The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by DudeMan2766 »

http://www.kayfabenews.com/breaking-hee ... ikes-town/

lol
Though Pittsburgh fans were rightly outraged by Rollins’ snide and unprovoked verbal attacks, unconfirmed reports suggest that he also hates the local sports teams in Miami, Philadelphia, Des Moines, Seattle, Toronto Boston, Chicago, Dallas, Phoenix, Detroit, Minneapolis, and at least 40 other North American cities.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

sounds like an Onion article
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:sounds like an Onion article
cause it is....(basically)
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

23:27 of actual on tv wrestling last night in a 193 minute show. Wiz got what nearly 10-15?
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

So I just read that the Sting promo was actually him talking, but the voice was altered as a throwback to the Black Scorpion angle from 1990. Funny part? Sting wasn't the Black Scorpion. I'm not sure what's worse: having people question whether Sting actually did the talking or having Sting resurrect an a characteristic of a wrestler that wasn't even him. Maybe creative needs to review a bit of history...

I'm generally not one to complain about shows I watch. After all, I choose to watch them, and if they're worth complaining about, they're not worth watching. But in this case, I reinvested in the WWE immediately after Wrestlemania last year following a 15 year hiatus -- and I eventually invested $9.99 a month on the Network for what will amount to 10 months when I cancel my subscription. I find no reason to continue to watch after Wrestlemania when WWE and Vince keep insulting fans with horribly-written, watered down, force-fed booking.

I'm okay with them pushing Reigns. I don't like him, but I can handle that. I can't handle Daniel Bryan being buried. I can't handle John Cena lambasting Seth Rollins for forcing him to re-instate the Authority, then just weeks later doing the exact same thing to force Lana into accepting a re-match on Rusev's behalf. I can't stand that Cesaro was incredibly over after Wrestlemania last year, then got buried by Vince, who later said he doesn't have enough in him to connect with fans (which he clearly did after winning the Andre Memorial Battle Royal). I can't stand that the only title that matters is defended every other month (if that) and the champ is on TV once a month -- and yet they refuse to build up any other titles in a meaningful way.

I used to love wrestling. I came back because I saw potential for it to return to the greatness it once was. I was fooled into spending my money. I will continue to watch Raw until Wrestlemania, and I will watch Wrestlemania as well. It's the culmination of what I've watched for the last year -- but that will be it. And it's unfortunate too, because I really enjoy watching NXT, but I won't spend $9.99 per month to watch one hour a week of Wrestling. I've got better things to spend my money on.

I'll continue to watch Raw
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Ive always thought you guys were unjustifiably snide and cynical in your assessment of the product, and you were at certain points over the last year, but now I must admit the product is horrible. There is no --- not at all --- story development.

Main event: scripted promo about overcoming odds. Tag match involving participants for four weeks in a row.

Cena: overcomes odds, buries opponents.

Mid card: champion loses non title fight twice. Sets up title fight.

Tag: ditto.

Its awful.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

TheHammer24 wrote:Ive always thought you guys were unjustifiably snide and cynical in your assessment of the product, and you were at certain points over the last year, but now I must admit the product is horrible. There is no --- not at all --- story development.

Main event: scripted promo about overcoming odds. Tag match involving participants for four weeks in a row.

Cena: overcomes odds, buries opponents.

Mid card: champion loses non title fight twice. Sets up title fight.

Tag: ditto.

Its awful.
You forgot to insert commercials between each of those.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Max Landis' wrestling related follow up to The Death and Return of Superman, Wrestling Isn't Wrestling, is going to be posted to his YouTube account at some point today. From what I gather, it's a retelling of the attitude era, except he cast hot women as all of the wrestlers (except Chyna, who is of course played by a dude). It should be pretty funny. I love that dude's videos.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Zbyszko and Rikishi? Blayze and the Bushwhackers?

Not including Connor... Savage is the only one this year that I care about at all.

Rikishi - Spent more time in the WWE than most realize flipping between a few ginics... but none of them really did much or were very memorable, except for the "stink face". Do you get into the HoF for the "stink face"? Apparently.

Blayze - Women's champ when no one cared about women's wrestling.

Bushwhackers - Fun, funny and energetic. Long careers and had a niche.

Zbyszko - I didn't really watch when he was doing whatever he did... but I guess it was important.

Savage - Savage's abilities and personality (maybe because of cocaine) make him one of the top 10 all time. No-brainer for the HoF.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

It's not like they haven't had weak entries before.. Koko B Ware anyone? Also I think they look outisde the WWE bubble and look at careers. The Bushwackers were a comedy tag team in WWF, but as the Sheepherders prior they were really good. Anyhow.. eventually you are gonna have some weak entries. It's a HOF for a scripted sport so I don't lose sleep over who gets in or not.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

i'm ok with Alundra Blayze getting in, as she's probably the most talented american female wrestler of all time, and while her WWE career ended on dubious terms, she was in WCW for a while before (and a bit after), and was responsible for bringing back the women's division. Her whole body of work is certainly worthy. The Bushwackers and Rikishi? meh. not so much. But i think they're kind of running out of big names to induct.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Is Rick Rude in? if not he should be
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

SolidSnake wrote:Is Rick Rude in? if not he should be
he is not. and he probably should be.

as far as others who should be in...

Vader & Elizabeth are the two that come to mind. then once Taker, Angle, Sting, HHH, and The Rock all hang them up for good, they'll be in. Bam Bam Bigelow and Sid are probably good shots, too. Mr T will probably get in as a celebrity at some point. Owen Hart should be in, but his family is very much against the idea.

Benoit and Chyna won't ever get in
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Wrestling Isn't Wrestling from Max Landis

(linked due to some language)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Is Seth Rollins getting bigger? Steroids?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

That Lesnar taped interview was the best thing all night. Always comes through as a homicidal maniac.

"At Wrestlemania, I am going to **** Roman Reigns up. End of story."
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Froggy wrote:Wrestling Isn't Wrestling from Max Landis

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VYvMOf3hsGA" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
This was good. The HHH girl has an interesting past.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

It's depressing how bad WWE has been this year. I'm not the least bit excited for Mania.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Cool moment and all but I'm shocked that the first time Sting speaks in WWE is put on the network instead of TV. I get that they want to sell subscriptions but that should've been on Raw.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

What did he say? I didn't switch over in time. I know I'm in the minority here but I mark out everytime I see Sting on a WWE program. Nobody ever thought that would happen.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Nothing important. "I waited 15 years to be in this ring" then some generic threats against HHH at Mania.

Also there were only 4 wrestling matches in that 3 hour wrestling show.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

That was an awesome ending, crowd was crazy for Sting.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

nocera wrote:Nothing important. "I waited 15 years to be in this ring" then some generic threats against HHH at Mania.

I'm glad I watched Kill Bill 2 over Raw.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Kovy27 wrote:
nocera wrote:Nothing important. "I waited 15 years to be in this ring" then some generic threats against HHH at Mania.

I'm glad I watched Kill Bill 2 over Raw.
Gargantuan
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Froggy wrote:Wrestling Isn't Wrestling from Max Landis

This is very good and hilarious. It sprung me into a long session of watching Max Landis related material on Youtube.