NHL 15

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: NHL 15

Post by DocEmrick »

All the games since NHL 11 have been the exact same.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

also, with every sports game release, EA boasts "new" and "groundbreaking" physics engines. Literally can't tell the difference apart from any of them.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Skating feels like you are moving a shopping cart on the new ones. NHL 11 was by far the best.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

These past two or three comments are what was heard the first few days after release with 13 and 14 or by people who played the games for like an hour. Less casual players mostly agree the new skating was great, for example.

Let go of LS for halv a second, as in not skating 100%, and you're turning on a dime. Noobs ;)

And yeah, the physics have evolved gradually, so you're off with that "litterally".

Anyway this is history. We're soon playing next gen.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

If you want a specific peeve, the "board play" crap where if you skate near someone within 10 feet of the boards you get suction cupped to the glass while the puck is hopelessly tied up until two more players jump in is really, really bad.

Who is going to be playing the new gen? When NHL16 comes out and it has all the basic stuff NHL14 had? That'll be fun. "This is history" is a way of saying "fool me annually." When the title is actually regressing you can't blame the haters.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Andre is the only person ive experienced that hasnt thought the game has been a letdown every year since the turn of the decade. Every person that plays it and every review of it every year except andre calls it a dressed up roster update.
Staggy
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Staggy »

Ehh I always enjoy the new games. Now I don't think the quality or realism is particularly high, and the artificial intelligence is maddeningly bad, but I still generally like playing. Although a good portion of my playing time is EASHL so it looks like this will be the first NHL game I don't buy since like '03.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Not having EASHL is unacceptable for me. I'll pass. FIFA it is.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

EASHL is still going to be on 360.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

shafnutz05 wrote:EASHL is boring if you don't have a group of friends that also play. Three or four years ago, there was a group of about a half dozen LGPers (including myself) played EASHL games pretty consistently. Let me tell you, it was damned fun, especially with drinking added in.

As far as exploiting, **** every little sniveling S-head from Quebec. Seriously, F them. With their "QC" tags and their constant goal glitching, F em all.
I was on that team (NHL11). I found it frustrating because I had just bought my PS3 + NHL11 after not having a console for 8 years. I wound up playing with some guys from reddit later on that "year", and we've played together since. Great bunch of guys.

I'm seeing more and more people expressing disappointment over the PS4/Xbone version of NHL 15 as they start to realize just how incomplete the game will be. No EASHL. No GM Connected. No OTP @ launch (hopefully patched in later, stock players only). Limited functionality in Be A GM. Limited functionality Be A Pro (couldn't even keep the "Live the Life" name). Online Versus is only 1v1, no "local guests" (in other words, non-HUT HUT)...
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

DocEmrick wrote:All the games since NHL 11 have been the exact same.
Incidentally, NHL 11 is the best selling edition the franchise has seen @ 1.28 million copies. NHL 14 sold about 800,000, and I wouldn't be surprised if NHL 15 only sells about 400,000.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

dodint wrote:If you want a specific peeve, the "board play" crap where if you skate near someone within 10 feet of the boards you get suction cupped to the glass while the puck is hopelessly tied up until two more players jump in is really, really bad.

Who is going to be playing the new gen? When NHL16 comes out and it has all the basic stuff NHL14 had? That'll be fun. "This is history" is a way of saying "fool me annually." When the title is actually regressing you can't blame the haters.
I can see the marketing now...

"NEW to NHL16! EA Sports Hockey League; Live The Life Mode; ..."
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Idoit40fans wrote:Andre is the only person ive experienced that hasnt thought the game has been a letdown every year since the turn of the decade. Every person that plays it and every review of it every year except andre calls it a dressed up roster update.
At least they seemed to be making an attempt before. The changeset from NHL 14 to NHL 15 can almost literally be summarized as "roster update".
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

tfrizz wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:Andre is the only person ive experienced that hasnt thought the game has been a letdown every year since the turn of the decade. Every person that plays it and every review of it every year except andre calls it a dressed up roster update.
At least they seemed to be making an attempt before. The changeset from NHL 14 to NHL 15 can almost literally be summarized as "roster update".
Tfrizz: You mean 13 to 14? Or 14 to 15 with the old version? The latter will probably be true.

Idoit: So that's why 13 or 14 (or was it both) won best sport title at E3? That's why both games got great or very good reviews and grades by both ign US and Swe? (looked that up spontaneosuly from the bigger sites).

I know tons of people who love the games. Casual and less casual gamers both. Your world and the peple you know don't represent absolute and global truths (very obviously in this case). You keep saying factually incorrect things.

That said, I don't like their marketing either, and wish more would've happened with 13 and 14. Just saying alot of not true things have been written here.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Man my friends and I love the NHL games. I didn't realize so many people out there thought this way. I'm on team Andre, totally pumped to get it for Xbox One
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

André wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
Tfrizz: You mean 13 to 14? Or 14 to 15 with the old version? The latter will probably be true.

Idoit: So that's why 13 or 14 (or was it both) won best sport title at E3? That's why both games got great or very good reviews and grades by both ign US and Swe? (looked that up spontaneosuly from the bigger sites).

I know tons of people who love the games. Casual and less casual gamers both. Your world and the peple you know don't represent absolute and global truths (very obviously in this case). You keep saying factually incorrect things.

That said, I don't like their marketing either, and wish more would've happened with 13 and 14. Just saying alot of not true things have been written here.
At what point did I say they were bad games? They don't change year to year, but they're repackaging one of the best hockey games ever released. There is just no reason to buy new ones. If I want to play nhl, I can instead spend a couple hours tweaking rosters and play 11. The sales numbers prove that casual gamers dont play the game. If anything, they do what I do and wait to buy it every few years. I think you should look back at your world with regards to the absolute truth, because fewer and fewer people buy the game every year. Look that up spontaneously. Finally, I don't really care. I don't know why i'm arguing, if that roster game weren't going on I wouldn't even be checking this forum.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Idoit40fans wrote: At what point did I say they were bad games? They don't change year to year, but they're repackaging one of the best hockey games ever released. There is just no reason to buy new ones. If I want to play nhl, I can instead spend a couple hours tweaking rosters and play 11. The sales numbers prove that casual gamers dont play the game. If anything, they do what I do and wait to buy it every few years. I think you should look back at your world with regards to the absolute truth, because fewer and fewer people buy the game every year. Look that up spontaneously. Finally, I don't really care. I don't know why i'm arguing, if that roster game weren't going on I wouldn't even be checking this forum.
This post saved me some key strokes, because it's spot on.

I play a lot of NHL14 (and NHL12 before) and recognize that of all the available hockey games for the PS3, this one is the best. The gameplay is quite passable. But to stand on a soap box and applaud the continual evolution of the game as something revolutionary or even noteworthy is kind of silly. Lets be honest and not pretend it is improving. Hell, hasn't the bench configuration at Consol been wrong ever since it was built in the game? By now, with all this great evolution, wouldn't something as simple as arena specific goal horns be done? The single greatest achievement in NHL14 is the fact they put in "Olympic" rosters that were pretty legit. I got to play as Petr Nedved one last time. :wink:

So much for saving keystrokes. heh.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

Read earlier that Be A Pro likely won't let you play a created pro in the PS4/Xbone verison of NHL 15. You either play it as an existing players, or not at all.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Are they going to release a demo for the xbone/4? I can't see playing much more than that since it has no real features to it.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

canaan wrote:Are they going to release a demo for the xbone/4? I can't see playing much more than that since it has no real features to it.
The demo is out on Tuesday on PS4/Xbone.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

dodint wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote: At what point did I say they were bad games? They don't change year to year, but they're repackaging one of the best hockey games ever released. There is just no reason to buy new ones. If I want to play nhl, I can instead spend a couple hours tweaking rosters and play 11. The sales numbers prove that casual gamers dont play the game. If anything, they do what I do and wait to buy it every few years. I think you should look back at your world with regards to the absolute truth, because fewer and fewer people buy the game every year. Look that up spontaneously. Finally, I don't really care. I don't know why i'm arguing, if that roster game weren't going on I wouldn't even be checking this forum.
This post saved me some key strokes, because it's spot on.

I play a lot of NHL14 (and NHL12 before) and recognize that of all the available hockey games for the PS3, this one is the best. The gameplay is quite passable. But to stand on a soap box and applaud the continual evolution of the game as something revolutionary or even noteworthy is kind of silly. Lets be honest and not pretend it is improving. Hell, hasn't the bench configuration at Consol been wrong ever since it was built in the game? By now, with all this great evolution, wouldn't something as simple as arena specific goal horns be done? The single greatest achievement in NHL14 is the fact they put in "Olympic" rosters that were pretty legit. I got to play as Petr Nedved one last time. :wink:

So much for saving keystrokes. heh.
Idoit: Alright. You said "letdown", not "bad". I don't know why I'm arguing anymore either. This got silly. Haha.

I also said "That said, I don't like their marketing either, and wish more would've happened with 13 and 14. Just saying alot of not true things have been written here."

We agree not very much has happened, I just say it's wrong to say nothing's happened and paint the picture no one has liked the games these past few years. Quite a few things have improved in the last two games. That's where we disagree. But this got nitpicky and silly on my part, yes.

Let's focus on the next game, now that we're seeing major changes on next gen. I'll get commission if you all buy it ;)
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I thought they have arena specific goal horns
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Most of them are, but a few could use updating (Chicago is wrong, Dallas was right a few years ago but they changed it, Buffalo is wrong).
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

canaan wrote:Not having EASHL is unacceptable for me. I'll pass. FIFA it is.
Same. I'll wait until it's used likely and pick it up on the cheap. Destiny and FIFA.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

Malkamaniac wrote:
canaan wrote:Not having EASHL is unacceptable for me. I'll pass. FIFA it is.
Same. I'll wait until it's used likely and pick it up on the cheap. Destiny and FIFA.
Wish I had your integrity and patience, but I'm a fan boy and have waited for next gen for too long =)

NHL 15 current gen will continue with EASHL and BaGMC though. Maybe the online community will still be large.

Funny question: Do you think some people will buy current gen to play EASHL only on that, but also buy new console and 15 next gen for single player? That'd be hardcore.