The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by skullman80 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:I'm mad at myself for tuning in every week(even if its not for the whole show) and subjecting myself to this. I should just stop. I can't though. It's in my blood. *sigh*
Me too. I spent the better part of the last 2 months missing most of the RAWs. I have been either watching hockey/football on Mondays then falling asleep before the main event. Of course I didn't miss a beat on these storylines. The only thing I'm still confused about (and I don't think it has anthing to do with me missing shows) is that I have no clue why it was Cena, and Cena's call alone to bring the Authority back.

While I don't watch an entire show, I still flip back and forth and if I'm awake watch the very last segment...and I hate myself for it. This isn't even bad stuff, it is literally not trying. They can't possibly be. My fear is they're going to sucker people back in with Bryan at the Rumble, have him not win, and they know that's going to piss people off and use that to draw people back in to see Bryan. You KNOW they're going to that.

Re: Cena having the call to bring the Authority back. I think it was his call and his call only cause Vince gave him that power at Survivor Series(right as the PPV started as they took like 20 minutes to start the show). Vince told Cena he was the only person who could ever bring the authority back into power if his Survivor Series team defeated the Authoritys team later that night.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Honest question....I know HHH runs NXT...do you guys think once the business goes to him it will get better? Because that is the only hope.

On another note, the New Japan PPV with Jim Ross and Matt Striker announcing was solid.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I think once HHH gets full control it will get better yes. Not perfect, but better. When he has no interference from Vince(like at NXT) I believe he will give the fans what they want(mostly) Well he has to keep Stephanie from meddling as well.

Some Nxt Goodness.. Zayn/Neville feud.. the exact story telling that the main shows don't do, with match quality to go along with it.

[youtube][/youtube]
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I read that they were thinking of bringing Adrian Neville up(from the above video) and giving him a mighty mouse gimmick. That's the kind of stuff that baffles me(If it's true).
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

I don't even watch RAW anymore. I just read the recaps so I know what's going on for the ppvs. I really don't think I'm missing much.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Cagsjr724 wrote:
skullman80 wrote:I mad at myself for tuning in every week(even if its not for the whole show) and subjecting myself to this. I should just stop. I can't though. It's in my blood. *sigh*
I'm with you, it's like an addiction, no matter how bad it is, I still watch this crap.
For what it's worth, my recent switch to reading recaps/reddit has been fantastic. I feel freed.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Froggy wrote:I don't even watch RAW anymore. I just read the recaps so I know what's going on for the ppvs. I really don't think I'm missing much.
I fell asleep after work, didn't wake up until almost 10. I skimmed this thread and another thread for a recap, and even that felt like it was more work than what it was worth.
skullman80 wrote:I think once HHH gets full control it will get better yes. Not perfect, but better. When he has no interference from Vince(like at NXT) I believe he will give the fans what they want(mostly) Well he has to keep Stephanie from meddling as well.
I want to believe this, but do you think it's Vince that keeps trotting HHH and Steph out every week?
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

That raw was awful. So ziggler, ryback, and rowan are all fired? Just atrocious booking
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Old Time Hockey wrote:That raw was awful. So ziggler, ryback, and rowan are all fired? Just atrocious booking
Which was worse... the "you're fired" idea (seriously, who sat at the table and came up with that idea) or the hurt puppy look that Cena was mugging afterwards?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Honestly, out of context, it's not THAT bad. The problem is within the context of recent WWE, the "fired" storyline holds absolutely zero weight, especially coming from two people who just got fired four weeks ago.

Stipulations need to be withheld far longer than four weeks. Otherwise, the audience will react the way they did last night. "Meh."
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

One guy getting "fired" because he needs to go have surgery and will be out 6 months anyway... that is one thing. Firing a group like that just falls flat.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

What is the reason Cena gave for bringing the authority back? I haven't watched Raw for more than a couple minutes in months.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

The Chestplate was going to stomp Edge's neck and kill him. Literally, he aid that he was going to kill him. Actually less believable than the firings... but more dramatic.
Last edited by Jim on Tue Jan 06, 2015 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:What is the reason Cena gave for bringing the authority back? I haven't watched Raw for more than a couple minutes in months.
To save Edge. CenaSavesLOL
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Who is the Chestplate?
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Rollins
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Rollins
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Whenever I see him I think of D-lo.

Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I see I haven't missed anything. I am very close to being totally done with the WWE the longer the mediocrity continues.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

why wasn't Cena "fired"? doesn't make any sense

because they need their golden boy
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Jim wrote:Whenever I see him I think of D-lo.

Buddy wreslted him in high school

The pride of Burlington Twp., NJ
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

The thing that bothers me about not watching RAW is for guys like Rollins and Ambrose. I want to watch those guys, but by not watching them it can potentially hurt their future. If ratings drop during their pushes, then it validates in Vince's eyes that they can't draw. Therefore it's possible they get the Cesaro treatment, and we get more Cena LOL.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Spangler wrote:The thing that bothers me about not watching RAW is for guys like Rollins and Ambrose. I want to watch those guys, but by not watching them it can potentially hurt their future. If ratings drop during their pushes, then it validates in Vince's eyes that they can't draw. Therefore it's possible they get the Cesaro treatment, and we get more Cena LOL.
So, in that scenario...
Spoiler:
Cena Wins?
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

blackjack68 wrote:
Spangler wrote:The thing that bothers me about not watching RAW is for guys like Rollins and Ambrose. I want to watch those guys, but by not watching them it can potentially hurt their future. If ratings drop during their pushes, then it validates in Vince's eyes that they can't draw. Therefore it's possible they get the Cesaro treatment, and we get more Cena LOL.
So, in that scenario...
Spoiler:
Cena Wins?
Absolutely!
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I'm surprised Cena isn't in the HoF already