The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

there's definitely something sketchy about the WWE announcing that right after #CancelWWENetwork is the number 1 trend on Twitter. I don't know if they're falsifying the numbers or they've kept this in their back pocket for a while or what but I have a hard time believing there was a net gain in subscribers after the Rumble
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:there's definitely something sketchy about the WWE announcing that right after #CancelWWENetwork is the number 1 trend on Twitter. I don't know if they're falsifying the numbers or they've kept this in their back pocket for a while or what but I have a hard time believing there was a net gain in subscribers after the Rumble

I'm not sure how correct this is, but I read that they could not falsify the numbers because they're a public company. That said, this is no way means they will have over 1 mil subscribers come next month. I'm sure with the Rumble coming and the UK/Canada launch their numbers were boosted quite a bit. Let's see how they are at the end of the Jan. billing cycle.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I initially signed up for the Network but canceled after the 6 month commitment. Then I signed up and canceled for the Rumble. I wonder if I counted as 2 subscriptions?
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

From what I understand, anyone who cancelled their subscription still have access to the network until their month is up, so anyone who cancelled are still registered.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Yeah I have no doubt this is bs in response to the cancel the network trend. Things been around for a year (and underperforming to their expectations subscription wise) and they just happen to hit 1 million 48 hours after a terrible ppv and people start campaigning to cancel. Ironically my subscription ran out last week or I was going to host a rumble party. Other than PPVs I watched next to nothing on it. But even the crappy ones I at least put on in the background so $10 is still nothing. I'll just prob wait until after Mania or so to re up.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by She'sTheFastest »

ICO Pro, The XFL and the lame, watered down product that Vince dared to call ECW were all colossal failures and went belly up. If he is not careful, his entire product will as well.

To that end, I was questioning the other day if he is doing this intentionally. He is a major dbag and he has his millions. It is quite possible that he is cold-hearted enough to see his own daughter fail. That way he can say "I told you so" and believe himself. This is the same guy that made his talent perform after one of them literally fell to his death.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Concerning Daniel Bryan for Wrestlemania
Spoiler:
Bryan vs Ziggler is being talked about now: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe- ... royal-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

SolidSnake wrote:Concerning Daniel Bryan for Wrestlemania
Spoiler:
Bryan vs Ziggler is being talked about now: http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/wwe- ... royal-news" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Blergh. That doesn't even make sense right now.

Seriously just put him in a TT for the title
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Spoiler:

Yea but at least it's better than vs Sheamus. That would be a great match if they go that way
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

SolidSnake wrote:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Spoiler:

Yea but at least it's better than vs Sheamus. That would be a great match if they go that way
I agree.
Spoiler:
Give them 15+ minutes and let them steal the show.

It's not ideal but the ideal match (Lesnar/Bryan) isn't going to happen. Triple threat means Vince admitting he was wrong two years in a row and would be a literal repeat of last year's storyline. If WWE would do the double turn of Reigns & Lesnar prior to Mania, it would give them a lot more steam heading in and would probably keep the fans from hijacking the match. Unless it's clear that Lesnar won't be back. Then we might get a repeat of Lesnar/Goldberg.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

By the way, Reigns was interviewed by Sam Roberts two days before the Rumble and this quote is amazing.
Fans have to realize that as opinionated as they are and the way you want it, the company is the same way and they are gonna do what they wanna do...hopefully, at the end of the day, I'm the one getting rich.
Turn him heel and have him say that on Raw. Massive heat. It'd be great.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

It might have been the article above but it made a great point. When they were building Cena he had to compete with Angle, Edge, HBK, HHH etc. he was built slowly and deliberately before being pushed to the moon. That's why when it happened for him people were ready for it. All WWE seems to remember is pushing him hard. Not that battle tested slow build payoff. That's their issue. As much as we bemoan Ambrose in limbo and celebrate Rollins for taking the ball and running with it they are paying their dues, they are taking the harder road, even Wyatt and Rusev are doing that. And when their moments come it will feel deserved and right, it will feel like they worked and clawed and scratched to get to the top and it will be genuine. It's not Roman's fault but WWE is killing his career before he even has a chance to prove himself. Heck they had Lesnar no selling AAs and curb stomps to perfect effect. Then Roman was talking about needing a trainer for a little bloody lip. How can anyone think he has any chance. I know I'm rehashing here with a lot of this. The future is Rollins, Rusev, Ambrose, and Wyatt. Those guys have "it" (I didn't want to believe Rusev did but I've come around) Reigns could be part of it but not with what the WWE is doing with him. I can't wait to see those 4 guys I mentioned hit the peak. When they do, it will seem well deserved and the payoff will be worth it.

I didn't include Bryan because IMO he's part of the now. I would have loved for him to win but he didn't need the rumble push... Although the stripped champion chasing the title against all odds writes itself and then have Rollins cash in during Mania and the E had their next 2 years written.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Thing is, (im not exactly spouting a never before heard opinion here) but this has culminated into way more than "my guy didn't win." People are paying big money to attend these events, and its pretty clear who the fans want to see. Having Ziggler last 2 minutes, and Bryan come in 10th, and last I think 10 minutes, Bray gets tossed easily after looking really really strong, etc. Fans may not be as upset if the people they paid to see, the people everyone knows are good performers, actually have a chance to entertain, win or lose. People wouldn't complain as much if the guys who we all know are the most entertaining, actually got a chance to entertain us. But Vince would rather stick it to all us peons who made him a billionaire
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

The Royal Rumble used to be my favorite event, but man, it isn't it used to be. And I'm not even talking about the last couple of years. So predictable now.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

nocera wrote:
SolidSnake wrote:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:
Spoiler:

I agree.
Spoiler:
Give them 15+ minutes and let them steal the show.

It's not ideal but the ideal match (Lesnar/Bryan) isn't going to happen. Triple threat means Vince admitting he was wrong two years in a row and would be a literal repeat of last year's storyline. If WWE would do the double turn of Reigns & Lesnar prior to Mania, it would give them a lot more steam heading in and would probably keep the fans from hijacking the match. Unless it's clear that Lesnar won't be back. Then we might get a repeat of Lesnar/Goldberg.
As someone said that match could be the Steamboat/Savage match from Wrestlemania III
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

:lol:

[youtube][/youtube]
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Stone Cold released his podcast talking about the RR.

I don't know if he reads all the message boards or not, but he's pointing out EVERYTHING people have been talking about.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

nocera wrote:In other news, Meltzer is reporting that Wrestlemania will no longer feature numerals because Vince thinks it makes the event sound too old. It wasn't enough that he banned the saying "the granddaddy of them all" now he takes away the numbering which not only conveyed a deep history, it also set it aside from every other PPV.
JS© wrote:the NFL still uses the roman numeral system and nobody ever says it makes the game sound old.

Isn't this the same company that went for an entire Roman-themed wrestlemania once?

I misread this like they were just going away from roman numerals and didn't realize it was all numbers in general.

The point about the NFL using this system with zero complaints still stands.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

@WWECreative_ish: Hey, at least we'll let @WWEDanielBryan main event SOMETHING. #ReasonsToWatchSmackDown
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

[youtube][/youtube]
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

One of my favorite factions ever was The Mean Street Posse' Pete Gas, Rodney and Joey Abbs
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

HHH says he's gonna make announcement on raw that will shake WWE to it's core.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Cena still cuts a damn good promo

Then again he just said THE CHAMP IS HERE. Are they gonna put the US title on Cena?
Last edited by Pavel Bure on Thu Jan 29, 2015 9:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Pavel Bure wrote:Cena still cuts a damn good promo
lol he does I like him referring to the US belt "I was holding that title before you had pubes and she had boobs" LOL
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Paige...yummy.