Fantasy Hockey Forum

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Fantasy Hockey Forum

Post by opie22002 »

Would you trade Jordan Staal and Jeff Skinner for Jonathan Toews and Nathan Horton?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Fantasy Hockey Forum

Post by Troy Loney »

Horton is pretty much just a throw in at this point. So basically Staal and Skinner for Toews. I'd probably do that, I think Staal and Skinner max out at 30/30. I don't think they're more than just above average forwards.
opie22002
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by opie22002 »

Would you rather have Niemi or Cam Ward in net?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Ward and it's not remotely close, IMO.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

mikey287 wrote:Ward and it's not remotely close, IMO.
:thumb:
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

I'm in a 14 team league where towards the end I just wasn't 'feeling it' with my team so I grabbed Tarasenko and Barschi with my last two picks. Could be interesting.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I have Howard, Price, Holtby and Brodeur all playing today, can only start 2. I'm thinking Howard and Brodeur. Anyone think differently?
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Holtby and Howard, IMO
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

really? Holtby? he was the last person I was going to start. Looking at the matchups, Brodeur has NYI and Price has Toronto.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I honestly didn't even look at match-ups. Yeah, probably Brodeur then.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

My fantasy team weeps for Schneider. Just one game, but still. If he relinquishes the starting job I'm screwed as far as goaltending goes. Varlamov and Lindback are my other options, I'm counting on him to be the rock.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Varly is gonna be sick this year...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

meecrofilm wrote:My fantasy team weeps for Schneider. Just one game, but still. If he relinquishes the starting job I'm screwed as far as goaltending goes. Varlamov and Lindback are my other options, I'm counting on him to be the rock.
We have to play 2 goalies. Schneider and Lehtonen are my options, because I focused on skaters.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

... and of course I sat Vanek in the LGP Yahoo auction league.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

mikey287 wrote:Varly is gonna be sick this year...
I'm hedging by bets on him too. But COL as a team is a question mark. No O'Reilly is a big loss.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Yeah, Colorado doesn't appear to be that good and no ROR is bad for them, but Varly, I think, will be effective in spite of them.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'm a little frustrated in my one Yahoo league. There's 20 teams and no one wants to even talk realistic trades at this point, except for the 3/4 teams that have nothing that could help me (ie. same strengths/weaknesses).

I've tried offering some of the more active teams what I believe are relatively fair deals, and get back counter offers of complete jokes. (ie. top tier dman, owned 98% of the time, in exchange for Paul Martin)
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I have Bouwmeester and Niskanen is a free agent.

With Niskanen being paired with Letang, is it worth the move? I'm really at odds with it.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Probably, JBo will probably come around, but it's a new system in Calgary and JBo only has one line to outlet the puck to (Niskanen has two lines to get it to, better chance)...if they aren't out there, anything can happen (usually something negative, as Bouwmeester has been on the ice for most of the Flames goals against this year). Niskanen is in a better situation, more likely to be a plus player, more likely to score, more in tune with the system earlier on. Worst case, you can always switch back or switch for something of similar value.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I hate having to pick goalies to play and choosing wrong. Had Brodeur on the bench last night.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

count2infinity wrote:I hate having to pick goalies to play and choosing wrong. Had Brodeur on the bench last night.
Theres about 10 websites that will tell you who is starting and be fairly accurate. They comb team reports, twitter accounts, media interviews etc etc.. As soon as they know they update so sometimes you find out early, sometimes only minutes before the game.

Side note,

I'm in 4 leagues and getting absolutely crushed in 3 of them this week. Sigh.

Look at these goalie stat lines for each team. Talk about pathetic

start6 win3 gaa3.35 saves175 percent.897

win0 loss4 gaa4.79 %.827

win2 gaa3.55 save154 %.870

start5 win0 gaa3.96 %.869
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

it's not a matter of knowing who is starting. I'm well aware of dailyfaceoff and leftwinglock, it's a matter of having 4 starting goalies all playing the same night and only being able to pick 2.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I've been dealt a very tough blow with the loss of Mike Smith. In such a shortened season, even a 2 week absence (in a H2H league) might be enough to keep me out of the playoffs. I have to act quickly to address my goaltending situation.

I have Smith, Luongo, Neuvirth, Biship (farm), Gibson (farm) as my goalies. This is a keep 17, so treat it as dynasty league for the names we'll be discussing.

My best partner might be the team who has Quick/Bernier, Varlamov, and Bobrovsky. Best partner because (1) he is not a competitor this year so would be willing to run with two goalies for a long-term gain, and (2) he has a hard on for Blake Wheeler.

I am almost certain that I could do Wheeler for Bobrovsky straight up, but I would like to do better than that since Columbus, albeit improved, is still in an extremely difficult division (which does not bode well in such a short season). Still, I do like Bobrovsky going forward.

I'm think I'd like to actually try to get both Bobrovsky and Varlamov. Being a points league, wins are pretty important as peripherals don't get you very far in goalie scoring, so these are by no means stellar options for this league, but both are young and skilled.

I think I'd like to do something centered around Wheeler/Luongo/Neuvy/Gibson for Bobrovsky/Varlamov/++

What are reactions to:

Wheeler/Luongo/Neuvy/Gibson/Giordano for Bobrovsky/Varlamov/Shattenkirk/Kulikov
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I don't believe Bobrovsky will be in the league three years from now, personally. I've been told I'm out to lunch on that, but I just don't see it with him. Which Gibson do you have, John or Christopher? I like Varlamov a lot, but he's on an iffy team. I don't like Neuvirth at all. Luongo is about the best player in that deal...

How bad is your defense? Do Shatty and Kulikov offer major upgrades or...? I struggle to comprehend deals with too many moving parts, but my gut tells me not to do that. Try to trade Ben Bishop for something that helps you...his stock seems to be dropping at the moment...he's going to get traded fairly soon, so I guess maybe until you see where he ends up...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Bobrovsky is the sole reason the Blue Jackets were able to take Nashville and Detroit to a shootout. He's basically their best player.

I don't know what your league keeps track on stat-wise, but he's 1-0-1 with a 2.31 GAA and .934 SV%. He's top-20 in both stats, better than Smith and Luongo. Smith is 39th in SV% and 37th in GAA.

If your league keeps saves as a stat, Bobrovsky is 8th in the league in that category, and can only go up from here (because of the sheer amount of shots the Blue Jackets give up).

As a fantasy option, depending on how your league scores goalies, he's a great addition.