Fantasy Hockey Forum

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Fantasy Hockey Forum

Post by meecrofilm »

Kraftster wrote:Big playoff decision tonight. Pick 2:

Lundqvist vs. PHO
Bishop vs. OTT
Quick @ PHI
Hopefully you didn't end up sitting Quick.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I had just decided on Legwand over Doan for my final roster spot for tonight. I feel like the Malkin injury impacts this though. Thoughts? FOs, PIMs, Hits, and PP goals are also taken into account along with the usual categories.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I sat Quick...

Legwand has been pretty good since the deal. I'd probably go with him.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kuznetsov or Nilsson tonight? Points league.
G/a/shp/PPP/+/-/hits/shots/pim/BS
25/25/15/10/8/2/2/1
W/SO/otl/sv/ga
50/75/20/2/-8
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Ryan Johansen has been the waiver wire steal of the year for me. Dude just continues to rack the points up.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kraftster wrote:Kuznetsov or Nilsson tonight? Points league.
G/a/shp/PPP/+/-/hits/shots/pim/BS
25/25/15/10/8/2/2/1
W/SO/otl/sv/ga
50/75/20/2/-8
I went with Nilsson. He got me 34 points. Kuznetsov got 35. Glad it ended up not mattering.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Anyone with any particularly strong feelings on the following choices I have to make for tonight:

Two of Riley Sheahan/Nicklas Jensen/Brock Nelson/Elias Lindholm/Tomas Jurco
Three of: Danny DeKeyser/Radko Gudas/Michael Stone/Dylan Olsen/Justin Faulk/Matt Donovan

I am leaning towards the first guys listed in each list.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I'd probably go Nelson over Jensen. I don't think it's an emphatic matter, however. Other than that, :thumb:

Schwartz or Coyle for tonight? Coyle is on the better streak, but I'm leaning Schwartz anyway for some reason, even though he somehow got no PP-time against Toronto the other night.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Ugh. Owning St. Louis players... I traded Schwartz in two leagues at the deadline this year.

I'd probably go Coyle too but that's sort of a gut call. I think most analysis favors Schwartz.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Hey now.. in a league that also counts penalties, face-offs, and hits, Backes has been a monster for me.

All I know is every time I take a player out I previously had in, that player always scores, so, yeah...
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Yeah, Backes and Steen (when not injured) have been an exception to the streakiness of Blues players for the most part.

I feel the same way about swapping guys, which is why I stuck with my guys listed above.

Sheahan and Jensen were the right calls, though Jurco was better than Jensen, I wouldn't have really considered him in his first game back and with 4 other Wings already in my line up.

Gudas was the right call, but Donovan and Faulk crushed the nights of DDK and Stone. Oh well, 3/5 ain't bad.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

:thumb:

Of course, Khudobin gets his first shutout of the year against me. Gonna come down to the wire, this one. Especially 'cause through a loophole, my opponent's goalies (him and Bobrovsky) have already met the "3" game requirement, even though they've collectively played maybe 6 periods at most, and now have unsustainably high composite stats.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Yeah i am in favor of doing saves and goals against as 2 categories instead of save percentage. Or even just sv% and shots faced or saves.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Does anyone know how playoff tie breakers work in yahoo public leagues?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Depends on if your league is points or category H2H.

If it's categories, the 1st tiebreaker is regular season head-to-head record, which is adding up the total category record from the matchups. If you won one week 9-3, and your opponent won the second matchup between you two 10-2, the total record would be 13-11 in favor of your opponent.

If that makes sense.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Ah ok. Yea it's a H2H. I work the first meeting 8-1 and they won the second meeting 7-2 and I was the #1 seed if that means anything. Thanks
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

From what I could tell, seeding doesn't matter, but you should be fine if it comes down to a tie.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

Yea it's crazy how close this match up is.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

https://help.yahoo.com/kb/fantasy-hocke ... sions=true" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Perhaps the most stressful fantasy hockey week of my life. Ended up 3/3 in finals appearances. The two money leagues are both two-week finals. That is good for me in one league and bad in another. The LGP league is 1 week, which favors my opponent.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Anyone with strong thoughts on Neuvirth's chances of being a 1a/1b (or 1) in Buffalo next year? Based upon the price paid by Buffalo, I assume they like him and plan to keep him around. Even a 1b goalie (on a poor team) will hold solid value in this particular league where I own him. Problem is, he's injured right now. We only have two IR spots, and I'm staring at a mounting injury list with Zetterberg, Duchene, Ryan, Luongo, and Neuvirth. I could really use the games played I'd pick up to make a move involving Neuvy. I think I'd add Mark Stone. I would be able to add 4 games this coming week and 3 or 4 the following week. If I had balls I'd just do it--I'm in the finals, I should go for it. But, like I said, Neuvirth could be a very strong asset if he lands or even looks like he will land a significant role in Buffalo.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Kraftster wrote:Anyone with strong thoughts on Neuvirth's chances of being a 1a/1b (or 1) in Buffalo next year? Based upon the price paid by Buffalo, I assume they like him and plan to keep him around. Even a 1b goalie (on a poor team) will hold solid value in this particular league where I own him. Problem is, he's injured right now. We only have two IR spots, and I'm staring at a mounting injury list with Zetterberg, Duchene, Ryan, Luongo, and Neuvirth. I could really use the games played I'd pick up to make a move involving Neuvy. I think I'd add Mark Stone. I would be able to add 4 games this coming week and 3 or 4 the following week. If I had balls I'd just do it--I'm in the finals, I should go for it. But, like I said, Neuvirth could be a very strong asset if he lands or even looks like he will land a significant role in Buffalo.
I don't think Neuvirth is very good. He might be a stop gap until the good goalies mature...I'm not sure if they really paid much for him, he's just a less expensive mercenary as compared to Jaro Halak...Neuvirth requested a trade out of Washington, he wasn't playing there because he wasn't good enough, he might see some time in Buffalo next year, but that looked like a salary swap more than anything. You look at the Ryan Miller deal and Halak came back because he had to...and then here, you got more salary with Klesla coming in (and leaving just that quickly on his own accord)...that's the Buffalo rebuild, and I like the idea of it. Hire mercenaries like Neuvirth, Matt D'Agostini, Rostislav Klesla, Cory Conacher to be the lead vest so your prospects aren't exposed to the x-rays...

I never liked Neuvirth, I don't think he's all that good and that hasn't changed...but stranger things have happened, it's not like he's substandard, he's just no better than a #2...and could just as easily be out of the league and starting in Europe somewhere...
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I still like Enroth. Im hoping he becomes the starter. I held onto him this whole season to the detriment of my team in hopes that he would win the job after Miller left so I could try to get something out of him next year.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Thanks for the thoughts, mikey. I guess I don't necessarily disagree. The real issue seems to be that a strange number of fairly average netminders are finding themselves in starting roles and with goaltender values in this league (higher than I've ever seen), a guy who is getting starts--regardless of where--will carry solid value.

I have never been a believer in Enroth as a starter because I have a thing against short goalies.