The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by shafnutz05 »

Reddit poster (and WWE insider) MetsFan4Ever made a pretty interesting post in r/squaredcircle this week, would have posted it earlier but I was banned. Obviously spoilers incoming:
Spoiler:
After talking to a few people today at the SmackDown tapings word going around is that Brock Lesnar is very close to agreeing on a new contract with the WWE. With the lack of popularity that Roman Reigns has received as of late, Triple H is pushing Vince on the idea of keeping the WWE Championship on Brock.
This would also have huge ramifications with two of the under card matches on the show.

If Brock retains the title it would in all likelihood mean a continued "special attraction schedule" for him. Triple H as of late has been big on the idea that the I.C. Title and the U.S. Title should mean something again. The plan, if Brock retains is to put the U.S. Title on John Cena and the I.C. Title on Daniel Bryan. The theory would be that two legit Superstars would bring legitimacy to both titles. Also, while Brock is gone both men can main event Raw, Smackdown, PPVs and house shows with those titles on top of the card. Which again, would bring back the legitimacy of both belts.

A lot can change between now and WrestleMania. But this is just one of the many ideas that are being discussed. I have not been told of any other ideas, but if I hear more, I will be sure to pass the information along to this great community.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Return of the shad
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Night of the Living Shad
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Shaddin' 2: Electric LGP Boogaloo
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Shadurday Night Fever
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Seriously though, I like that idea if it is true.

You can also turn Reigns heel by having him resent the fans because he will no doubt get booed mercilessly at Wrestlemania, possibly gaining him some respect.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

The "bull hammer" is super lame. I liked it call the souvenier much better. It made more sense. Still as a finisher it's pretty awful.

BNB has also lost a ton of momentum. As in the whole gimmick went away.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Pavel Bure wrote:The "bull hammer" is super lame. I liked it call the souvenier much better. It made more sense. Still as a finisher it's pretty awful.

That is because it didn't work.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Jim wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:The "bull hammer" is super lame. I liked it call the souvenier much better. It made more sense. Still as a finisher it's pretty awful.

That is because it didn't work.
What? People popped consistently for BNB
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Awful, freak accident happened in a match with Rey Mysterio just last night i think. Guy passed away after they carried him out..

Go to about the 6 minute mark(watch the guy in the black shirt).

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AmieRklWdaE#t=400[/youtube]

Update from PWInsider:

A video of the complete bout has made it's way online, which provides a greater picture of what happened before Aguayo collapsed. All four men are battling in the ring when Aguayo is nailed with a missile dropkick. He takes a bump that results in him flopping over and landing on his stomach. He returns to his feet and takes a head scissors from Mysterio, bumping outside to the floor, twisting his body while running to take the move and go through the ropes. Aguayo lands on the outside and returns to the ring and is dropkicked, resulting in him landing against the ropes in the traditional position to take the 619.

It appears Aguayo may have suffered a spinal trauma while taking the bump to the outside of the ring, not realized it (possibly due to the adrenaline of performing) and worsened the injury taking the dropkick after he returned to the ring. Once he hits the ropes, Aguayo is completely out and it appears that since he landed in the normal position to take the 619, that greatly added to the confusion as initially one would think he was just selling.

The medical team was already dealing with two previous injuries and the stretcher was occupied, hence the lackluster response.
Dickie Dunn
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Dickie Dunn »

That's a tough watch, especially as the match continues when we now all know he was hanging on the ropes dying. For the US Rey Mysterio is the big name involved because of his time in WWE, but Perro Aguayo Jr. was about as big of a superstar as you can find in Mexican wrestling and came from a legendary family. Incredibly tragic freak accident.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Who knew Sting could talk?
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

A tug of war to end raw?? VOMIT
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Cagsjr724 wrote:A tug of war to end raw?? VOMIT
Hahah yeah that was really lame.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

Stone Cold and the Rock beat the hell out of each other on the go home raw leading up to wrestlemanina 17, now its a tug of war. Vince you need to step down for gods sake!! A Lot of people dont like HHH but this will be a much better product when he is in full contol.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

The general apathy towards the product doesn't help either. I probably watched a total of 20 minutes of a 3 hour show tonight.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

honestly its background noise to me anymore but when the two guys who are headling wrestlemania are having a confortation to close out the show, im going to watch. I expexed a brawl with Lesnar getting the upper hand. Not a **** tug of war.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

A tug of war is like the lamest thing they could of came up with. Like who green lights that crap haha. It just looked so bad. I would have taken a stare down over that. Heyman has tried his damndest to get people to care about this match. He does a great promo tonight.. and they follow it up with that. This company sometimes.

I will say the Paige/Nikki Bella match was good the parts I saw.. they actually gave them some time.

Also what I saw of Ziggler/Bryan was good.

That's pretty much all I saw until the Heyman promo at the end and the tug of war.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I saw about half of the Heyman promo and the close-out of RAW, and it the tug-of-war, indeed, looked terrible.

Reigns ripping the belt out of Lesnar was a total heel move. I would like that if they weren't trying to make Reigns the face. Should have just had Lesnar rip the belt out of Reigns hands to reclaim it and then had a stare down. Would have saved them the embarrassment.

And this is something I thought of immediately after it happened.

They test things out like this to see how it looks on camera for crying out loud!
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

Maybe just Maybe that was a set up for a double turn at wrestlemaina. I doubt it but its just a thought.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

skullman80 wrote:The general apathy towards the product doesn't help either. I probably watched a total of 20 minutes of a 3 hour show tonight.
I watched the divas match and then shut it off. It's Bizzaro world
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Just watched austin vs hart from wm 13 again. What a match. About as good as it gets. Great story, great pace, and a perfect double turn.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I just watched the tug of war....lol. As one redditor commented, it takes skill to make Lesnar look like that big of a dweeb
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

Lesnar just said on sports center that he is done with ufc, but will proceed with wwe
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

Kind of surprised he would announce this on national tv just days before wrestlemania. Just said he signed a new contract with wwe last night. I wonder what creative will do now for this match since it is public knowledge