Car thread

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Re: Car thread

Post by Godric »

Juice you own a smart car?
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

mac5155 wrote:drop..psh
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

The only two cars I'm interested in right now are the Cadillac CTS Coupe and the upcoming Chevrolet SS. I wish wish wish that were a two door car. I also wish Ford would make a few more nice looking coupes. I just hate sedans.

The SS is going to be an import from Australia, where it is sold as a Holden Commodore. GM sold it here for a few years as the Pontiac G8. Right now I have a 2004 Pontiac GTO with 70,000 miles. Its another Australian Holden import.
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

i was going to level the front but i like the height of the front
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Rylan wrote:
Juice wrote:New shoes on the Juicemobile. Going to drop the rear 2" and I'll be done with it for now...
Spoiler:
Compensating?
nope, all good there
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

Godric wrote:Juice you own a smart car?
no lol i'm not sure what that's about
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Juice wrote:
Its ok, you probably would have a tough time getting in and out of it if it sat any higher :pop:
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I'm trying to talk myself out of buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Feel free to chime in and tell me how much they suck so I feel better. :)
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Hockeynut! wrote:I'm trying to talk myself out of buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Feel free to chime in and tell me how much they suck so I feel better. :)
do it.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

inb4 Wrangler98
Juice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Juice »

mac5155 wrote:
Juice wrote:
Its ok, you probably would have a tough time getting in and out of it if it sat any higher :pop:
lololol MURICA
BIG RED NECK
BIG WHITE BELLY
BIG BLUE ANKLES
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Hockeynut! wrote:I'm trying to talk myself out of buying a Jeep Wrangler Unlimited. Feel free to chime in and tell me how much they suck so I feel better. :)
They are pretty awesome. I'd love to have one but maybe only as a second vehicle, since I do drive 150 highway miles per day.
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

I owned a regular Wrangler years ago. Wranglers are loud as heck inside (even with a hardtop), have a bouncy ride, and get lousy fuel economy even though they’re not all that big because they have the aerodynamics of a brick. I agree with mac; a Wrangler would make a really fun second car for weekend adventures, but I wouldn't want to use one as a daily driver.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Shyster wrote:
I owned a regular Wrangler years ago. Wranglers are loud as heck inside (even with a hardtop), have a bouncy ride, and get lousy fuel economy even though they’re not all that big because they have the aerodynamics of a brick. I agree with mac; a Wrangler would make a really fun second car for weekend adventures, but I wouldn't want to use one as a daily driver.
The new ones have gotten a lot better. My point still stands though, but if you dont do much highway or long haul driving, go for it.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Shyster wrote:
The JKU (the unlimited hes talking about) is a great rig for photography gear as well as a family automobile and a ton of leisure time fun. like you said, it has the aerodynamics of a post office truck, but thats besides the point.
my brother has a JKU and loves it. if you have any questions, let me know and i can probably answer it. the hard top is clutch for the winter time and isnt that difficult to take off.
the only thing i would be hesitant on is that their is a new body style coming out in 14-15, as well as diesel offerings (supposedly). the downside of that is the rumors that the new wranglers will have more of a hummer look (smaller windshield for example).

do it anyway.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I got 42.3 MPG on my last tank of diesel fuel (calculated by hand, miles driven / gallons to full tank. Love my TDI

Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

mac5155 wrote:The new ones have gotten a lot better. My point still stands though, but if you dont do much highway or long haul driving, go for it.
I’m sure the interiors are better. The air conditioning in my Wrangler was completely independent from the heater and was located under the dashboard. You had to reach down and turn it on separately. Mine was also the first year of fuel-injected engines (the venerable Jeep 4.0 liter straight six). The new ones aren’t much better on fuel economy, however. I see they get around 18–20 mpg. Mine pretty much got 18 mpg no matter what I did. I could probably have rolled it down a hill with the engine off and still somehow managed to get 18 mpg. On the other hand, it was fun to drive off-road and could go darn near anywhere, and there’s a near-endless array of accessories to pimp your ride. Want chrome door hinges? No problem. Accessory lights like you’re running Baja? You bet. New bumpers? There are literally dozens of options. I used to get big thick catalogs in the mail that were nothing but Wranger parts and accessories.
meow
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meow »

Got our Lemieux Foundation plates today. I think I'm a little too excited.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Shyster wrote:
mac5155 wrote:The new ones have gotten a lot better. My point still stands though, but if you dont do much highway or long haul driving, go for it.
I’m sure the interiors are better. The air conditioning in my Wrangler was completely independent from the heater and was located under the dashboard. You had to reach down and turn it on separately. Mine was also the first year of fuel-injected engines (the venerable Jeep 4.0 liter straight six). The new ones aren’t much better on fuel economy, however. I see they get around 18–20 mpg. Mine pretty much got 18 mpg no matter what I did. I could probably have rolled it down a hill with the engine off and still somehow managed to get 18 mpg. On the other hand, it was fun to drive off-road and could go darn near anywhere, and there’s a near-endless array of accessories to pimp your ride. Want chrome door hinges? No problem. Accessory lights like you’re running Baja? You bet. New bumpers? There are literally dozens of options. I used to get big thick catalogs in the mail that were nothing but Wranger parts and accessories.
that 4.0 6 is one of the best engines known to man. its a shame they got away from it. that thing is a tank. with the endless accessories that you mention, tuffy lockboxes, etc, hockeynut could do a lot worse in terms of protecting his gear and having a pretty badass workbench on the go for his equipment (im gonna feel like an idiot if he isnt the photo guy im thinking of). the best part is the customization that you can do to fit his gear with racks, boxes, etc and still have a nice, fun ride for play time. im a jeeper, so i have a biased opinion, but the versatility of the JK/JKU in terms of what you get out of an automobile (in an non-offroad context) is vastly underrated.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Switch the style up and if they hate, let em hate and watch the money pile up

Post by Godric »

canaan wrote:
Shyster wrote:
that 4.0 6 is one of the best engines known to man. its a shame they got away from it. that thing is a tank. with the endless accessories that you mention, tuffy lockboxes, etc, hockeynut could do a lot worse in terms of protecting his gear and having a pretty badass workbench on the go for his equipment (im gonna feel like an idiot if he isnt the photo guy im thinking of). the best part is the customization that you can do to fit his gear with racks, boxes, etc and still have a nice, fun ride for play time. im a jeeper, so i have a biased opinion, but the versatility of the JK/JKU in terms of what you get out of an automobile (in an non-offroad context) is vastly underrated.
I think that your thinking of http://www.letsgopens.com/scripts/phpBB ... ile&u=2209" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Shyster
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Shyster »

canaan wrote:that 4.0 6 is one of the best engines known to man. its a shame they got away from it. that thing is a tank.
Agreed. I outfitted mine with a Borla stainless-steel header and exhaust system. It ran and sounded great. Inline-six engines are also inherently balanced and smooth running. I did have some transmission problems (manual transmission), but never anything with the engine.
Hockeynut!
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Hockeynut! »

I told you guys to talk me out of it! ;) Ugh, I love Wranglers so much and the 4 door would indeed be perfect for taking on shoots. My first choice would be an Unlimited Sport model in Crush orange - such a sweet ride.
Godric
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Godric »

If anyone has anything to say about ford focus ST lemme hear it
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I think redwill drives a Focus.
Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Firebird »

Godric wrote:If anyone has anything to say about ford focus ST lemme hear it
143 3 "Series 18, Episode 3" Vauxhall Corsa VXR Nurburgring • Fiat Panda • Jaguar XFR • Ford Focus Jeremy and Richard are on location with the forthcoming Sweeney movie as they take charge of shooting the film's climactic car chase Ryan Reynolds 12 February 2012

151 4 "Series 19, Episode 4" Kia Cee'd • Mastretta MXT • Ford Focus ST • Renault Megane RenaultSport Cup 265 • Vauxhall Astra VXR Jeremy takes the new Kia Cee'd on a thorough road test, including an unusual game of rugby involving James. • Richard is in Mexico for a road test of the Mastretta MXT. • A trio of hot hatchbacks are tested on the Top Gear track. Lewis Hamilton 17 February 201

Find it on a torrent

[youtube][/youtube]

"It's not like they're going to step on to the road and say "I never saw it coming!"" lol