NHL 15

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

NHL 15

Post by André »

Alright, next gen is upon us.

Who else is psyched after the gameplay videos? Watching that and reading up on all the additions/new features I do think it looks awesome.

Bought a PS4 last week. Abandoning Xbox as PS4 has better hardware and the larger online community (at least for NHL).

Anyone else heard anything about the rumours of EASHL being dropped? I don't care that much, but I desperately want them to continue with Be a GM connected. No info whatsoever on the game modes so far does give weight to the speculation I guess.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: NHL 15

Post by dodint »

I'm in year two of my NHL14 Live The Life, and I typically only buy NHL games on even years. This has been reinforced lately by the odd-year cover athletes being Bergeron, Giroux, Phaneuf, Ovechkin. ;)

I plan to pick up a PS4 next fall when NHL16 comes out, hoping the second year on the new platform will iron out any glitches, if EA bothers to do any QA.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

dodint wrote:I'm in year two of my NHL14 Live The Life, and I typically only buy NHL games on even years. This has been reinforced lately by the odd-year cover athletes being Bergeron, Giroux, Phaneuf, Ovechkin. ;)

I plan to pick up a PS4 next fall when NHL16 comes out, hoping the second year on the new platform will iron out any glitches, if EA bothers to do any QA.
Oh come on. First year on next gen; not the year to sit out! :)

EA has been pretty decent at collecting fan feedback actually.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

Their last roster update was April. Doesn't scream fan support to me. EA is lazy, but they're the only game in town.

I'm really curious to see how the new platform goes and I'll watch this thread closely but I'm still not buying it yet. Hope you enjoy it, though. :)
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

dodint wrote:Their last roster update was April. Doesn't scream fan support to me. EA is lazy, but they're the only game in town.

I'm really curious to see how the new platform goes and I'll watch this thread closely but I'm still not buying it yet. Hope you enjoy it, though. :)
After the trade deadline, yes (last roster update). They've never made roster updates over the summer for last year's game, and frankly I don't think alot of their customers care. Right or wrong, it's a year by year series and there won't be updates/support for last year's title.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

That would be great if NHL15 came out at the trade dealine. There are still injuries, call ups, the draft. At minimum it should be supported through the end of the Cup. But the EA Sports experience is about the minimum for EA. At least when I had NHL96 for the PC there was a community that put out roster updates through the summer.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

I've never heard of someone complaining about a roster update after the trade deadline.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

You're nicely covering why i dont get these gmes any more. When i feel like playing ill jump into the be a pro from nhl 11 which is the most recent one i bought.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I'm *really* good at complaining. Very thorough.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I really dont mind the support actually, i just dont like that they hardly change the game each year. With the digital content getting bigger now, if you have the previous year's digital copy, they should allow you to get the current game at 50% off or something.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

I've always been aware of EA being about as innovative as Porsche design, but I started playing MLB: The Show which is a non-EA platform specific sports title and it's so much fun. Baseball is a tedious game but they made it really cool through the myraid of ways to play and the old stadiums, etc. It's the first baseball video game I've played since NES so I don't know if it's the same year over year but the execution is great. I just wish EA had a little competition to push them into being interesting. Very jealous of the 2K NBA series and the cool stuff they have.

As a for instance, I thought the Ultimate Team stuff was going to be fun, then they monitized it. Very EA.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

dodint wrote:I'm in year two of my NHL14 Live The Life, and I typically only buy NHL games on even years. This has been reinforced lately by the odd-year cover athletes being Bergeron, Giroux, Phaneuf, Ovechkin. ;)

What kind of person has an issue with Bergeron being on the cover? He's like the least hateable player in the NHL! :P

The apparent absence of EASHL and GM Connected game modes could pose a BIG problem for the first next gen iteration in the series.
Last edited by tfrizz on Tue Aug 19, 2014 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I would agree, but a lot of people hate the Bruins for some reason.
dodint
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by dodint »

It's just a happy coincidence a Bruin ended up on an odd year. I wouldn't have bought it anyway as I want to get farther in my Live The Life before I retire '14.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

What hilarious is about the last roster update for '14 is how stupid the default lines are. Somehow Dupuis is not only uninjured and back in the lineup but he's on the first PP. Also, Pyatt is starting on the fourth line.

I'm trying to figure out a way of how I can play NHL 15 on the Xbone and compare it to playing it on the 360 which I'm going to actually get it for. I really don't see a need for the next gen consoles yet.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

Confirmed no EASHL on the next gen. Not buying it.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Link?
Avyran
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Avyran »

No EASHL or Connected GM modes. Note: It's only for the new gens. Xbox 360 / PS3 will have the modes.
GSdrums87
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by GSdrums87 »

http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/2014/n ... 8485277340" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

In one of the videos my friend showed me, I could have swore I heard Ray Ferraro's voice...Doc and Edzo with Chicken Parm between the benches? That'd be sick, I love Ray Ferraro...
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Buy a next gen console so your games can have less features!
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

Oh the pain. The pain of it all.

dodint is looking right at the moment. This year they got the next gen game out, next year I guess they'll have it running with all the game modes again.

Idoit40fans: Alot will happen this year. Next gen. This is like the switch between PC 06 and xbox360/PS3 07. A whole new world.

Mikey287: Not in the loop? Check out the overhead gameplay videos and list of new features. It all looks brilliant.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

Very transparent and straight Q & A on the boards after the announcement.

EA wants to increase fan interaction.
EASHL will be back and with even new features from fan input. Not this year though for next gen.
Online team play (up to 6 vs 6 with NHL rosters) will be included though, and available as soon as possible. Within a few months hopefully.
No Be a GM Connected. Not this year and long term status is TBD. They've had alot fewer fans playing that mode than expected. A shame.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

mikey287 wrote:In one of the videos my friend showed me, I could have swore I heard Ray Ferraro's voice...Doc and Edzo with Chicken Parm between the benches? That'd be sick, I love Ray Ferraro...
That's exactly who the new commentary team is. Doc, Edzo, and Ferraro.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I suppose we'll never get a PC version again, either. Like Skyrim, there are so many things that the modding community can bring to a PC NHL game. NHL 09 still has a pretty decent modding community, just the online component isn't great.