Iginla to Boston

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
DMcGrew
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Iginla to Boston

Post by DMcGrew »

:pop:
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Iginla to Boston

Post by JS© »

[youtube][/youtube]

IGGY!!
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by dman66 »

Wow. I mean, I know he was gone, but man, really?
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

dman66 wrote:Wow. I mean, I know he was gone, but man, really?
Remember in 2008, when Marian Hossa did this. It didn't work out too well for him.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by dman66 »

Kovy27 wrote:
Remember in 2008, when Marian Hossa did this. It didn't work out too well for him.
Oh, most definitely. It's not even the Boston threat, but after all that happened, why the Bruins? That incentive laden deal probably has something to do with it. Man, that division is going to be crazy this year. Iggy in Boston. Alfie in Detroit. Ryan in Ottawa.
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

dman66 wrote:
Kovy27 wrote:
Oh, most definitely. It's not even the Boston threat, but after all that happened, why the Bruins? That incentive laden deal probably has something to do with it. Man, that division is going to be crazy this year. Iggy in Boston. Alfie in Detroit. Ryan in Ottawa.
Both Eastern divisions are going to be great hockey.
nocera
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by nocera »

And all those fans who booed him because he didn't agree on the trade are now his biggest fans. Sports are fun.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

I call dibs on posting an Iginla article every day.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

somebody explain the 3.5m bonus clause for games played. It's not like he has ever been injury prone or has missed even 1/4 of a season.

Is this Boston's attempt at getting around the cap and deferring money to next season?
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

JS© wrote:somebody explain the 3.5m bonus clause for games played. It's not like he has ever been injury prone or has missed even 1/4 of a season.

Is this Boston's attempt at getting around the cap and deferring money to next season?
Yes, but totally allowed on one year deals for 35+ players. All combined bonuses can't exceed 7.5% of the cap so teams can't run wild with it either. (I think, I'm citing off of memory. Don't have CBA opened in front of me.)
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

I already like this thread better than the Jagr one
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

Iginla... You're now in very select (and very poor) company.

Amazing how he went from a player I respected and admired, to being ecstatic that he was a Pen, to apologizing for his underperformance, to now being completely indifferent.

Like having a crush on the cutest girl in school, realizing she wasn't all that great, and now seing her date some schmuck.
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

Team that is going to surprise people: Columbus.

Worst team in the East: Philly, Carolina, Washington, Buffalo
ExPatriatePen
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner
Location: Source, Destination, Protocol, Port, size, sequence number, check sum... Yep, that about covers it.

Post by ExPatriatePen »

I'm most worried about the Islanders next year.

Maybe it's just because I'm surrounded by islander fans.
Crankshaft
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Crankshaft »

Shocker: Bruins sign Jarome Iginla
By:
Stephen Harris
Throughout Day 1 of NHL free agency today, there was speculation the Bruins were interested in signing unrestricted free agent winger Jarome Iginla.
Tonight, the B's did it, signing the 36-year-old, whom they attempted to aquire just before the NHL trading deadline this season.
Iginla’s base salary is worth $1.8 million and carries incentives of $4.2 million, for an annual cap figure of $6 million. It's a one-year deal.
Iginla, of course, rejected Boston and opted to go instead to Pittsburgh late this past season. He did little during the B's sweep of the Pens, with no points. But the Bruins must believe he can return to his form of 2011-12, when he posted 32-35--67 totals.
Iginla is a future Hall of Famer, who in 1,232 career games has 530-576--1,106 totals.
See more at: http://bostonherald.com/sports/bruins_n ... lVx73.dpuf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Kovy27
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Kovy27 »

^LOL
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Odd.
pens#1
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pens#1 »

i could care less about this signing
brwi
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by brwi »

Kovy27 wrote:Team that is going to surprise people: Columbus.

Worst team in the East: Philly, Carolina, Washington, Buffalo
I think Carolina will be one of the top teams in the East, barring major injuries. The rest of your list...yeah, they could be kind of sucky, though Filthy should be pretty decent.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

JS© wrote:somebody explain the 3.5m bonus clause for games played. It's not like he has ever been injury prone or has missed even 1/4 of a season.

What I was thinking... they could bench him and save $3.5mil? Seems like circumvention to me....
Beveridge
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Beveridge »

Pitt87 wrote:

What I was thinking... they could bench him and save $3.5mil? Seems like circumvention to me....

His games played bench mark is 10 games. He's going to get that 3.7. The question is will it be on this year or next year's cap. Smart move by Boston. I honestly wouldn't mind Pens doing something like this with Morrow.
JS©
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by JS© »

I know it's legal, but it seems kinda sketchy and almost a form of circumvention. I mean 10 games for a player that is never injured doesn't seem right, especially for a player who is known for his durability.

It's not sour grapes for the Pens not signing him. I didn't think it was ever on their radar considering their situation. I'm more curious as to how this deal works.
PhantomJB93
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by PhantomJB93 »

ExPatriatePen wrote:Like having a crush on the cutest girl in school, realizing she wasn't all that great, and now seing her date some schmuck.
It took me until your post to realize this is EXACTLY how I feel over this whole thing.

I have the absolute worst feeling Boston will use him correctly, he'll put up 30+ goals again, and we'll look like complete fools. I hope I'm wrong.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

I don't understand the circumvention remarks...isnt his cap hit 6mil no matter what?
KG
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by KG »

I was listening to hockey night in canada radio today and Glen Healy was on talking about Iginla and his reputation. He said you will never find a coach who enjoyed having him on his team and that many of his teammates don't like him. He is apparently a locker room lawyer etc...

First I'm hearing about Iginla's bad reputation...just passing it along...