Champ on TV and in the ring more than once ever 6 weeks or so.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

it's too bad the build was so bad, because it probably turned some people off to what ended up being a pretty great show.

i see Rollins fighting Orton at the next PPV, since orton beat him clean earlier. Reigns and Lesnar can have a no. 1 contender's match, where reigns can prove he can beat lesnar, as opposed to just take a beating from him. This will set up a Rollins/Reigns match at summerslam, where they COULD, but don't have to, put the belt on Reigns.

This is actually the MOST interesting the top of the card has been in YEARS. and the midcard, with Cena and Bryan holding the belts, has tons of possibilities, too. It totally depends on how they proceed, but they've really set themselves up with a lot of quality options here.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

I really like that the mid belts are strong right now.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

$9.99 WWE Network questions... Is it basically just a streaming online service that you have to access via your computer, or is it a channel on something like Fios? Are you able to watch a lot of regular matches from the 80's and such, or just bigger names or events? Are any or a lot of the superstar videos available Things such as Undertaker: This is my yard, etc. Disc set for Flair, Hogan, etc...

Thanks.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

it's an online library. it pretty much has every WWE/F, WCW, ECW, and AWA event ever available for stream, as well as a rotating selection of old raws and nitros. That's in addition to the live events every month, and NXT. The individual superstar videos i believe get rotated through, as well. It's a good value if you like wrestling. I cancelled it because i just don't have the spare time to justify paying for it.

It's also paired with the wwe app, so you can watch it on your mobile device.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

just announced that NXT will be running monthly live events. nice.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Was expecting Wrestlemania to be terrible, and it wasn't. It wasn't the greatest ever, not even close, but it wasn't bad.

I was really impressed with Rusev's performance. I didn't care at all for the Cena/Rusev match leading up to it, but I actually liked it.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Jim wrote:$9.99 WWE Network questions... Is it basically just a streaming online service that you have to access via your computer, or is it a channel on something like Fios? Are you able to watch a lot of regular matches from the 80's and such, or just bigger names or events? Are any or a lot of the superstar videos available Things such as Undertaker: This is my yard, etc. Disc set for Flair, Hogan, etc...

Thanks.
It's Netflix with the addition of a live channel. So there's the on demand stuff you watch whenever, and theres a live stream that shows live PPVs or selected shows. In addition to your computer and smart phone/tablet, it can be watched on PS3/4, Xbox 360/One, Roku, AppleTV, Amazon Fire and select smart tvs and bluray players. http://www.wwe.com/devices" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

Heyman turn? That's all I can see here
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

And the new announcer just called stardust goldust. Ugly. Booker t and jbl look awful here too. Not good