The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Did HHH say Kyle Orton instead of Randy?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

(as jay uso stands there and grabs his wrist) "

Jay Uso is mocking the stunt double! LOOK! THIS IS HYSTERICAL!" -- Michael Cole
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

A 3 week build up and a match against Super Cena for Ambrose to get his match with Rollins.

Cena - loses said match but becomes #1 contender, gets Seth Rollins the very next night.
Orton - Asks for a match with Rollins on RAW and gets it.

#wwelogic
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

The Rusev/Shaemus match is after RAW?

**** you WWE.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote:The Rusev/Shaemus match is after RAW?

**** you WWE.
Why? It makes perfect sense and is good use of the Network.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Did I miss anything? Fell asleep around 9:30.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

So I guess Rusev beat Sheamus and won the belt on the match that was on the WWE network after Raw. They think so little of that belt that they have Rusev win it in a match that no one will see since no one makes it to the end of Raw anyways, and even less would actually put on the network after sitting through 3 hours of an pretty bad Raw. This company can be so dumb sometimes.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

skullman80 wrote:So I guess Rusev beat Sheamus and won the belt on the match that was on the WWE network after Raw. They think so little of that belt that they have Rusev win it in a match that no one will see since no one makes it to the end of Raw anyways, and even less would actually put on the network after sitting through 3 hours of an pretty bad Raw. This company can be so dumb sometimes.
Disagree. We've been saying this company needs to do something to make the network feel special. This is one way to do that. Putting it on right after Raw was an easy way to promote it throughout their flagship show. If it would've been on, say, a Wednesday, it would've been forgotten by that point. The network has to have must-see events/matches/shows beyond PPVs.

Now, why they had both competitors in throwaway matches instead of having them face to face in a promo, I have no idea.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

nocera wrote:
skullman80 wrote:So I guess Rusev beat Sheamus and won the belt on the match that was on the WWE network after Raw. They think so little of that belt that they have Rusev win it in a match that no one will see since no one makes it to the end of Raw anyways, and even less would actually put on the network after sitting through 3 hours of an pretty bad Raw. This company can be so dumb sometimes.
Disagree. We've been saying this company needs to do something to make the network feel special. This is one way to do that. Putting it on right after Raw was an easy way to promote it throughout their flagship show. If it would've been on, say, a Wednesday, it would've been forgotten by that point. The network has to have must-see events/matches/shows beyond PPVs.

Now, why they had both competitors in throwaway matches instead of having them face to face in a promo, I have no idea.
I can see what you are saying. I guess my main point is how many people actually stuck around to watch that match? I mean most don't even make it to the end of raw these days, or they DVR raw like me and watch most of it the next day. I mean I guess they have to try anything at this point. I want the network to succeed(I've been paying since day 1), but I don't know if the way they went about it last night was the right way.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

skullman80 wrote:
nocera wrote:

I can see what you are saying. I guess my main point is how many people actually stuck around to watch that match? I mean most don't even make it to the end of raw these days, or they DVR raw like me and watch most of it the next day. I mean I guess they have to try anything at this point. I want the network to succeed(I've been paying since day 1), but I don't know if the way they went about it last night was the right way.
It doesn't matter how many stuck around to watch the match. It matters that people who have an opportunity to get the Network for free in November see that it is used as an important aspect of the company. If they continue similar types of Network-only content that directly relates to and can be promoted on the flagship show, the Network can gain some major steam and lure in some new subscribers for a free month who just might convert to paying customers.

I loved the idea when it was first mentioned, even though I knew I wasn't going to watch it. I love it just the same now.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

So did anyone see Kane trip hard over Randy Ortan's leg while he was on the steel steps?

This might have just been HHH selling the moment, but to me, when Orton was down, it looked liked Steph forgot her line and he tried to remind her, only the camera was right in front of his face, so he couldn't actually say it. Instead he tried to say it without moving his lips, which failed of course. It just looked really weird, so I thought that might have been the case.

Botchamania material.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

That was good. Made me chuckle
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Colt Cabana's podcast has been pretty good lately. He had the Young Bucks on a couple weeks ago, and since you guys probably don't know who they are, they're pretty much hands down the best tag team in the world right now. Super entertaining dudes, too. This week, he had Nicole Matthews, who is one of my favorite female wrestlers right now, and new Shimmer champion. One of the best comedy heel wrestlers of any gender. I love when he has top indie workers on. I can't stand to listening to has-beens like Shane Douglass, though.

here's a cool match from the Young Bucks, in case anyone cared.

[youtube][/youtube]
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I couldn't stop laughing at that gif.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Pavel Bure wrote:That was good. Made me chuckle
lol, yeah that's the best one yet
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

[youtube][/youtube]
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

He actually looked a bit impressive when he was younger.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

yeah, he had a decent set of moves for a 7 footer.

I think he could still use a modified version of that cutter seen above.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

RAW from London today so it should be even more uneventful than usual. Only positive is after they boned the UK on the network release last week maybe they wont go out of their way to mention it every 15 seconds.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Forgot raw was taped. Spoilers show an even more boring show than normal. Now i know can just skip altogether and not waste a few hours.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

[youtube][/youtube]

I would spoiler it except that it has nothing to do with storylines.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

They're killing Cena. Loving it.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

"da big guy is back....."

and those are all the lines you get tonight.