The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by She'sTheFastest »

Hmmmmm Brie Bella and Stephanie Mcmahon to open the show or John Cena and Cesaro? Who would you think would open the show?!
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

How could you possibly end RAW like that? No one cares about Brie Bella just because shes Daniel Bryans wife. No one.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

Once again the show revolves around the McMahons and not the people they employ.

Also we don't get Dean Ambrose(who has been over lately) but instead we get guys that I thought were endeavored last month.

The only reason why I continue to watch is because nothing else on tv interests me on Monday nights. Football and hockey can't come soon enough.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

CERV96 wrote:Once again the show revolves around the McMahons and not the people they employ.

Also we don't get Dean Ambrose(who has been over lately) but instead we get guys that I thought were endeavored last month.

The only reason why I continue to watch is because nothing else on tv interests me on Monday nights. Football and hockey can't come soon enough.
That's how I feel right now.

We got HHH and/or Steph not just in every hour of the show, but in two of the three prime spots (the 9pm opener and the final segment)
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

It's as if the WWE uses social media to book matches.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

How long are wrestlers typically in NXT? I'm anxious to see Kenta and Prince Devitt in WWE -- being that they're established world stars, will their tenure on the farm be shorter than youngsters just getting started, or is there a standard amount of time for everyone?
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:It's as if the WWE uses social media to book matches.
It would explain the burial of Sandow.

However, it wouldn't explain the burial of Ryder. #woowoowoo #wwenetwork #wweapp
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Sandow is more amazing in his current gimmick than anything he has ever done.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

He is, and he's been great with it. I'll even go as far as to say that there's nobody in the company right now that could pull it off they way he can.

That said, he's been buried in the sense that he hasn't won a match since...January? Zack Ryder probably has a better six month run than Sandow right now
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

http://orlando.craigslist.org/spo/4591854820.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Ricardo Rodriguez was fired. Meh.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

WWE reported a net loss of 14.5 mil and only 700k Network subscribers. So they only added 33K in 3 months since the last update. That explains all the talent cuts. Compared to last year when they reported a net income of 5.2 mil.

Now, the big question is does WWE stick it out with the network or do they panic and go back to the old model? I know this much, after paying 9.99 a month for each PPV, no way I'll ever go back to paying 60 for one show.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I turned off my auto-renew for the Network. I just don't watch it enough. I find myself only watching part of the pay per views as well.
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

I'll gladly renew the network. I rarely watch anything but the PPVs, but paying $10 for each PPV is a heck of a lot better than paying $60+...or, as I did previously, not watching at all. Plus, when the Monday Night Wars series begins, I'll be watching that, for sure.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Crankshaft wrote:I turned off my auto-renew for the Network. I just don't watch it enough. I find myself only watching part of the pay per views as well.
Same.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Network is still a great deal for me, even with just the PPV's. I love being also when I have the urge to just watch a random match and not to have to go search for it on youtube. I'd be willing to pay up to 20$/mth if they still carried all the PPV's. That would be my break even point pretty much.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

WWE underpriced their network and over-estimated the number of people that would be interested in it. I feel like it is geared towards their hardcore fans, who were the same people that would spend $60 on every PPV. Now the WWE is spending more to provide more content and receiving less than they would normally receive during the year.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

They did also announce a new $19.99 pricing plan. That would be a month to month commitment, not 6-months. The 9.99 price point will still be there but with the 6 month commitment. Not sure why anyone would waste 20 bucks on only one month though. Except maybe if they just wanted Mania or another specific ppv
Defence21
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Defence21 »

Defence21 wrote:How long are wrestlers typically in NXT? I'm anxious to see Kenta and Prince Devitt in WWE -- being that they're established world stars, will their tenure on the farm be shorter than youngsters just getting started, or is there a standard amount of time for everyone?
Bump?
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

Depends. Sami Zayn has been there for a year and a half. Bray Wyatt was in FCW/NXT for 4 years. I can't think of anyone who was in development for less than a year.

My point being, start watching NXT if you're anxious to see those guys.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Yeah, it's case by case. I think it's a matter of finding something that clicks and having space on the main roster. Look at Adam Rose. He had been in developmental for YEARS under a South African mercenary gimmick. They switched him to a party boy comedy character, and he was up in the main roster in a couple months. Then you have guys like Sami Callahan who have been under contract for a year, and I'm not even sure he's debuted on nxt yet.

I'd think the process would be shorter with KENTA and Devitt because of their pedigrees, but Sami Zayn also came in with a pretty solid resume, and he's been ready for the main roster for at least 6 months. For the top guys, I guess you really need to have a spot for them. You can plug guys like Rose or Dallas anywhere in the roster because they really don't matter in the grand scheme of things. I think that the Sin Cara debacle made them feel like they need to protect their high end investments a bit more instead of just throwing them out there before getting them properly acclimated
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

The Authority is set to kick off RAW tonight.
Spoiler:
MalkinIsMyHomeboy
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by MalkinIsMyHomeboy »

I'm missing the joke as to why HHH keeps plugging the WWE network
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

BAW GAWD!!!!!!
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

This is getting absolutely absurd and I really wish I didn't give them my money for the network. JBL and King need to SHUT THE F UP RIGHT NOW.