Non-Penguins Offseason Moves 2014

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Re: Non-Penguins Offseason Moves 2014

Post by shafnutz05 »

mikey287 wrote:He's way more than points. But he's not a $12 mil player for sure...he's better than the points suggest, but he's not the best player in the league or anything...not close.
Yeah, that's definitely my bad for oversimplifying....he certainly has those "intangibles" you want in a franchise-type player. But still....yeah
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, I didn't intend to mischaracterize your post. I just don't always love the fact that people try to bring down Toews because he's not a PPG or he's not this or that. I mean, he's what, 6 points, 8 points, 9 points over the last three seasons from being a point-per-game player...no one cares about 8 points over 3 seasons. That's not a thing...

Do I think he's a top-3 player in the league? No. Top-3 center? No. But he's so much more than those points. He covers every inch of ice. He's the rock for that franchise. $12 million player? Nah...we're probably looking at 8 and 80 maybe though...
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

So both Toews and Kane are believed to have asked for $12 mil a year? Wow.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I'd say wow at $10M...and they'll probably get $10.5M.
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

Evander Kane apparently Favorited a tweet from a Philly fan hoping he gets traded there. Scandal ensues:
http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nhl-puck- ... 50517.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I really do not like Kane on Philly. I DO like Kane on Pittsburgh - if the Neal rumors are true, please let it be for Kane.
llipgh2
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by llipgh2 »

As I said in the other thread, Kane's a jerk. Don't want him here.

Might as well keep the jerk (Neal) we know.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

We need more jerks on our team.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Kane would be a great fit. i would love it. He has the jam to actually contribute something in the playoffs instead of meatball brain Neal.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

canaan wrote:Kane would be a great fit. i would love it. He has the jam to actually contribute something in the playoffs instead of meatball brain Neal.
:thumb:
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

canaan wrote:Kane would be a great fit. i would love it. He has the jam to actually contribute something in the playoffs instead of meatball brain Neal.
:thumb: Like I said elsewhere, he would have the potential to be a modern day Rick Tocchet - especially with our new assistant coach teaching him the ropes.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

Rumored offer: Sharp, Roszival, D prospect Adam Clendening and Chicago #1 to Florida for their number 1 and Erik Gudbranson
Source: John Jaeckel
Sharp is 32 going to be 33 in Dec. I dont see why FLA would be interested in that.
Jim
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Jim »

Kesler to Ana... for Cogliano, Sbisa and the #24.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Ryan Kesler has been traded to Anaheim. Looks like...

Ana gets: Kesler and a 3rd
Chi gets: Nick Bonino, Luca Sbisa, 24th overall and a 3rd

Bonino is probably the league's most improved player this year. He's a center, he's very smart. He doesn't have much pop to his skating stride or an overwhelming amount of skill (good skill, not great skill) but he's extremely smart and works hard for his chances. Sbisa, on the flip side, is a dunce. He tries to hit things and move the puck and whatever else, yada yada, he stinks because he's dumb. He hasn't improved one bit since he came into the league as an 18 or 19 year old with Philadelphia.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Still digesting this one. I'm unsure at the moment.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Win for Anaheim. No disrespect to Boner, but the Ducks have needed a #2 center for how long? And they nailed a real good one in Kesler. Playoff experience. Two-way play, now they get that from both their top-two centers...and they got wingers, still, out the wazoo...and losing Sbisa (and opening up a spot for Vatanen) is addition by subtraction...
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

mikey287 wrote:Win for Anaheim. No disrespect to Boner, but the Ducks have needed a #2 center for how long? And they nailed a real good one in Kesler. Playoff experience. Two-way play, now they get that from both their top-two centers...and they got wingers, still, out the wazoo...and losing Sbisa (and opening up a spot for Vatanen) is addition by subtraction...
Once you factor in the cap hits I think this is a definite win for VAN. Bonino at 1.9M for the next (3) seasons is a steal.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Were the rumored Pens packages better than what Vancouver received from Anaheim.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
mikey287 wrote:Win for Anaheim. No disrespect to Boner, but the Ducks have needed a #2 center for how long? And they nailed a real good one in Kesler. Playoff experience. Two-way play, now they get that from both their top-two centers...and they got wingers, still, out the wazoo...and losing Sbisa (and opening up a spot for Vatanen) is addition by subtraction...
Once you factor in the cap hits I think this is a definite win for VAN. Bonino at 1.9M for the next (3) seasons is a steal.
Fair point on Boner cap hit. Very fair.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

mikey287 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Ana definitely gets a legit #2 center, but is that all they are missing from winning the West? I think if they sure up their D this deal looks a lot better.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

TheHammer24 wrote:Were the rumored Pens packages better than what Vancouver received from Anaheim.
Rumored or speculated?

I feel like Sutter, Depres and a 1st was thrown around a lot.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

mikey287 wrote: Fair point on Boner cap hit. Very fair.
[youtube][/youtube]
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

thehockeyguru wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:
Ana definitely gets a legit #2 center, but is that all they are missing from winning the West? I think if they sure up their D this deal looks a lot better.
I like that D. Fowler-Lovejoy, Beauch/Lindholm, Vatanen on the way. They really just need a good strong babysitter for Vatanen (provided Lovejoy doesn't spontaneously combust into a poor player, he did splendidly last year with my long-time mancrush Cam Fowler). I think the Ducks did get what they needed. Strength down the middle. Tested strength. I couldn't think of a better fit for them. That's always been the bug-a-boo for the Ducks in the postseason. If you can distract or otherwise wear out the Getzlaf line, there wasn't a lot of punch left below them...now there's punch. All of a sudden, now you have some very formidable players coming together there...maybe it's Maroon-Kesler-Silfverberg. Maybe it's Palmieri-Kesler-DSP...maybe it's Etem...whatever it is...it changes the dynamic...I think it's a good fit.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I agree. Souray and Allen arent adding much value to that team, for the combined $7.1M they are signed for. Imagine if that team had a legit #1 goaltender. Andersen could be that guy eventually.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Gibson is that guy, almost now. He's the best goalie prospect in the world.

Jason Garrison, a C prospect and a 7th to Tampa Bay for #50.

Really good add for TB. Man, that blueline is just massive...
DelPen
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by DelPen »

Vancouver moves Garrisson to TB for their 2nd rounder. That's a lot of cap space gone in a few hours. About $20 million free to sign 5 or 6 players and no big deals to come up any time soon.