The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by JS© »

DudeMan2766 wrote:So was there any story at all for the bella's making up and getting back together or did they just do it one night for no reason?
They made it right before the 30 day mark of whatever ridiculous thing they had going on. No reason, no explanation, nothing.
SolidSnake wrote:I've actually got to the point when the Bray Wyatt "lectures" comes on I get up and use the bathroom.
yep. I'm not sure I could name one thing that he's mentioned in a promo in at least 3-4 months.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:Who the hell are the Ascension fighting?

The kid weighs like 13 pounds
He's no Stan Stansky or Arthur Rosenberg.
ville5
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ville5 »

JS© wrote:
nocera wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:
nocera wrote:This Raw is terrible. It's like they know they're going to get crushed in the ratings so they just gave up.
I'm not a fan of using Macho in the HOF as a ratings pawn. I know why they do it, but guy deserves better. They know exactly what they're doing.
It's weird that Hogan is inducting him and not his brother, The Genius. According to Hogan, he and Savage made up and were pals just before he died. But its hard to believe anything Hogan says. Be a man, Hogan.
:lol:
well done

I think part of the reason they didn't get The Genius involved was there was something awhile back about him saying either the entire Poffo family is inducted or nobody will be there to accept. Basically a cheap way to get himself into the WWEHOF.
Holy $!#@/ Batman. I just now realized that Leaping Lanny Poffo and Randy Poffo aka Macho Man are brothers. 25 years after the fact lol.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Defence21 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Only the WWE would say Hey lets take the mic out of this guys hands and make him just imitate a guy who was on the Real World

[youtube][/youtube]
I'm actually quite enjoying this. It's a bit of old fashioned heeling on Miz's part to not allow Mizdow to do much of anything other than imitate him on the ring skirt or the floor. They're building a slow burn to an eventual split and feud that will have a much better pay off than if we got to see Mizdow do everything we want to see him do.

At least this is what I am hoping is happening. If it's not...well, then it's just stupid.

We don't see enough of this in WWE, as they're always looking to advance a storyline quickly and move on to the next thing. That's part of why WWE is so average (at best) right now -- they let nothing develop. NXT builds stories and characters and lets them play out naturally over time. It's what fuels feuds and teases fans. Ultimately, they come back wanting to see what happens next. With WWE, they don't give you an opportunity to want more, as they feed it to you before the craving hits.

Oh im totally enjoying it. But that speaks volumes of how to Sandow is. But they silenced him way before hooking him up with the Miz. They ripped the mic out of his hand, and put him in plain black trunks and pads. For months we never heard his voice and all he did was lose. It was classic jobber wear. Its stuff like this that we will never understand. This Mizdow gimmick is working because of him, and that's it. Once he breaks free I wouldn't be supprised to see him pulled back in by you know who..

Also LOL I completely forgot about McMahondow

[youtube][/youtube]
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I literally stare at Sandow the entire time Mizdow is out. I barely even listen to what the Miz is saying.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Wow. The Young Bucks (best tag team in the world. Look them up) are going to be in Cleveland for AIW's April show. I might have to make my way out there for that
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
Defence21 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Only the WWE would say Hey lets take the mic out of this guys hands and make him just imitate a guy who was on the Real World

[youtube][/youtube]
I'm actually quite enjoying this. It's a bit of old fashioned heeling on Miz's part to not allow Mizdow to do much of anything other than imitate him on the ring skirt or the floor. They're building a slow burn to an eventual split and feud that will have a much better pay off than if we got to see Mizdow do everything we want to see him do.

At least this is what I am hoping is happening. If it's not...well, then it's just stupid.

We don't see enough of this in WWE, as they're always looking to advance a storyline quickly and move on to the next thing. That's part of why WWE is so average (at best) right now -- they let nothing develop. NXT builds stories and characters and lets them play out naturally over time. It's what fuels feuds and teases fans. Ultimately, they come back wanting to see what happens next. With WWE, they don't give you an opportunity to want more, as they feed it to you before the craving hits.

Oh im totally enjoying it. But that speaks volumes of how to Sandow is. But they silenced him way before hooking him up with the Miz. They ripped the mic out of his hand, and put him in plain black trunks and pads. For months we never heard his voice and all he did was lose. It was classic jobber wear. Its stuff like this that we will never understand. This Mizdow gimmick is working because of him, and that's it. Once he breaks free I wouldn't be supprised to see him pulled back in by you know who..

Also LOL I completely forgot about McMahondow

[youtube][/youtube]
All I can say in response is that I believe this is Sandow's opportunity, which he has thoroughly grabbed. I would assume that before long, this will turn into a Miz/Mizdow feud and, hopefully, the crowd will stay behind Sandow enough that he'll get his rightfully earned push, just as Ziggler and Bryan have recently. I don't see him going to the top, but a relevant mid-carder, as he is now, is a heck of a lot better than plain-trunked jobber.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

NXT is going on the road to Columbus.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Defence21 wrote:All I can say in response is that I believe this is Sandow's opportunity, which he has thoroughly grabbed. I would assume that before long, this will turn into a Miz/Mizdow feud and, hopefully, the crowd will stay behind Sandow enough that he'll get his rightfully earned push, just as Ziggler and Bryan have recently. I don't see him going to the top, but a relevant mid-carder, as he is now, is a heck of a lot better than plain-trunked jobber.
He's good at comedy bits. He's going to stay a jobber.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I watched a bit of Smackdown last night. DBry with a big win. It seems like they said hey we have this guy everyone loves, we have a struggling show, he's gonna carry this show. He has a match with KANE next week, if he loses he's out of the rumble...

I still think him returning at the rumble would have been huge but I get the thinking that knowing Bryan is back might encourage more buys.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

NXT spoilers
Spoiler:
the Lucha Dragons lost the tag belts to two dudes that I can't for the life of me remember their names. Murphy and something. I hope this means they are on their way to the main roster, as Kalisto might be the most talented person on their roster. Also, next.takeover show is Feb 11, and will be headlined by Sami Zayn v Kevin Owens
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I thought Zayn and Neville had another great match the other night. Made it feel different from their title match and their other matches too. Pretty impressive. Those two have great chemistry.

Really interested to see where they go with Zayn and Owens.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I'm sure I'm incredibly late to the party, but holy hell, the OSW reviews are amazing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkoP2a ... RWKNN6bRng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm making my way through their Hulkamania era series right now. Not sure how I missed this when it was actually happening, but thankfully most of their videos haven't been taken down.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

nocera wrote:I'm sure I'm incredibly late to the party, but holy hell, the OSW reviews are amazing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkoP2a ... RWKNN6bRng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm making my way through their Hulkamania era series right now. Not sure how I missed this when it was actually happening, but thankfully most of their videos haven't been taken down.
YES! I love these videos. It's kind of hard to sell people on these, as the more recent videos are like 2 hours long, but they are hilarious. Have they started the "What Bar?" bit where you're at yet?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Froggy wrote:
nocera wrote:I'm sure I'm incredibly late to the party, but holy hell, the OSW reviews are amazing. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkoP2a ... RWKNN6bRng" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

YES! I love these videos. It's kind of hard to sell people on these, as the more recent videos are like 2 hours long, but they are hilarious. Have they started the "What Bar?" bit where you're at yet?
They sure have. I understand the hard sell. I wouldn't be able to sit and watch these at home. I've been listening to them at work, more podcast style and ignoring most of the video. I end up watch way more of the video than I should be...
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I really want to take the "What Bar?" game, and use it in real life. I think it would work pretty well for hockey jerseys
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

[youtube][/youtube]

it's not quite 300 Bars, but...
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

So Monday is the raw reunion will Rusev come out and destroy everyone?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

just a reminder... tonight, Beyond Wrestling will be hosting the RAWlternative stream of some of the best indie matches from the last year from several different promotions at " onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

the announced matches are
-Young Bucks vs. Super Smash Bros (Smash Wrestling)
-Ricochet vs. Josh Alexander (Alpha-1 Wrestling)
-Chris Hero vs. Colin Delaney (2CW: Squared Circle Wrestling)
-Johnny Gargano vs. Ethan Page (Absolute Intense Wrestling)
-Takaaki Watanabe vs. Andy Dalton (Inspire Pro)
-Ninjas With Altitude vs. Food Fighters (Inter Species Wrestling)
-Eddie Kingston vs. Keith Walker (Aaw Pro)
-Kevin Steen vs. Mike Bailey (C*4)
-Brian Kendrick vs. Dark Sheik (Hoodslam)
-Rich Swann & AR Fox vs. Christian Rose & Matt Cage (DREAMWAVE Wrestling)
-Kyle O'Reilly vs. Gary Jay (Saint Louis Anarchy)
-Athena vs. Mia Yim (AIW: Girls Night Out)

and one mystery match from Beyond Wrestling
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

#RAWlternative is underway. check it out. there are other options
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I watched the contract signing on the replay of RAW Saturday night because I was watching the football game Monday, holy hell the difference between how Lesnar and Cena took that curb stomp is laughable. Cena jumps 15 feet in the air when he takes it and Lesnar drilled his head so hard off the mat he drew blood.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

There's HHH, first appearance.

Going with 6 appearances tonight.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »