Fantasy Hockey Forum

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: Fantasy Hockey Forum

Post by Kraftster »

I am in first place in my one money league, but the guy in 2nd has by far the best team. I was really getting excited about some moves I've made to compete with him and then the last place team last night makes a pathetic deal that totally overloads the 2nd place team. It is so frustrating because I have offered more in trades for St. Louis alone and he out of no where includes Slava Voynov in the deal -- a completely senseless decision given his prior love of Voynov, so its not even arguably that he thinks he's selling high on him. He previously traded Corey Perry and Cam Ward for Alex Edler and Patrik Berglund. Then later in the year traded Edler+ for Voynov -- so he obviously loved him at one time.

Kassian + Marcus Foligno + 2nd round rookie pick for Martin St. Louis + Slava Voynov + 1st round rookie pick.

Pathetic. I lost all excitement for this league now.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Hodgson - has he peaked or is there more to come? I know he was a highly touted guy for a while before his back injury. He's having a solid year, but to me he seems like a guy who is doing well on a bad team. On a better team, he is probably a #2 center at best, instead of a #1. And obviously a lot of his production is tied to Vanek.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I'm in sort of a crappy situation in my league. I'm the #1 seed and pretty much have it locked up. The 2nd seed is a terrible team, IMO and the 3 and 4 seed are really really good teams. I'd much rather be playing the #2 seed the first round of the playoffs (only 4 teams make the playoffs), but oh well. Whatever you get, you get in the playoffs.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I can't really comment meaningfully on Hodgson. From what little I've seen and can read from watching stats/reading reviews, I think he's a 2nd line center. I'd give him something like Derek Roy fantasy stat lines as upside?
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

Kraftster wrote:I am in first place in my one money league, but the guy in 2nd has by far the best team. I was really getting excited about some moves I've made to compete with him and then the last place team last night makes a pathetic deal that totally overloads the 2nd place team. It is so frustrating because I have offered more in trades for St. Louis alone and he out of no where includes Slava Voynov in the deal -- a completely senseless decision given his prior love of Voynov, so its not even arguably that he thinks he's selling high on him. He previously traded Corey Perry and Cam Ward for Alex Edler and Patrik Berglund. Then later in the year traded Edler+ for Voynov -- so he obviously loved him at one time.

Kassian + Marcus Foligno + 2nd round rookie pick for Martin St. Louis + Slava Voynov + 1st round rookie pick.

That's ass. Was there no veto option in your league? Hate when stuff like that happns.
SolidSnake
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by SolidSnake »

The goalie chaos this season is killing my fantasy team this season, I have 3 goalies and only two of them played once this week, so I got the "Did not meet the minimum goalie requirements" smacked on me.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

meecrofilm wrote:
Kraftster wrote:I am in first place in my one money league, but the guy in 2nd has by far the best team. I was really getting excited about some moves I've made to compete with him and then the last place team last night makes a pathetic deal that totally overloads the 2nd place team. It is so frustrating because I have offered more in trades for St. Louis alone and he out of no where includes Slava Voynov in the deal -- a completely senseless decision given his prior love of Voynov, so its not even arguably that he thinks he's selling high on him. He previously traded Corey Perry and Cam Ward for Alex Edler and Patrik Berglund. Then later in the year traded Edler+ for Voynov -- so he obviously loved him at one time.

That's ass. Was there no veto option in your league? Hate when stuff like that happns.
I'm a pretty strict no veto in the absence of evidence supporting a finding of collusion kind of guy. I have to admit that that deal really pressed my beliefs on vetoes. This guy consistently makes horrendous deals in the name of "rebuilding" though. If anything, I'd guess that the receiver was guilty of preying upon a GM who tends to lose his mind at times.

Really does suck, though. At least I won this week and more or less clinched the top spot. So, I'll get some money for that, and if there is one upset in Round 1, I will be able to only play one difficult playoff game (4 obvious contenders, so if I miss one in Rd. 2 that'd be nice). Then its just a matter of needing some shutout luck or something in the finals, which I probably needed before the trade anyway.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

SolidSnake wrote:The goalie chaos this season is killing my fantasy team this season, I have 3 goalies and only two of them played once this week, so I got the "Did not meet the minimum goalie requirements" smacked on me.
Sucks.

Speaking of goalies, I'm strongly considering dropping Reimer and picking up Khudobin, so I can rock a Rask/Khudobin tandem to compensate for Varly a bit. Less overall starts, but better composite stats, and the win potential probably is about the same, more or less, IMO.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'm a little bit upset right now. I'm playing a crappy team with a crappy set of goaltenders. This week, so far one of his goalies is 1 1/2 games in and has only given up 1 goal total.

#danellisproblems
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Epic scenario for next season for my keeper team:

Cam Ward comes back and is a monster
Luongo is traded to Detroit
Allen supplants Halak as the #1 in STL
Bernier traded to NJ
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Marty is coming back from injury, but I don't really have anyone on my team that I want to drop to put him on the active roster... #firstplaceproblems
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Martin Havlat racks up the PIMs for me this week... who woodathunkit?
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

brodeur is on my fantasy team, he scores a goal and I don't get any credit for it? crap...
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

Dropped Lindbach today.. injury sealed the deal for me
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

sooooo, do i drop varlamov or hold onto him? I want to pick up Setoguchi, but I don't have any skaters I'd drop for him. I have 3 other goalies (Howard, Bryz, and Marty)
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

Never drop Varlamov.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

I just dropped him last night (for Khudobin). He's good, but he's got zero defense in front of him, which means his composites are gonna suck, and Colorado doesn't win that many games anyway, so he's really not helping in either category. Pick up the Gooch while he's still hot.
meecrofilm
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by meecrofilm »

mikey287 wrote:Never drop Varlamov.
:lol:

I'm assuming it's a one-year league, so no harm I say. He'll get better value out of his other 3 goalies (even Bryz, though only slightly).
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

I'm waiting for that little CGY next to Iggy's name to turn into a PIT. So good...
Mongoose87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Mongoose87 »

Okay, so here's one. I have Lundqvist, Howard and BOBROVSKY, all playing tonight, with Howard and BOBROVKSY coming off a back to back. Who sits?
mikey287
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by mikey287 »

I never willingly play the goalie who's going against my favorite team and Colorado absolutely blows.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I get Lecavalier, Kesler, Zetterberg, Anderson, and Smith back in one of my leagues for next week. Good time to have a bye!
I also own Ben Bishop in all three leagues, and that makes me one happy camper!
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I desperately need to know whether Getzlaf is playing tonight as soon as possible. Anyone have any advice on where to monitor something like this? Twitter, I guess?
Idoit40fans
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Idoit40fans »

I wouldn't bet on him playing today, but yeah I guess twitter would be your best bet.
MRandall25
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MRandall25 »

The Ducks' beat writer is @icemancometh. If you need info, he'll probably have it