The Pro Wrestling Thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: The Pro Wrestling Thread

Post by She'sTheFastest »

Lucky SOB.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Oh please let CM Punk come back now.
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Again...love Aj.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Are they building a program between these two or are officials not happy with the reactions Paige has been getting?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

They haven't exactly booked Paige as a strong champ. I feel sort of bad for her to see them pull the plug already
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Froggy wrote:They haven't exactly booked Paige as a strong champ. I feel sort of bad for her to see them pull the plug already
Things done wrong

1. Not let her talk
2. Not let her show beyond 4 moves. That whole clothesline, hold on, clothesline move got old real fast
3. Force other divas because LOL TOTAL DIVAS. Just no real direction to the division
4. Fandango girls got more time than the champ. Just awful writing for the divas.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Remember the Trish, Mickie James feuds? Those were spectacular.
Cagsjr724
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Cagsjr724 »

I don't follow NXT but I believe Paige was the anti diva in NXT. Was she a heel down there?
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Cagsjr724 wrote:I don't follow NXT but I believe Paige was the anti diva in NXT. Was she a heel down there?
Nope. She was a face and mainly feuded with Summer Rae
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

I would love to see Seth Rollins win the title tonight.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Pavel Bure wrote:
Froggy wrote:They haven't exactly booked Paige as a strong champ. I feel sort of bad for her to see them pull the plug already
Things done wrong

1. Not let her talk
2. Not let her show beyond 4 moves. That whole clothesline, hold on, clothesline move got old real fast
3. Force other divas because LOL TOTAL DIVAS. Just no real direction to the division
4. Fandango girls got more time than the champ. Just awful writing for the divas.
It's a shame, because this might be the most talented Divas division they've ever had. Except for the ones they need to keep on tv to plug the reality show
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Froggy wrote:
Pavel Bure wrote:
Things done wrong

1. Not let her talk
It's a shame, because this might be the most talented Divas division they've ever had. Except for the ones they need to keep on tv to plug the reality show
Overall, I think you are right, but I think Lita was the toughest diva of all time. That girl got her *** kicked and kept coming back.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

Kane face turn?
FreeCandy44
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by FreeCandy44 »

Huh
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

or not
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Right now, they have Paige, AJ, Nattie, Naomi, Summer Rae, Emma (where has she been?), and I guess Layla who are all at least serviceable in the ring.

Down in nxt, there are 3 or 4 more women who are pretty solid in the ring.

That's 10 divas who can at least go five minutes without embarrassing themselves out there. That's plenty for a division. I'd be fine if they transitioned some of the dead weight into being valets or something, and let the actual workers work.

Edit: of course, the best case scenario would be if Sara Del Rey took an active role as a performer instead of a trainer, and just kicked people in the head for a year or so until somebody was legitimately good enough to beat her.she's a better worker than most of the guys on the roster
Last edited by Froggy on Mon Jun 30, 2014 11:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

There was some garbage tonight, but this show was a solid "B."
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

"This is Awesome" chants have no meaning anymore. If something a good, it's getting a chant.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

That was a hell of a show. I agree the double turn with AJ and Paige was a bit awkward and they rushed the title change, but a feud between those two is going to be awesome. It'd be great to see a Divas match get 10+ minutes on a PPV.

Y2J's return was great and sets up another feud to look forward to.

Swagger's turn was great also. I doubt it'll last long, but I'm actually interested in a Rusev feud.

Fun show.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

It looks like on July 12, WWE is having a show in Japan, where they will officially announce they signed KENTA. I hope they don't screw him up, because the dude is probably the best wrestler on the planet. Maybe they'll let him use the Go To Sleep, since firstly, he invented it, and secondly, not like anyone else is using it right now.

There is just a SICK influx of talent coming through in the next year or so. Between the guys already on or soon to debut on NXT (Neville, Zayn, Kalisto, Solomon Crowe/Sami Callahan), top flight indie guys (Kevin Steen & Willie Mack), and world class foreign stars (KENTA & Prince Devitt), it's going to be awesome in 2015 or 2016.

You already have guys like Bryan, Rollins, Cesaro, Ziggler, etc, and you add probably 7 or 8 of the best 10 wrestlers not currently in the WWE main roster... Just nuts. I just hope they will be able to utilize these guys.
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

Looks like I went to bed a bit too soon. Will have to go back and check the DVR.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

She'sTheFastest wrote:Remember the Trish, Mickie James feuds? Those were spectacular.
[youtube][/youtube]
She'sTheFastest
AHL'er
AHL'er

nocera wrote:That was a hell of a show. I agree the double turn with AJ and Paige was a bit awkward and they rushed the title change, but a feud between those two is going to be awesome. It'd be great to see a Divas match get 10+ minutes on a PPV.

Y2J's return was great and sets up another feud to look forward to.

Swagger's turn was great also. I doubt it'll last long, but I'm actually interested in a Rusev feud.

Fun show.
This lends itself to a great program if it's done right.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

Froggy wrote:It looks like on July 12, WWE is having a show in Japan, where they will officially announce they signed KENTA. I hope they don't screw him up, because the dude is probably the best wrestler on the planet. Maybe they'll let him use the Go To Sleep, since firstly, he invented it, and secondly, not like anyone else is using it right now.

There is just a SICK influx of talent coming through in the next year or so. Between the guys already on or soon to debut on NXT (Neville, Zayn, Kalisto, Solomon Crowe/Sami Callahan), top flight indie guys (Kevin Steen & Willie Mack), and world class foreign stars (KENTA & Prince Devitt), it's going to be awesome in 2015 or 2016.

You already have guys like Bryan, Rollins, Cesaro, Ziggler, etc, and you add probably 7 or 8 of the best 10 wrestlers not currently in the WWE main roster... Just nuts. I just hope they will be able to utilize these guys.
Unfortunately, when has the WWE taken Japanese wrestlers seriously? I just don't have a good feeling about it.
Froggy
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Froggy »

Spangler wrote:
Froggy wrote:It looks like on July 12, WWE is having a show in Japan, where they will officially announce they signed KENTA. I hope they don't screw him up, because the dude is probably the best wrestler on the planet. Maybe they'll let him use the Go To Sleep, since firstly, he invented it, and secondly, not like anyone else is using it right now.

Unfortunately, when has the WWE taken Japanese wrestlers seriously? I just don't have a good feeling about it.

he's gonna need a mouthpiece. I don't think his english is good enough to cut promos. Put him with Paul Heyman.