The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

what do you guys think about Ambrose vying for the IC title?

I read that a lot of people think he's openly accepting midcard hell but I think he could bring it back to relevance, especially if someone like Rollins eventually goes after it too
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

If they make the IC title actually worth something rather than a belt that just gets passed around and forgot about I'd be fine with Ambrose getting it for a bit.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

What's frustrating about the IC title is how easy it would be to make it relevant. It's like they bury the title on purpose.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Maybe it is just time for the simply heel vs face thing to go away.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Triple H strikes me as completely in touch and aware with modern viewing audiences. I can't wait to see where the product goes once he takes over.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Jim wrote:Maybe it is just time for the simply heel vs face thing to go away.
Bad vs Good will never go away.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Crankshaft wrote:
Jim wrote:Maybe it is just time for the simply heel vs face thing to go away.
Bad vs Good will never go away.
Granted, but it is just the hard "one has to be a good guy and one a bad guy" thing... it's out of date.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I would argue that with the biggest "good guy" in the company getting more boos than cheers on some nights, the new chosen one having the biggest moment of his career totally crapped on and heels not being allowed to cheat to win, the era of good guy vs bad guy is already over.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

That's one thing I'll never get. I understand Rollins needs to be hated so he needs to be a weasel and cheat sometimes, but he NEVER wins without help. He's supposed to be one of your next big things and he can't win a match. Theres some irony there where the crowd knows a heels such a good wrestler, that he can never win a match on his own so people wont cheer for him.
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

Just got done watching raw and it was one of the better ones in awhile. I am kind of looking forward to going to the house show on Friday now
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Old Time Hockey wrote:Just got done watching raw and it was one of the better ones in awhile. I am kind of looking forward to going to the house show on Friday now
I went to one in December, and granted it was the night before HIAC, and I've heard they use the night before shows as sort of a trial run for the PPV, but it was seriously enjoyable. Really fun and really good wrestling. I enjoyed the 2 1/2 hr house show way more than any RAW or PPV since.
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

I've never been to a wwe house show. How many matches are there? Is there an intermission or is it one match after another?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Old Time Hockey wrote:I've never been to a wwe house show. How many matches are there? Is there an intermission or is it one match after another?
Nope, no intermission. I know I've relayed this story but I went to a house show in Mobile, Alabama in 2003, and had a great time. I made full palm contact with Trish Stratus' oiled chest (she tried to high five me and cut it too close), and that was great.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

shafnutz05 wrote:
Old Time Hockey wrote:I've never been to a wwe house show. How many matches are there? Is there an intermission or is it one match after another?
Nope, no intermission. I know I've relayed this story but I went to a house show in Mobile, Alabama in 2003, and had a great time. I made full palm contact with Trish Stratus' oiled chest (she tried to high five me and cut it too close), and that was great.
You're on the shortlist of guys who can claim that I'm sure. lol

I listened to Jericho's podcast with Wade Barrett, and Barrett said he loved the house shows because they are much less restricted in both matches and promos.

I could see that in the recent show in Pittsburgh. Cody Rhodes cut a promo joking that the next Wrestlemania was coming to Pittsburgh. He would have never been allowed to say that on TV because of business issues.

I could just imagine Vince losing his **** during the show if he heard that.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Is it even remotely possible Bryan goes over at Fast Lane? I just don't know how they could " fix Reigns between now and Mania. Even turning him heel is a band aid on his bigger issues.

I say Bryan goes over

Reigns as the scorned Rumble winner does turn heel and starts back stage attacks on fan favs. He becomes a recluse of sorts, can't find him, when is he gonna turn up. All the while he's hammering stars backstage or ruining some matches but then disappearing. (Outside of TV he's training hard on his ring work/promo skills) week or so before Mania HHH says he has to put a stop to this but needs protection and Show is the guy to do that. He chastises Reigns for hiding, for being a coward. Reigns comes out of hiding and blames HHH and that Reigns isn't hiding anymore. HHH says fine and to prove it at Mania against show. "Screw it, I'll break him then I'm coming for you." Reigns squashes Show at Mania, just brutal power. No more than 5 mins.

HHH has his Sting match, Sting hopefully goes over and after celebrating leaves the stage. Enter Reigns who decimates an already battered HHH. Says something about "make a match to get out of that *air quotes* mistake." Reigns leaves HHH is helped to the back by medics. Next night the HHH feud With Reigns really gets going HHH would have to stick around for a possible SummerSlam match but it could work.

Now back to Bryan. He goes over at Mania, Rollins cashes in almost immediately with some aid from Lesnar. Bryan and Rollins Feud culminating in Bryan going over at SS. Reigns goes over HHH @ SS, cuts a promo about being tired of old guys trying to hold him down and that this is his time, get ready DB.

There you go. Reigns pays his dues. Bryan gets his run at the top. And the fans go home happy.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Reigns will not be a heel. They are hellbent on making him a top face.

They will do something stupid like have Ziggler join the Authority and cost Bryan his match at Fast Lane so that they can set that match up at WrestleMania. Even if the Authority cost Ziggler his job. **** making sense. Gotta make Roman look strong.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I just watched the Youtube of Lesnar vs. that one-legged wrestler back in 2003...Zach Gowen? Damn, one of the most brutal chair shots ever. What a great heel match from Lesnar.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I'm glad they cut those types of chair shots out. I remember one that Rock gave to Ken Shamrock that just had a sickening thud, forget what even that was though. Also Rock vs Foley at RR 99 another example of chairshots that you look back on now and are like WTF were they thinking.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I admit I used to love a good chair shot, but knowing what we know now about brain injuries, a chair shot makes my stomach turn. I don't miss hardcore wrestling at all.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Curtis Axel ranting about being the rumble winner on Smackdown. Crowd's reaction?

*crickets*
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Remember when Paul Heyman cut like a 5 solid minute promo unveiling the next Paul Heyman guy? Lights go down, music starts on the big screen, out comes Axel laughing, "I'm BAAAAAACK."

The entire crowd, "um, okay."
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Jesus talk about pumped in crowd noise for reigns. That was a bigger pop than Cena gets.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Pavel Bure wrote:Jesus talk about pumped in crowd noise for reigns. That was a bigger pop than Cena gets.

This is a big reason why I can't watch SD.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

nocera wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:Jesus talk about pumped in crowd noise for reigns. That was a bigger pop than Cena gets.
I had to stop watching.
This is a big reason why I can't watch SD.