The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by FreeCandy44 »

When did Nick Swardson get his own show?
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

If it wasn't for DB, that would've been a horrifically bad RAW
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I dont know....the Edge puppet was kinda funny.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

The Bryan announcement has me excited for the Rumble. Unfortunately it'll come down to Reigns and Bryan with Reigns winning.

Also, I dug the closing segment. Rollins is great.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

nocera wrote:The Bryan announcement has me excited for the Rumble. Unfortunately it'll come down to Reigns and Bryan with Reigns winning.
I dunno. That would instantly turn the crowd against Reigns. This to me has all the makings of Bryan lasting a long time and Corporate Kane interference. So something super fresh
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

So HHH vs Sting is assured.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

DudeMan2766 wrote:
nocera wrote:The Bryan announcement has me excited for the Rumble. Unfortunately it'll come down to Reigns and Bryan with Reigns winning.
I dunno. That would instantly turn the crowd against Reigns. This to me has all the makings of Bryan lasting a long time and Corporate Kane interference. So something super fresh

WWE proved at last year's Rumble that they have no idea what the crowd wants. Reigns will win and WWE will be shocked when it's met with boos.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Yep. Reigns is quickly entering that Cena territory of kids and women love him. People that actually watch wrestling don't.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

DudeMan2766 wrote:I still have no idea why it was Cena's call? Was that ever explained. I mean Ziggler was the one that won the match.
I thought once the match was lost, the authority was buh-bye.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Yep. Reigns is quickly entering that Cena territory of kids and women love him. People that actually watch wrestling don't.
At the house show, they had a text to screen loop running on the Jumbo Tron, and most of the texts came from women.

This has nothing to do with Cena or Reigns, I just thought it was odd that there were that many women since pro wrestling is known more as a guy thing.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

SolidSnake wrote:So HHH vs Sting is assured.

"Sting-uh, I am the game-uh, and I will-uh, do what's best-uh for business-uh"
HHH cuts a 20 minute promo...Sting shown in the rafters for 10 seconds before commercial.
HHH cuts a 25 minute promo...Sting shown in the rafters for 5 seconds before commercial.
HHH cuts a 28 minute promo...Cole promotes A Man Called Sting sippy cup available at WWEShop.com for 30 seconds.
HHH cuts a 30 minute promo, Flair interrupts...points to Sting in rafters 3 seconds before commercial.
HHH cuts a 35 minute promo...Sting taps out. Gives back money and goes home.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

That's fine with me. It's the best option for Sting at Mania, and HHH can lose to Sting without hurting his character. I'm hoping Sting is responsible for the Authority going away again, this time for good. It was obvious they'd be back at some point (otherwise, they wouldn't have given Cena the power to bring them back) but the heel authority figure is so played out. And at this point, it reeks of a panic move due to low ratings.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

nocera wrote:
That's fine with me. It's the best option for Sting at Mania, and HHH can lose to Sting without hurting his character. I'm hoping Sting is responsible for the Authority going away again, this time for good. It was obvious they'd be back at some point (otherwise, they wouldn't have given Cena the power to bring them back) but the heel authority figure is so played out. And at this point, it reeks of a panic move due to low ratings.
I agree, maybe some kind of stipulation for either the Rumble or Wrestlemania. I'm guessing next week's raw will open with the Authority and HHH calling out Sting
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

CERV96 wrote:

"Sting-uh, I am the game-uh, and I will-uh, do what's best-uh for business-uh"
HHH cuts a 20 minute promo...Sting shown in the rafters for 10 seconds before commercial.
HHH cuts a 25 minute promo...Sting shown in the rafters for 5 seconds before commercial.
HHH cuts a 28 minute promo...Cole promotes A Man Called Sting sippy cup available at WWEShop.com for 30 seconds.
HHH cuts a 30 minute promo, Flair interrupts...points to Sting in rafters 3 seconds before commercial.
HHH cuts a 35 minute promo...Sting taps out. Gives back money and goes home.
lol if Sting was in the rafters I would mark out like I did when he appeared at Survivor Series. I'd be so pumped.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I think I'm the only one that isn't all that excited for a Sting match. I mean his last run in TNA was pretty bad. Guy is done. I mean I guess for the spectacle of it all sure, but the match quality is gonna be meh. I guess though at least if he works with HHH there is one good worker in the ring, where if he would fight Undertaker you would have two guys way past their expiration date.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

I wouldn't expect a guy in his 50's to work a match like Daniel Bryan would.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I'm looking forward to one Sting match at Mania. I don't believe he'll do more than that.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

They missed the Sting boat 3-4 years ago when those videos were for Jericho. Now he's way too old to work any convincing match with the only person who it made sense to have it with - the Undertaker.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

SolidSnake wrote:I wouldn't expect a guy in his 50's to work a match like Daniel Bryan would.
It's not even that. I mean just working a match as "sting" would.. he can't even do that anymore. 5 years or so ago this would still have been a decent idea/match.. now not so much. I hope I'm wrong though, and just the sight of seeing Sting at WM or working a match in a WWE ring will be cool, but it's more spectacle than substance at this point with him.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I think they should have saved Bryan's return until the Rumble. Have him enter as the last entrant and then win the match. That would bring the house down and be a very memorable moment.

They still could have had him ready to make an announcement but then someone like Rollins or HHH jumps him before he is able to and we are kept wondering.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I think they should have saved Bryan's return until the Rumble. Have him enter as the last entrant and then win the match. That would bring the house down and be a very memorable moment.

They still could have had him ready to make an announcement but then someone like Rollins or HHH jumps him before he is able to and we are kept wondering.
I agree that the surprise would've been a huge moment, but I think they are fully aware that the product has been horrible lately, and that announcement made many who were down on the product excited for the Rumble, myself included.

They needed to do something to sell the Rumble/Network. Lesnar/Cena III isn't going to do it.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I want a Lesnar/Bryan match.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

They could have teased Bryan returning to the Rumble even without the announcement though, but considering how bad the WWE has been at storylines they probably would've failed miserably while doing that.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

skullman80 wrote:I want a Lesnar/Bryan match.
This is the most logical match, in my opinion. Have Bryan win the Rumble and go on to the improbable victory over Lesnar at WM. The big question is does WWE want Bryan to headline two straight WM with title victories? They should if they listened to their audience.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Uhaa Nation to WWE looks to be a done deal. this dude is a special talent. built like a tank... flies like a luchador