The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by DudeMan2766 »

JS© wrote:[youtube][/youtube]

I would spoiler it except that it has nothing to do with storylines.
I'm seeing that title and thinking "Why would you worry about spoiling it?" and why WWE would go to Europe last month and then now too. :face: Damn metric system
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Grumpy cat on RAW next week

Ugh
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

OMFG CHRISLEY'S GOT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE I HAVE TO STAY UP AFTER RAW AND SEE WHATS CAUSING IT
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

DudeMan2766 wrote:OMFG CHRISLEY'S GOT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE I HAVE TO STAY UP AFTER RAW AND SEE WHATS CAUSING IT
Why is he famous? I can't figure it out
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

DudeMan2766 wrote:OMFG CHRISLEY'S GOT HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE I HAVE TO STAY UP AFTER RAW AND SEE WHATS CAUSING IT
He probably found out that Grumpy Cat is gonna have a longer segment on RAW than he did.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

She'sTheFastest on Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:33 pm wrote:What r the chances The Undertaker loses the year Paul Bearer is inducted to the HOF?
was looking for something else in this thread and ran across this.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I almost feel bad for just how out of touch he is. Its like they think they can retrain fans to think back to the 70s and 80s when it was as simple as good guys vs. bad guys.

http://www.cagesideseats.com/wwe-smackd ... bored-fans
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Vince is way out of touch. HHH has the reigns in Nxt and it's pretty damn good. Once he gets full control in WWE I think we could see a better product. Not perfect, but I think he has a good idea of what people want to see.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

it's sad because he is probably just surrounded with Yes men who aren't giving him the proper criticism. He needs to retire.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Vinnie Mac wrote:"What's the matter with you people? You're sitting on your hands out here, you're not having a good time, you're not cheering, you're not booing, and why? They cheered louder in Sheffield, they cheered louder in Manchester, they cheer louder all over the UK except here in Liverpool. The guy in the front row over here looking at Jericho (makes face). Guy next to him (makes face). 'I'm from Liverpool. I'm from Liverpool too.' Come on, what's the matter with you? Have some fun here tonight, Liverpool. Liverpool; what kind of name is Liverpool? Liverpool sounds like an old man's skin disease, doesn't it? Liverpool, kind of like ebola, it just crawls up on ya. Come on and have some fun here tonight, damn it."
http://www.cagesideseats.com/videos/201 ... erpool-wwe" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

video has been pulled.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

LOL that is just too good. I can't think of a situation where a person/corporation was less self-aware.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Thats what happens when the product is crap.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

they have to be aware, but like MIMH pointed out Vince covers himself so deep in Yes-men that he won't hear it.

"Vince, they're booing your top face. Shouldn't we do something?"
"Give them more Cena."
"But shouldn't we..."
"I SAID GIVE THEM MOAR CENA OR YOU'RE FIREDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!"
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

The simple answer as to why the Network is under performing is the product is not very good right now. That should be what gets Vince and others to take notice and improve, as it's directly effecting the bottom dollar. Unfortunately, at least for the time being, I'm guessing Vince just thinks more promotion or more Cena will drive the subscriptions.

It wasn't just the WCW competition that made WWF go all out during the Attitude Era. It was the threat of going out of business. If the Network continues to hover around 750k subscribers, they will have to do something about it or they'll go out of business. Either raise Network prices (which would surely backfire and cause a ton of people to not renew), cancel the Network altogether and return to a PPV model (would be a shame and I'm not sure there's any going back now. They've alienated a lot of PPV distributors, plus Vince would have to admit he was wrong), OR they could actually improve the product. Give people a reason to want to see MORE wrestling. With 5 hours of WWE TV a week, plus 2 hours of TNA, that'll be a difficult task.

*edit* According to this: http://www.sescoops.com/details-wwe-tv- ... breakdown/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; the average WWE viewer is 41.4 years old. Viewership is 19 percent under the age of 17, 22 percent between 18 and 34, 22 percent between 35 and 49 and 37 percent over the age of 50. Yet, the product is very clearly geared toward children. They have the right demographic for the Network (people with disposable income) yet they can't reach 1 million subscribers. Maybe if they catered to their average viewer instead of that 19 percent under the age of 17, they'd have better results.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

The product is lousy but I like the network a lot. Not sure why others don't like it. I love watching old WCW ppvs that I missed.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I'd easily pay 20$ a month for the network and be happy with it. It's the one thing they have done right recently.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I've been with the network since day one and love it. Not sure I'd be okay with a 100% price increase though.

I want it to succeed in its current form. Nostalgia can only get you so far. The current product has to entice people to subscribe.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

nocera wrote:I've been with the network since day one and love it. Not sure I'd be okay with a 100% price increase though.

I want it to succeed in its current form. Nostalgia can only get you so far. The current product has to entice people to subscribe.
Especially with the oodles of nostalgic content on Youtube and elsewhere. $20/month, even with getting the PPVs, is a waste of money IMO. Just because it's a "pay per view" doesn't mean it's good wrestling.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

The problem with the network is that there's already 6 hours of tv a week, and between nxt and a monthly ppv, you're looking at close to 40 hours of NEW content a month. It doesn't matter how good the network is, that's just too much stuff to go back and watch the old stuff, which is a major selling point of the network. They're burning out their audience
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

skullman80 wrote:I'd easily pay 20$ a month for the network and be happy with it. It's the one thing they have done right recently.
I was gonna renew it for my buddy this month cause I thought it was $9.99 for 6 months. I'm not paying $9.99 a month for something I'd probably only use for pay-per-views. (yes I realize thats way cheaper than a PPV cost.)
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

My renew time should be close and I doubt I'm going to. I held out for a while then I found myself searching for a ppv stream on my new laptop and just said F it, I didn't want to risk putting any adware or whatever on my new system so I just signed up. I've only watched the PPVs, and NXT maybe once. The only positive is they didn't charge me $60 right away like I thought, only 9.99 a month (not that that really matters in the long run at all) but the way they overplay the 9.99 stuff and giving November away for free...as long as, you know, you weren't one of the suckers that already have been giving them your money from the start, just out of principal I don't want to give these jokes any more of my money. The PPVs are awful and the only ones worth a damn, my friends and I get together for them anyway. $10 a month to these aholes isn't worth escaping boredom for 3 hours one Sunday night a month.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I can totally see why some wouldn't renew.

In my case.. no matter what or how bad the product is.. I would get Wrestlemania, Royal Rumble, Summerslam. That right there is about 160$ in PPV cost normally. If you throw in Survivor Series(which is almost as much of a guarantee of me ordering on PPV) that puts it at like 210$ or so. I consider that spent money as far as wrestling is concerned as I would get those 3 PPV's regardless with the 4th more likley than not. So as long as I'm under 200$ for the network per year I consider that good enough for me. Plus it gives me the option to watch all the old stuff when I want on a big screen without having to hunt through youtube.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

One thing I don't understand is how they can charge so damn much for PPV. I would barely pay $45 to be there live, never mind to watch on tv. And I know the network is net cheaper but its still a rippoff. I can pay $10 for just the WWE network or $10 for NFL Network, NFL Redzone, MLB channel, NBA channel, NHL Network, FOX sports and a few others. I'd rather just watch crappy low def internet feeds.

I know I'm not in their target demo but damn...its just all too expensive.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:One thing I don't understand is how they can charge so damn much for PPV. I would barely pay $45 to be there live, never mind to watch on tv. And I know the network is net cheaper but its still a rippoff. I can pay $10 for just the WWE network or $10 for NFL Network, NFL Redzone, MLB channel, NBA channel, NHL Network, FOX sports and a few others. I'd rather just watch crappy low def internet feeds.

I know I'm not in their target demo but damn...its just all too expensive.
While PPV's weren't always as expensive as they are now, they are in line with what Boxing and UFC PPV's are... so they probably figure if they can charge that much why can't we?