Fantasy Hockey Forum

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Fantasy Hockey Forum

Post by Idoit40fans »

Theyre also by far the best of the three opponents. Its easy to see why someone would be torn.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I took Enroth out at the last minute and then tried to put him back in just after that...fortunately I wasn't able to.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Pick 2:

Bishop @ DAL
Lundqvist @ PHI
Bobrovsky v. FLA
Nabokov v. NJ
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I may have thrown away a win in the W category by not starting both Quick and Khudobin. I started Lehtonen instead of Khudobin. That was stupid since I could have assured myself of getting a win..

Update: Got away with it.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Looking for ideas on players to speculate on before the NHL trade deadline. I'm looking for guys who will receive a big uptick in value base upon a trade. Since this is a fairly deep league, I think there are players in two categories. Obviously there're the players being traded to contending teams from non-playoff teams. One would expect that those players will be more valuable after the deadline, but that is not always the case. The very obvious ones are probably no good for me because the owner is probably anticipating the increased value. The other category would be young players (<200 GP) who will receive a bump in icetime because their team sells a number of players.

Guys who I think fit the second category might be Islanders forwards (Brock Nelson, Ryan Strome) based upon Vanek being dealt and JT being out. Or Calvin de Haan, Matt Donovan based upon at least Andrew MacDonald being dealt. Lance Bouma in Calgary is another one. I own Nelson, Donovan, and Bouma. I probably can't get my hands on Strome because of his pedigree/perceived keeper value. The Nelson/Bouma types are really what I'm trying to identify.

In the first category, I'd love to try to peg the goalie that the Wild add. I figure its going to be Halak, Brodeur, Bryz, or Neuvirth. If it has a good chance of being Halak, that might be an outstanding add because his value is likely perceived to be fairly low with the move to Buffalo.

Any other thoughts?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kraftster wrote:Looking for ideas on players to speculate on before the NHL trade deadline. I'm looking for guys who will receive a big uptick in value base upon a trade. Since this is a fairly deep league, I think there are players in two categories. Obviously there're the players being traded to contending teams from non-playoff teams. One would expect that those players will be more valuable after the deadline, but that is not always the case. The very obvious ones are probably no good for me because the owner is probably anticipating the increased value. The other category would be young players (<200 GP) who will receive a bump in icetime because their team sells a number of players.

Guys who I think fit the second category might be Islanders forwards (Brock Nelson, Ryan Strome) based upon Vanek being dealt and JT being out. Or Calvin de Haan, Matt Donovan based upon at least Andrew MacDonald being dealt. Lance Bouma in Calgary is another one. I own Nelson, Donovan, and Bouma. I probably can't get my hands on Strome because of his pedigree/perceived keeper value. The Nelson/Bouma types are really what I'm trying to identify.

In the first category, I'd love to try to peg the goalie that the Wild add. I figure its going to be Halak, Brodeur, Bryz, or Neuvirth. If it has a good chance of being Halak, that might be an outstanding add because his value is likely perceived to be fairly low with the move to Buffalo.

Any other thoughts?
You might want to look into Mike Hoffman. Lighting up AHL this year, getting strong PPTOI with Ottawa lately as they look to find more goals.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Kraftster wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Looking for ideas on players to speculate on before the NHL trade deadline. I'm looking for guys who will receive a big uptick in value base upon a trade. Since this is a fairly deep league, I think there are players in two categories. Obviously there're the players being traded to contending teams from non-playoff teams. One would expect that those players will be more valuable after the deadline, but that is not always the case. The very obvious ones are probably no good for me because the owner is probably anticipating the increased value. The other category would be young players (<200 GP) who will receive a bump in icetime because their team sells a number of players.

Any other thoughts?
You might want to look into Mike Hoffman. Lighting up AHL this year, getting strong PPTOI with Ottawa lately as they look to find more goals.
Good call, thanks. I just dropped Lovejoy for him, actually.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

So on that note of productive <200 GP guys, Calgary is now a gold mine. I own Bouma right now and all of the following are available and farm eligible. Not sure who to choose for the one spot I have to fill:

Paul Byron
Markus Granlund
Ben Hanowski
Corbin Knight
Max Reinhart

Hmm... anyone with strong feelings about one of these guys?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

And this Anders Lee is making a case for himself as well.
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Lance Bouma is not an NHL player. And if he is, it's a fourth liner. Byron is small and feisty, not sure it will full translate. Long shot to be Nathan Gerbe good. Granlund and Reinhart look to be the pick of that litter. Anders Lee is definitely a guy to keep an eye on...very athletic. Every guy listed is better than Bouma, so you can't go wrong.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Good to know, though Bouma's value stems from his hits and blocked shots. Any actual points from him are a bonus. From a fantasy point standpoint, in this format, his fp/g production is at about 2/3 of a point (nhl point) per game.

The spot I'm definitely filling is going to be Mike Hoffman, who I grabbed on a suspicion that he could go to Buffalo in a Stewart trade and see some time. This was based upon the crazy amount of PPTOI he's been getting lately (5 min+ in a couple games)--I thought Ottawa was showcasing him. I might go Granlund/Reinhart for Hoffman and Lee for Bouma. All those guys are center only eligibility, though, which sort of sucks.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Hmm, looks like I'm holding both Hoffman (so long as MacArthur is out) and Bouma for now!
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Hoffman gets entrusted with some minutes in Ottawa. He plays the point of their power play already...
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Taking the gamble on Letang -- dropped Fowler for him. I have a bye this week anyway, so as long as KL is back by next week I think it should net +results.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I forgot there was hockey last night since I have a bye in all three of my leagues. :pop:
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Last second, sat Mikko Koivu for Michael Cammalleri and Jason Spezza for Jaden Schwartz...rare opportunity where I second guess myself and succeed in fantasy...usually anyone I take out after hitting "save changes" is guaranteed a hat trick and/or a shutout...
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

In some playoff match, somewhere...someone just got boned by the other guy having Pekka Rinne shutout the Blackhawks in Chicago...no way anyone accounted for that...first shutout of the year for Rinne, second time the Hawks have been blanked this year...
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

Or some guy just got boned leaving Pekka Rinne on his bench because it was the Blackhawks.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I lost to chad johnson's two starts this week. Unreal.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Big playoff decision tonight. Pick 2:

Lundqvist vs. PHO
Bishop vs. OTT
Quick @ PHI
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Lundqvist and Bishop
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Idoit40fans wrote:I lost to chad johnson's two starts this week. Unreal.
That's garbage...
Pitts
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pitts »

mikey287 wrote:
That's garbage...
Is this MY Chad Johnson you speak of? :)
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Pitts wrote:
mikey287 wrote:
That's garbage...
Is this MY Chad Johnson you speak of? :)
I should go find the post i made like a month ago that id lose in the first round. Yes yours. pop