The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by Spangler »

I liked when he piledrived the mannequin just because it was ridiculous...........
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Vince is a ****** weirdo. No wonder some of the stuff that hits the air gets green lighted.

http://www.yardbarker.com/wwe/articles/ ... l/10833488
Spoiler:
“I get a call from Gregory Dark, the director. He says, “We’ve got a little problem here.” This call is from Australia. I said, “What’s the problem?” He goes, “Vince has a suggestion about the movie.” I said, “Well, it’s his movie.” He goes, “Vince wants this scene in the movie where Kane’s character pulls out his penis, and he wants it to be three feet long.” I thought there was a connection problem, I said “Greg, can you just back up and repeat that last line for me?” He goes, “Yes, Vince wants Kane’s penis to be three feet long, and none of the producers are saying anything about it.” So I sat there, I go, “Oh, this is not good. This is not good. This is really not good.”
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

LOL?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

He wanted to turn See No Evil into a giant "D" joke....literally?

:face:
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon's dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

*Shuts off nocera's mic.*
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Today's rumor is the WWE is planning to turn Orton face because Ambrose isn't drawing enough as the top face at house shows.

C'mon! You have to give someone the chance to establish themselves as the number two face before you depush them. Ambrose hasn't even gotten to main event a PPV yet; instead, they're going to main event Orton-Cena ... again.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

TheHammer24 wrote:Today's rumor is the WWE is planning to turn Orton face because Ambrose isn't drawing enough as the top face at house shows.

C'mon! You have to give someone the chance to establish themselves as the number two face before you depush them. Ambrose hasn't even gotten to main event a PPV yet; instead, they're going to main event Orton-Cena ... again.
I hope the HIAC crowd gives Cena/Orton the Royal Rumble 2014 treatment.

There's huge money in Ambrose. They need to build his character beyond just being "unstable." He'd be a great anti-establishment babyface. Someone who will stand up to someone much bigger than him, get his ass handed to him, and then, bloodied and beaten, ask if that's all they've got.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Orton-Cena is for the #1 contender spot. That doesn't make sense. I guess if it's going to main even, then they have to have something at stake because there's no reason that the two should have any other unsettled business. This is just ridiculous.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

from what they said last RAW Orton/Cena and Ambrose/Rollins are going to be co-main events.

don't know how they deal with that but yeah.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

TheHammer24 wrote:Today's rumor is the WWE is planning to turn Orton face because Ambrose isn't drawing enough as the top face at house shows.

Multiple reports are stating that Randy Orton may have suffered some sort of an injury on Monday night's edition of WWE Raw.

According to fans in attendance, Orton appeared to suffer the injury following the spot in the night's main event in which Dean Ambrose dove onto the other competitors from the announce table. The fans noted that Orton apparently then went to the doctor at ringside and told him that the ruptured disc in his back was "f****d."

Orton did not work Tuesday night's SmackDown taping, which has further fueled speculation about the possible injury; however, we must stress that it has not been officially confirmed whether Orton was injured or not and, at this time, the report is being treated as only a rumor until further confirmation is received.
http://www.wrestlingnewssource.com/news ... n-WWE-Raw/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Great, so were definitely going to see Cena/Lesnar again...ugh
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

nocera wrote:I'd like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon's dead, but the fact is it's gonna get taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

The champion not being on every show only elevates the belt in my eyes. It's an attraction now. Seeing the belt, the champion, and eventually a title change feels like a huge event. The attitude era diluted the title a great deal. It's refreshing to see it return to a rare occurrence. When Hogan was champ in WWF, he very rarely was on house shows, very rarely shown "live" on syndicated TV. So when you saw him and the belt, it felt like you were seeing something special. When Lesnar is around, you know you're seeing something special.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Well to be fair when Hogan was around they weren't running 5 hours of live tv every week either. So I think it's hard to compare. I'm fine with Lesnar not being on tv every week, but they could at least do some taped promos, and he needs to show up at PPV's at least before the Rumble.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

honestly, if he's not going to wrestle I'd prefer to see Heyman like they're doing instead of Lesnar.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

nocera wrote:The champion not being on every show only elevates the belt in my eyes. It's an attraction now. Seeing the belt, the champion, and eventually a title change feels like a huge event. The attitude era diluted the title a great deal. It's refreshing to see it return to a rare occurrence. When Hogan was champ in WWF, he very rarely was on house shows, very rarely shown "live" on syndicated TV. So when you saw him and the belt, it felt like you were seeing something special. When Lesnar is around, you know you're seeing something special.
Lesnar's infrequent appearance make world title matches exciting. Ever since WCW went to monthly pay per views, and the WWF copied, matches' significance have been diluted, as the Champion defends his title in a shotgun story line monthly. Now, every Lesnar appearance is must-see TV. The Attitude Era avoided this problem by having numerous mid-card storylines, something all but gone from the modern Era. Also, the minor PPV, e.g., the In Your Houses, featured good wrestling, but non-Title matches, like Austin and Mankind vs Undertaker and the Rock. Now, those matches get played over and over again in the four Raws leading into the PPV instead of storylines advancing the matchup so that I care. Storlyine advancement, especially at he mid card level, now takes the form of RVD beat ADR twice in non-title matches. Therefore, RVD and ADR will face off for the title. ADR wins. Zzzz. Making the champion lose makes him look like crap. I can't stand that lazy writing.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Speaking of the TV overexposure problem, I was thinking it'd be great if the first hour of Raw (8-9pm) was turned into a combination NXT/Live Raw pre-show. You can host it live from the arena, talk about the major storylines and maybe have some interview segments. Mixed into that can be pre-taped NXT matches featuring their biggest stars. To me, this kills three birds with one stone. 1: Raw goes back to being a 2 hour "must-see" show. 2: NXT gets exposure so when it's time for a NXT wrestler to be brought up to Raw, the mainstream audience is already familiar with them. 3: WWE can plug the Network like crazy. "If you liked that NXT match, you won't believe what else went down on this week's NXT, only available on WWE Network." $9.99.

I doubt USA/advertisers would go for that, though.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Metsfan4ever (insider on reddit, worked for wwe) is saying the Elimination Chamber PPV is being rebranded to either Fast Track or Fast Lane. Hopefully this means gimmick PPVs are going away. Like the belt, the matches were too frequent and diluted. Keep Money in the Bank. Everything else can be special occasion only.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I think the big 4 should be Wrestlemania, Summerslam, Rumble, and MITB. Things like hell in a cell an the elimination chamber should only be super special occasion elevator type of gimmicks for great feuds. It shouldn't just be something that is busted out just because. That'll never happen.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

nocera wrote:Speaking of the TV overexposure problem, I was thinking it'd be great if the first hour of Raw (8-9pm) was turned into a combination NXT/Live Raw pre-show. You can host it live from the arena, talk about the major storylines and maybe have some interview segments. Mixed into that can be pre-taped NXT matches featuring their biggest stars. To me, this kills three birds with one stone. 1: Raw goes back to being a 2 hour "must-see" show. 2: NXT gets exposure so when it's time for a NXT wrestler to be brought up to Raw, the mainstream audience is already familiar with them. 3: WWE can plug the Network like crazy. "If you liked that NXT match, you won't believe what else went down on this week's NXT, only available on WWE Network." $9.99.

I doubt USA/advertisers would go for that, though.
This sounds very unlikely for many reasons. The WWE wouldn't want an empty ring for an hour, and neither would the average fan. The average fan likely doesn't care about the NXT talent, and paid money to see established stars. It doesn't matter if the guy is the next Byran, Ambrose, or Rollins, they aren't in the big leagues yet, so they don't care.

You could have live NXT matches, but what's the point of NXT when there's already a show on Monday. Exposing NXT talent on Monday, which would technically be RAW, takes away any of the accomplishment if anyone actually makes it because they have already been getting that TV time. Some WWE superstars would kill to get TV time on RAW, and you are already showcasing "rookies" on primetime TV. It doesn't make a lot of sense to give them regular TV time.

I'd love to see more of guys like Kenta, but the best we will get to see are a live match here and there.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Another big win for the Mountaineers today.

This goes out to my boy EPP :pop: :pop: :pop: :slug:

[youtube][/youtube]
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

2/3 falls Cesaro-Ziggler to open HIAC. Should be good.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Good match so far.