The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Your being very UnDude
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

What an odd choice for the final segment. Why wasn't that Cena/Lesnar

Also, PPV is truly dead. That's the only reasoning I can see for giving away Rollins/Reigns on free tv AND having the babyface win. Why do I need to pay to see it now?
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

So Jericho gets the jobber entrance tonight, and is in a pre-ppv match on Night of Champions. I don't think he will be back for much longer.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Only way I would be content with the Cena/Lesnar story is if Lesnar dominates Cena again like in SummerSlam and "hospitalizes" him. That way Cena can take a break, the fans will finally be relieved of their Cena fatigue and Heyman can talk up Lesnar as "the most dominant champion". This will allow Rollins or Reigns to step up as the #1 contender.

I doubt that's what's going to happen though. It would sacrifice one PPV (or two, including SummerSlam) to set up Lesnar so I think it'd be worth it. I'd love to see Reigns challenge him after.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Spangler wrote:So Jericho gets the jobber entrance tonight, and is in a pre-ppv match on Night of Champions. I don't think he will be back for much longer.
He is done after this week.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

MalkinIsMyHomeboy wrote: I doubt that's what's going to happen though. It would sacrifice one PPV (or two, including SummerSlam) to set up Lesnar so I think it'd be worth it. I'd love to see Reigns challenge him after.

With the Network model, they can afford to do things like keep Cena off. PPV Buys don't really matter anymore.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

nocera wrote:What an odd choice for the final segment. Why wasn't that Cena/Lesnar

Also, PPV is truly dead. That's the only reasoning I can see for giving away Rollins/Reigns on free tv AND having the babyface win. Why do I need to pay to see it now?
I didn't even catch the final segment. I'm assuming it was Rusev/Henry. I balance between two boards during RAW and MNF, and I didn't see anything written up for the last segment. Was it that bad?
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

JS© wrote:
nocera wrote:What an odd choice for the final segment. Why wasn't that Cena/Lesnar

I didn't even catch the final segment. I'm assuming it was Rusev/Henry. I balance between two boards during RAW and MNF, and I didn't see anything written up for the last segment. Was it that bad?
Just boring. Lana's great as what she does and she's nice to look at, but there's only so much you can do when the wrestler you represent is as boring as Rusev. It's getting into the same ol same ol territory every time they come out. And Henry just did his pump up the home country crowd against the foreign heel. Nothing we haven't seen 1,000 times before
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I've seen more than a few people on different boards say that they want to like Rusev. Dude moves quite well for being close to 300 lbs, has a decent set of moves, but he's a boring character even with Lana as his mouthpiece.

You're right, it's something that we've seen 1000 times before and there's no new spin being put on it.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I want to like Rusev too, for the reasons you listed. Just can't. Hell this is something we saw a freakin month ago except Mark Henry can talk better than Swagger.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

You guys think that they are just buying their time until Angle shows up????
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I don't think Angle is ever coming back to WWE. I thought Vince was pretty adamant about that, not because he hated the guy, but because Angle is going to end up killing himself one of these days since his body is so worn down.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

I honestly think they're just buying their time until Cena is freed up to feed him Rusev.

I just love the logic of this company most times. Mr Anti Bullying Hustle Loyalty Respect John Cena kidnapped a 50 year old manager and kept threating to beat him up. Then gets smacked down by Lesnar again and waits til his backs turned and walking away to attack him....and Cena's the one that gets to stand tall in the ring :face:

Also on the Cena promo front, last week he basically calls the Undertaker weak, last night called Paul Heyman a "has-been" (Uh John, I'm sure you haven't noticed but he's the only, and the Rock means ONLY, thing enjoyable about RAW at all anymore) and the best of all "PAUL....7 Days ago I gave you 24 hours!!!"
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

skullman80 wrote:I don't think Angle is ever coming back to WWE. I thought Vince was pretty adamant about that, not because he hated the guy, but because Angle is going to end up killing himself one of these days since his body is so worn down.
I lost track of how many time the dude's broken his neck.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I haven't watched since Summerslam. It doesn't seem like I have missed anything
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

wait so i read the results.. and they fed Rollins to Reigns.. let Reigns get the 100% clean victory and then want you to care about the rematch in 6 days? WTF.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Pavel Bure wrote:I haven't watched since Summerslam. It doesn't seem like I have missed anything
You could skip for 6 months and it would take you about 6 minutes to get caught back up. Even if you missed the really never before done Main Event domination that was Lesnar over Cena at SS, there is literally nothing different than there was a week before Summer Slam, other than Lesnar has the belt.

Anyway, what did actually happen at the end? I switched to football and forgot to turn back before it ended. Without having read or heard anything I just assumed Rusev attacked Henry? No idea why they were out there for the last segment to begin with. As much as we hate Cena always closing RAW, with Lesnar coming out you'd think that would have been in the Main Event slot. Or does Brock have that much pull in his contract? It was supposed to be last and he just tells Vince he wants to bounce by 10:30?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Naomi is lying on her stomach so Cameran sits on her back and starts shrieking "Count it Ref!! Count it!!" Its amazing just how dumb some of these Divas are. Just no talent at all
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Awesome article about the next generation of superstars...
http://www.wwe.com/shows/wwenxt/wwe-nxt ... w-26641720" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Great article. Sounds like these guys aren't being set up to fail. The WWE is aware of the kind of talent they have.

The part I found most interesting was when they were talking about how adapting to the WWE isn't a big deal, and is probably easier than you would think.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

ROH has an event in Wheeling Sept 27th. I was unaware until I heard AJ Styles on Madden today that it is a tv taping. So should be entertaining. I was also talking to a friend today who knows a girl that works in the arenas box office and she told him not much at all other than floor seats have sold. It sucks for the promotion, but thought I'd get the word out in case anyone was interested. Great seats can still be had, prob for cheap- under $20. (Not that our arena has any bad seats really, but sitting really close for a tv taping would be cool.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Roman Reigns underwent emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia. No idea what that is but it sounds painful.

Hopefully this leads to an Ambrose return tomorrow.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

nocera wrote:Roman Reigns underwent emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia. No idea what that is but it sounds painful.

Didn't see anything official but saw rumblings that an expected return for Reigns is near the Royal Rumble. Could be interesting as I've heard the same time frame for Bryan.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

nocera wrote:Roman Reigns underwent emergency surgery for an incarcerated hernia. No idea what that is but it sounds painful.

Incarcerated hernia = hernia that is obstructed and can't be "revolved" by movement or manipulation.
An incarcerated hernia is a type of hernia characterized by the fact that the herniated tissue becomes trapped in the hernial sack. Most commonly, this type of hernia presents as an abdominal hernia involving the bowels. Incarcerated hernias are considered surgical emergencies, and they require immediate medical treatment to avoid serious complications.

Hernias occur when organs bulge through the connective tissue which normally protects them and keeps them in place. The resulting bulge is known as a hernial sack, and it includes layers of connective tissue along with the herniated organ. People can often feel hernias from the outside in the case of abdominal hernias, because the hernia breaks through the abdominal wall.
http://www.wisegeek.org/what-is-an-inca ... hernia.htm" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Chikara's big weekend long event, the King of Trios tournament, ended today. It was won by a heel faction called The Devastation Corporation, whose members are named Flex Rumblecrunch, Max Smashmaster, and Blaster McMassive. Yep.