The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by skullman80 »

This raw has been brutal from the parts I've watched. Just a bunch of matches we've seen before so even when they are good (Ziggler/Harper).. it's meh. Then you have the dust brothers jobbing to that little guy in a bull costume, Cena going over Rollins.. cause we all know Cena needs the rub and to be kept strong. Swagger jobs clean to Fandango. Reigns vs Big Show in a match no one wants to see.

I turned it off just now before Ambrose and Wyatt, cause again even though I know they can put on good match, they've wrestled enough over the past couple months. Just overall awful product right now.

NxT is the best thing WWE has going currently easily.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Ambrose jobbing twice now to Huskey Harris. What a joke
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

I dig Wyatt.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

They had a chance to have a big payoff with Wyatt, but they screwed that up when him and Cena had their little feud. So now Wyatt is just kind of there, and has no direction at all.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

my god what a horrible raw. i quit watching for months hoping the product would get better. i agree with Skullman, NTX is by far a better product than raw or smackdown. Vince please step down and let HHH run the company.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

If NXT had to fill 40 hours of content a month, and have to worry about advertising revenue and stuff, it would probably suck, too. Just too much WWE on t.v. for it to be fresh every week.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Ok, so this is pretty cool. Beyond Wrestling, and indie promotion out of Providence, is planning a Boycott RAW event on January 19th, and is streaming it live for free on their YouTube channel. A whole bunch of indie feds have signed on, so this looks to be a pretty big showcase event. If you're sick of watching RAW, maybe check this out that night instead.

Edit: correction... they are working with a bunch of indie feds to stream a Best of 2014 sample showcase. Not a live show... probably better
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

So they are going to stand up against a weekly program by showing the best of a whole years matches? :/
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

canaan wrote:So they are going to stand up against a weekly program by showing the best of a whole years matches? :/
It's mainly to spread awareness that there ARE alternatives out there.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Does anybody know what time it is?
Spoiler:
This would go straight up on the wall in my kitchen!
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Froggy wrote:If NXT had to fill 40 hours of content a month, and have to worry about advertising revenue and stuff, it would probably suck, too. Just too much WWE on t.v. for it to be fresh every week.
There is some truth to this, but it Raw/Smackdown don't have to be as bad as they are on a week to week basis. They can churn out better than the crap that they give. I know things will ramp up come January for the Rumble to Wrestelmania months, but jesus its tough to watch right now. I've found that at least if I don't watch live and just DVR and skim through it's much better at least for Raw. Smackdown I honestly don't even watch because nothing important ever happens there, and if it does it will just rehappen on raw the following week.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Froggy wrote:Ok, so this is pretty cool. Beyond Wrestling, and indie promotion out of Providence, is planning a Boycott RAW event on January 19th, and is streaming it live for free on their YouTube channel. A whole bunch of indie feds have signed on, so this looks to be a pretty big showcase event. If you're sick of watching RAW, maybe check this out that night instead.

Edit: correction... they are working with a bunch of indie feds to stream a Best of 2014 sample showcase. Not a live show... probably better
There lies the problem though. No one outside of the hardcore wrestling fans will seek out a you tube channel for alternatives. I mean honestly if you wouldn't have mentioned this I probably wouldn't even know about it happening and I consider myself to fairly knowledgeable of whats happening even outside of WWE. The majority of the wrestling audience is only going to watch what is made available to them via TV. They don't go on messageboards like us, they don't read dirtsheets like us etc. They are encompassed in the WWE "bubble". I mean it sounds nice in theory what they are doing, but no one will watch.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

In fairness to Beyond Wrestling, they DID just announce this last night.

And as far as people not knowing about it, that's why I posted it. I know it's gonna go under the radar for like 90% of wrestling fans.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Last night was my first experiment with not watching Raw and only reading the summary/this thread. I think it was successful.

I'll watch PPVs/NXT and read summaries until there is something worth watching on Raw.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

nocera wrote:Last night was my first experiment with not watching Raw and only reading the summary/this thread. I think it was successful.

I'll watch PPVs/NXT and read summaries until there is something worth watching on Raw.
This is kind of where I am at right now.

It's just odd to not want to watch Raw on Mondays, it's been something I've done for so long, it's like trying to break an addiction on Monday nights haha. DVR'ing it and skimming it the next day has worked for me recently so I may just keep doing that, then watch NXT and PPV's. Hopefully things will kind of stay fresh that way.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

skullman80 wrote:
nocera wrote:Last night was my first experiment with not watching Raw and only reading the summary/this thread. I think it was successful.

This is kind of where I am at right now.

It's just odd to not want to watch Raw on Mondays, it's been something I've done for so long, it's like trying to break an addiction on Monday nights haha. DVR'ing it and skimming it the next day has worked for me recently so I may just keep doing that, then watch NXT and PPV's. Hopefully things will kind of stay fresh that way.
I was doing the same thing (DVRing and skimming) but that STILL took at least an hour and a half. I'm still DVRing in case something amazing happens, but really, what are the chances? I'm hoping things will pick up for Mania season, but it'll probably just be Reigns looking strong and Cena looking weak to whoever he's going to beat at WM.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Thinking about signing up for this

http://www.ewrestlingnews.com/news/the- ... ils-inside" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

AIW had a show last night where this happened... maybe the coolest double team move i've ever seen

" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Heh never been to a house show before. This is interesting.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

They're also in Hershey tonight. From what I read, Hershey got the main eventers and upper mid carders.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

DudeMan2766 wrote:They're also in Hershey tonight. From what I read, Hershey got the main eventers and upper mid carders.
Yeah my nephew is super disappointed Cena isn't here
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

House shows can be way more fun than raws and smackdowns to attend. Alot less restrictions... No tv commercials to worry about etc.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Whats the card look like tonight?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Most if the shield is here. Rusev star and gold dust. No big time guys. Punishment for the Rumble debacle.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Pavel Bure wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:They're also in Hershey tonight. From what I read, Hershey got the main eventers and upper mid carders.
Yeah my nephew is super disappointed Cena isn't here
John Cena to Pavel's nephew