The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by skullman80 »

Pretty cool interview with Bryan from IGN... he pretty candidly says he thinks the "cheating" angle they did this past weak on Raw was groan worthy and stupid. He also seems like he honestly has no clue when he is coming back, that he is supposed to get another surgery soon. Also he says he was dead tired at the end of Wrestlemania and only kept doing the "yes" thing over and over cause the camera guy said they needed more shots of it haha. Couple excerpts below.. full article at the link...

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/15/ ... -tv?page=2" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

IGN: I'll get out of the way the question that I know you'll have to deal with all day, which is, how're things going? When might we see you back?

Daniel Bryan: Right, yeah. I don't know how things are going. For example, I was supposed to have a second surgery scheduled for Tuesday, but they postponed it to do some more testing -- and this has been the frustrating part for me. The nervous system is very complex. So there's been debate about, "Okay, does he need a second surgery? Does he not need a second surgery?" And people have kind of been going back and forth on it. Then finally we decided, "Okay, he needs the surgery." We're going to go get the surgery -- no, wait, nope! We're going to go do some more tests. So I would obviously prefer to not get the surgery, but if I'm going to do it, I want to do it as soon as possible, because the sooner I do it, the sooner I get back. The surgery they're talking about doing is a three-month recovery. I've already been out three months, so that's another three months. So you'd like to get that done as soon as you can -- if it needs to be done. If it doesn't need to be done, let's not do it! What they want to do is they want to take the nerve from down a along my elbow and then move it over, and then put it under my forearm muscle there [pointing at arm]. So it's, like, rewiring me. [Laughs] I don't like that at all.

IGN: So, I have to ask… You got brought into the Brie and Stephanie story the other day on RAW in a very interesting way.

Daniel Bryan: Wait, by "interesting," do you mean "stupid"
? [Laughs]

IGN: Well, you know, it's wrestling... anything can be brought into it! [Laughs] So for you, was that like, "Okay... I guess that's going to be an element"?

Daniel Bryan: Yeah, to me, it's groan-worthy. I don't think it added anything to the story. It was just like, "Ugh!" But, you know, they do what they do, and you just gotta roll with the punches. It's funny, because I feel like sometimes you just have to overcome these things more so than anything else. Like, Brie and Stephanie have to overcome that flaw. To me, that was a flaw in the story. The story was so good, and then here's this flaw in it. But it's whatever. It doesn't hurt my feelings or anything, you know? It's entertainment. It's not real, so okay.

IGN: We mentioned it in passing, but I wanted to ask you a little more about this year’s WrestleMania. The last time I spoke to you was two days before it. So what was it like? Was it an out-of-body experience, to have the spotlight and hear the crowd going so crazy when you won?

Daniel Bryan: Yeah, and it's so funny, because for the most part I'm very in-the-moment. I'm able to enjoy things, and I was able to enjoy it, until -- okay, so there's all this confetti coming down, right? All this confetti, I'm so happy, like, "Aw, man! This is really, really awesome!" I'm breathing it in, I'm sucking it all in -- and then I see the camera guys running in there going, "Keeping yes-ing! Keep yes-ing!" I was like, "Uh, okay!" But I have those two titles, and those two titles are, like, 20 pounds each, right? I had the neck injury then, so I'm not very strong; I'm like, "Yeah, yes! Ah, yes!" By then, I'm getting tired. I had wrestled two matches, and I'd been out there for over an hour. I was like, "Okay, okay." They're like, "No! Keep yes-ing!" [Laughs] So then it becomes, I'm no longer enjoying it. I'm just trying to deal with these camera guys telling me these shots that they want. All I wanted to be able to do was what Shawn Michaels did when he won at WrestleMania '12 and just get down on your knees and just enjoy the moment -- and rest! [Laughs] I'd had a very taxing day! But yeah, it was really cool and surreal. It doesn't even feel a lot of times like my life. When that kind of stuff is happening, it's like, "Wow! What on Earth did I do to deserve this?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

[youtube][/youtube]

Triple H accepting the ALS challenge from....BEN ROETHLISBERGER OMG
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I love that Bryan calls the affair thing a "flaw". Everyone and their mother knew it was a terrible idea.

Also, HHH spitting the water is great.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Haha that was awesome, wonder if someone will challenge Obama?
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

yeah the HHH thing was good, even semi stayed in character with the water spit thing. I want to see Vince do it. I'm sure he will.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Haha Vince did his in a suit....

[youtube][/youtube]
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

So the only way I would be happy about Cena/Lesnar not ending with Lesnar with the belt would be.... Lesnar destroys Cena, pillar to post, tables, chairs etc. Take out referees, ring announcers... everyone. He basically leaves Cena in a pile of urine,blood,sweat like he said he would, but he does it in such a brutal fashion that he gets DQ'd. Cena lays in the center of the ring out cold.... Rollins comes out... cashes in, Cena gets to his feet only enough for Rollins to curb stomp him and boom Rollins is your new champ.

Brock doing the same, but not getting DQ'd and just winning the title would be fine with me too.

What will probably happen though is Cena will win and keep the title.. and blah blah blah.. everything is the same. *sigh*
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Im surprised WWE hasn't turned videos of their superstars doing the ice bucket challenge into ways to pimp the app or network. I would bet once more wrestlers do it every 15 seconds on RAW we'll hear Maggle: "Videos of Double ewe double ewe E superstars taking the ALS ice bucket challenge can be seen EXCLUSIVELY on the double ewe double ewe E App!!"
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Im surprised WWE hasn't turned videos of their superstars doing the ice bucket challenge into ways to pimp the app or network. I would bet once more wrestlers do it every 15 seconds on RAW we'll hear Maggle: "Videos of Double ewe double ewe E superstars taking the ALS ice bucket challenge can be seen EXCLUSIVELY on the double ewe double ewe E App!!"
"I will be donating 9.99 to the ALS foundation, which is coincidentally the same price as a subscription to the WWE Network."
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

Cant believe they had RVD going over Cesaro on the pre show
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Hogan is so sad these days
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

That German announce table is going down.

Having Network ($9.99) issues tonight. The stream has stopped twice already on my AppleTV. It's running now but on low quality.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I wonder how much time is wasted advertising the WWE Network each week.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

JS© wrote:I wonder how much time is wasted advertising the WWE Network each week.
I'm surprised it took them this long to shill it this much. I'm sure the low numbers have a lot to do with it. If it works and gets people to subscribe, meaning we'll never go back to the old PPV format, I'll put up with it.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

JBL is the worst
Old Time Hockey
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Old Time Hockey »

Lana is so freaking hot
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

nocera wrote:That German announce table is going down.

Having Network ($9.99) issues tonight. The stream has stopped twice already on my AppleTV. It's running now but on low quality.
I've had issues a well during the first 20 minutes or so. Hopefully all is good now. First live issues I've had. I'm watching on my laptop connected o my tv.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Old Time Hockey wrote:Lana is so freaking hot
I just got home and turned it on. First thing I hear is her say the words, "Happy ending," "hard," and "fist." That is not quite PG.

And yes my network feed has also staall'd 4 times in about 8 minutes.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Am I supposed to care about Rusev and this flag thing?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

That wasn't a flag match...
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Yeah I couldn't figure out if I was missing something or what. I assumed the flags were supposed to be on poles on the turnbuckles and the guy had to climb and grab it to win.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

I hope they give Ambrose and Rollins 20 minutes... lumberjack matches are meh, but these two should be able to still put on a good match.
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

Ambrose > all employed jobbers
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Ambrose rules.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

they're dragging him back to the ring, maggle!!