The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by nocera »

Belee dat.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

This crowd is hilarious dead. Somehow WWE killed both wrestlers with this feud.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

It picked up toward the end but this tweener stuff is lame. Just make one a heel. I don't even care who. Also, Norman Smiley sighting.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

I'm a John Cena hater but i really liked the John Cena that I saw tonight. No silly promos or kissing the crowds ass. He went straight after Rusev and told the referres to back the F off. Ruthless agression like when he made his debute. When was the last time you saw Cena do that? Overall Raw sucked but i hope this isnt a one night preformence for a more aggresive and serious John Cena.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Cagsjr724 wrote:I'm a John Cena hater but i really liked the John Cena that I saw tonight. No silly promos or kissing the crowds ass. He went straight after Rusev and told the referres to back the F off. Ruthless agression like when he made his debute. When was the last time you saw Cena do that? Overall Raw sucked but i hope this isnt a one night preformence for a more aggresive and serious John Cena.
I think the last time we've seen him like this was when he was feuding with Kane. Back when The Demon was abducting women and throwing broskis in wheelchairs off stages. One night to end RAW Cena went ballistic. Kane was lying helpless and Cena was still drilling him with the stairs, and throwing him on the concrete. The crowd was almost silent cuz they were shocked it was so unusual. But it was cool, and Cena did it well. Very next Monday night he's coming out with his "I'm just as excited to be here as you are cuz its RAW!!" ass kissing and I cant remember exactly but it was that happy go lucky "comedian" John Cena like when he did the cheesy photoshop comedy about the Wyatts. This type of Cena is good, but I'd be surprised if it lasts until Smackdown let alone thru the weekend to the ppv.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Also

[youtube][/youtube]
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

So I've been trying to come up with a web/mobile phone app idea recently just to better my portfolio since I'm fresh out of college and don't have much experience, and my brother gave me a good idea.

Essentially its an app that just lists and illustrates (with .gifs) wrestling finishers and special moves. So like with the Undertaker you'd see the tombstone, chokeslam and last ride. Anything that's signature Taker.

Its not supposed to be incredibly complicated as of yet nor do I expect to make a cent, just a simple lightweight free app that can teach you something and thatll give me experience.

I'm just wondering if you guys think this is worthwhile? I don't really care if it gets 100 or less downloads, I just want something on the market that might have potential
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Also, I'm completely open to any ideas. It'll really just be me working on it so any feedback is appreciated
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Sounds like a good idea, but I'd imagine WWE wouldn't like it so much regardless of price.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Spangler wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but I'd imagine WWE wouldn't like it so much regardless of price.
Yeah that's one thing I'm worried about. I'm considering sending them an email to make sure its O to go ahead with it or something

I mean they could be giant dicks about it but I'm not going to put a price on the app or have any ads so hopefully they be nice to a fan.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Cagsjr724 wrote:I'm a John Cena hater but i really liked the John Cena that I saw tonight. No silly promos or kissing the crowds ass. He went straight after Rusev and told the referres to back the F off. Ruthless agression like when he made his debute. When was the last time you saw Cena do that? Overall Raw sucked but i hope this isnt a one night preformence for a more aggresive and serious John Cena.
I think the last time we've seen him like this was when he was feuding with Kane. Back when The Demon was abducting women and throwing broskis in wheelchairs off stages. One night to end RAW Cena went ballistic. Kane was lying helpless and Cena was still drilling him with the stairs, and throwing him on the concrete. The crowd was almost silent cuz they were shocked it was so unusual. But it was cool, and Cena did it well. Very next Monday night he's coming out with his "I'm just as excited to be here as you are cuz its RAW!!" ass kissing and I cant remember exactly but it was that happy go lucky "comedian" John Cena like when he did the cheesy photoshop comedy about the Wyatts. This type of Cena is good, but I'd be surprised if it lasts until Smackdown let alone thru the weekend to the ppv.
IIRC Cena beat Kane at the PPV that followed and that was it. My hope is that Rusev beats Cena clean on Sunday and we see the most aggressive and bad ass John Cena that we haven't seen since he was the doctor of thuganomics
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Spangler wrote:Sounds like a good idea, but I'd imagine WWE wouldn't like it so much regardless of price.
Yeah that's one thing I'm worried about. I'm considering sending them an email to make sure its O to go ahead with it or something

I mean they could be giant dicks about it but I'm not going to put a price on the app or have any ads so hopefully they be nice to a fan.
I wouldn't count on it.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Old Time Hockey wrote:Absolute no crowd reaction to the prime time players reuniting
coincidentally that was my reaction watching the limited amount of RAW that I saw on Monday. 8-)
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

First time I have not watched or recorded raw in a very long time. Guessing I didn't miss anything.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

BAH GAWD!!!! THATS CERV'S MUSIC!!!!
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Cagsjr724 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
IIRC Cena beat Kane at the PPV that followed and that was it. My hope is that Rusev beats Cena clean on Sunday and we see the most aggressive and bad ass John Cena that we haven't seen since he was the doctor of thuganomics
Rusev will win Sunday by some outside interference and they'll use WM for everyone's hero John Cena to finally overcome the undefeated Rusev and save America from the evil clutches of Bulgaria. I've, along with many others, have called it from day 1 that they were building up Rusev to feed to Cena
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Scary how good NxT is again compared to Raw and Smackdown.

Another good show tonight Not great, but good and didn't drag. Highlight was Owens vs Neville. Good stuff. Neville's dead lift german suplex of Owens was :shock: :shock:

Also the random return of
Spoiler:
Rhyno
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

Samoa Joe parted ways with TNA and Triple H wants to sign him to NTX. Guess who doesn't want to sign him? The out of touch chairman.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

skullman80 wrote:Scary how good NxT is again compared to Raw and Smackdown.

Another good show tonight Not great, but good and didn't drag. Highlight was Owens vs Neville. Good stuff. Neville's dead lift german suplex of Owens was :shock: :shock:

Also the random return of
Spoiler:
Rhyno
Spoiler:
Thats from out of nowhere
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

i don't know if any of you have seen this series, but the dude who is relatively internet famous for doing the YuGiOH Abridged Series has started a youtube show recapping raw and smackdown every week called The Mark Remark. it's pretty funny.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1agZZIIERQ[/youtube]
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PknxpsLf0BU[/youtube]

Has some bad words.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

I saw this on reddit. I have no clue if there is any credibilaty to this since its not one of the dirt sheet websites that i read but i'll link it anyway.
http://wrestlechat.net/report-huge-news ... -cena-wwe/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

I just can't take Ziggler seriously because of his hair
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

The network worked for me for about 6 minutes. Now I cant see anything for only NINE NINETY NINE