Iginla to Boston

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: Iginla to Boston

Post by Beveridge »

Crankshaft wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:No, the question that needs to be answered is can Iginla still skate well enough to keep up with Crosby? Unless he is somehow faster on the RW than the LW, the answer is no.
He's not Iginla of 5-7 years ago but I but I disagree that he was so terrible that he wouldn't have been able to keep on on Crosby's line. I would be you will see 25+ goals out of Iginla this year in Boston, with him returning to the correct position.

I bet he pots 15-20 even strength. He'll do his damage with Boston on the PP.
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

Crankshaft wrote:
Idoit40fans wrote:No, the question that needs to be answered is can Iginla still skate well enough to keep up with Crosby? Unless he is somehow faster on the RW than the LW, the answer is no.
He's not Iginla of 5-7 years ago but I but I disagree that he was so terrible that he wouldn't have been able to keep on on Crosby's line. I would be you will see 25+ goals out of Iginla this year in Boston, with him returning to the correct position.
Next to someone who doesn't rely on precise positioning at high speed? Its certainly possible. I would bet you see Malkin and Neal perform drastically better than they did with him anchoring him down on their line as well. Looks like a win for the Pens to me.
pcm
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pcm »

Crankshaft wrote:The question to be answered is the slight if at all drop off of Kunitz' production worth the improved production of having Iginla at Crosby's RW.
Kunitz-Malkin-Neal scored .48 goals/game in 2011.
Kunitz-Sid-Dupuis scored .41 goals/game.
The hypothesis that 14-87-9 was better than 14-71-18 fails by a wide margin. Must be the glam of seeing Sid back in action...

Malkin and Neal's production dropped from .58 g/gm with Kunitz to .41 without.

Kunitz's production went up playing with Sid, but Malkin and Neal's dropped significantly. Sid's production has been pretty consistent every year he's been in the league. In other words, no matter who his linemates are, he produces at around 1.4 pts/gm. Malkin on the hands has had some pretty big swings in production. That's why you play 14 with Malkin and Neal. Not to get Kunitz a big payday... but to get the most out of 71 and 14.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by littlemoonboot »

Can't say I care all that much. He gets money, to play RW, and still a shot at the cup, probably better than he would with the Pens right now. I still think he's a great guy. But he was a luxury, not part of the "core" that the Pens could afford long term.

Sorry Iggy to BOS, you will never be Hossa to DET!
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

littlemoonboot wrote:Can't say I care all that much. He gets money, to play RW, and still a shot at the cup, probably better than he would with the Pens right now. I still think he's a great guy. But he was a luxury, not part of the "core" that the Pens could afford long term.

Sorry Iggy to BOS, you will never be Hossa to DET!
Agree with 100%.