**THE LORDS OF HELL POST GAME

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

**THE LORDS OF HELL POST GAME

Post by newarenanow »

Below is the total summary of all the players, their names, and their powers from redwill. I simplified the game some because and made a few changes because I just didn't have time for the complexity. I only did the packages every other night, and shad and columbia picked a number that did "nothing". I also got rid of the PM thing as some players dropped out or were not active.

It was a tough game at times because of the inactivity. I was going to modkill EPP like in Day 2, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt that he'd jump aboard. But then when I realized he wasn't coming, it was too late into the game and I didn't want to hurt the village anymore as the numbers were down. Looking back I wish I modkilled him.

Thanks for playing, and redwill, sorry for not going into all the details with names and cutting out some of your ideas. I've been busy at work and just couldn't dig through the complexity.
Spoiler:
This is a lot, so please digest it at your leisure and ask me any questions you may have. I'll be around intermittently.

THE LORDS OF HELL

The characters (The names mean nothing. I just tried to make it a little more personal and be as odd as possible in the naming):

1 seer - DeathParch (sees Hellish/non-Hellish)
1 vig - StillGrunt (kills every even night; may save up to two kills, but no more than one kill per night)
1 angel - PowerWord (protect every night; cannot protect the same person more than three nights in a row)
2 Lords - Lord BrainHarrow (Alpha) (comes back non-Hellish), Lord IronFist (day protect), (1 recruit: Lord CannibalHand (day protect))
12 villagers
- SturdyGround
- SpentHunt
- PrayLingam
- NoddingNod
- SaberStarve
- FlingerTimid
- CrushCollect
- BambooSpark
- RockView
- GypsyGoat
- PickleJail
- TurtleGout

PMs:

columbia, you are SturdyGround, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
Troy Loney, you are SpentHunt, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
Pavel Bure, you are PrayLingam, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
CBear3, you are NoddingNod, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
Pen48guins, you are SaberStarve, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
obhave, you are FlingerTimid, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
relantel, you are CrushCollect, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
ExPatriatePen, you are BambooSpark, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
MWB, you are RockView, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
thehockeyguru, you are GypsyGoat, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
shafnutz05, you are PickleCave, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
canaan, you are TurtleGout, a regular villager in THE LORDS OF HELL game. Your goal is to help the village of Stull survive and triumph.
------
Sam's Drunk Dog, you are DeathParch, the Seer of the village of Stull. PM me the name of one player each night and I will reveal info about him/her. You will only be told if the player's character is Hellish or non-Hellish. If you have any questions about the role, please PM me.
------
ulf, you are StillGrunt, the Vigilante of the village of Stull. On EVEN-numbered nights (starting with Night 2) you may PM me the name of a player you wish to kill. You may choose not to kill and may accumulate up to two kills. However, you may not kill more than ONCE per night. If you have any questions about the role, please PM me.
------
Rylan, you are PowerWord, the Angel of the village of Stull. PM me each night the name of the player you wish to protect. You may protect yourself or any other player, but you may not protect the same person more than THREE nights in a row. For example, if you protect yourself Nights 1, 2, and 3, you may not protect yourself on Night 4. If you have any questions about the role, please PM me.
------
newarenanow and Benny Fitz, you are the Lords of Hell. Your goal is to kill everyone in the village of Stull.

newarenanow is Lord BrainHarrow and is the leader.

Benny Fitz is Lord IronFist.

The Lords of Hell may kill every night. PM me the name of the victim.

You may choose to RECRUIT one player to your side INSTEAD of killing. You may not recruit and kill in the same night. Certain players cannot be recruited. If you attempt to recruit such an unrecruitable player, nothing will happen. You DO NOT lose the recruit (you may try someone else later). However, if your recruit attempt fails, you may not kill that same night. You do NOT lose the ability to recruit if Lord BrainHarrow dies before the recruit is made.

Lord BrainHarrow has the advantage that, if investigated, he will be revealed to the investigator to be not bad (blue).

Lord IronFist has the ONE-TIME power to protect one player from a daytime lynch. The name of the player to be protected must be PM'd to me during the Night phase prior to the phase in which the player is to be protected. This protect CAN be used in conjunction with a kill or recruit.
------

Gameplay:

Two additional things are going on:

Packages. Each night, a random person is selected and receives a stone egg bubbling up from a fissure in the earth. They can choose to open it or not. The result is random:

1. nothing
2. nothing
3. nothing
4. last person killed resurrected (resumes status when killed)
5. person using tool has protection for that night
6. person using tool has protection for that night
7. person using tool has protection for next day
8. person using tool has protection for next day
9. nothing
10. last person killed resurrected (resumes status when killed)
11. nothing
12. person using tool gets doublevoter status next day phase
13. person using tool may not post during next day phase
14. person using tool may post but not vote next day phase
15. nothing
16. nothing

As you can see, there is nothing game-changing in this list of results. To tell the truth, my goal was to keep people alive and in the game as long as possible, given that there were not that many playing. This is a disadvantage to the reds, since the villagers will not necessarily die as quickly as they normally do. So I gave the reds the two day protects (Lord IronFist and the recruit, Lord CannibalHand each have one day protect). Also, I made the leader, Lord BrainHarrow, immune to investigation. Plus, the reds are eligible to receive the packages as well, so they can be protected, resurrected, etc. Hopefully this all balances out in the end.

This may be the confusing one:

Each night, a villager (not RP) is randomly selected to become a martyr, if they so choose.

Randomly select a blue who has not been a martyr or is PM-ing a martyr (I'll explain that in a bit).

PM:

______, you are walking down a dirt street in Stull when suddenly a filmy haze emerges before your eyes. Threads touch your face like spiderwebs. You have been given a vision.

You are now a MARTYR. You may choose to offer to give up your life to help your cause. If you do, something will happen.

You do not know and cannot control what will happen if you choose either way. You may die or you may not.

IMPORTANT: If you survive, you may NOT reveal to the village that you are a Martyr and that you have been given this choice.

Please let me know if you want to choose to offer to give up your life.

Now, if they choose to be a martyr, what happens is that the are informed that they do not die at this time and that they may now PM another player (that player must be blue, too). Tell them that they don't know each others alignment, even though we know that they're both blue.

So, for example, Troy Loney was selected on Night 1. He opted to become a martyr.

My PM to him:

As a result of your offer to sacrifice, you do not die at this time. But you may now freely PM with another player: thehockeyguru.

You do not know his alignment status and he does not know yours.

Remember that you may not mention the Martyr thing on the board or in PMs.

If the player declines to be a martyr, then nothing happens.

So now, on Night 2, another martyr candidate is selected from among the living villagers, except for Troy Loney and thehockeyguru. This continues until the game ends or there are no longer two unconnected villagers. It's important that the Martyrs understand that they cannot mention the martyr thing to anyone. I wanted each martyr to think he's special. Haha.

The idea I'm trying to explore is to give everyone something to do. Choices, partners, etc. Blues tend to really drift off if they're not connected.

Actions so far:

On Night 1, you tried to recruit SDD. No green RPs can be recruited, so it failed.
Rylan protected himself.
SDD saw EPP (non-Hellish)
Pen48guins opened an egg and got doublevoter status for Day 1 (only)
Troy Loney became a martyr and now communicates freely with thg.

One more thing: The seer (SDD) only gets a reply of "Hellish" or "non-Hellish." No colors. Similarly, I was vague about who the reds could recruit ("certain players are unrecruitable.") I want people to maybe think that there is an independent out there, which there is not. Just a little twist to get them to think a bit more.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: **THE LORDS OF HELL POST GAME

Post by newarenanow »

PS - congrats to Pavel Bure, Benny and MWB.

Pavel, thanks for jumping in as my replacement!
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

Thanks nan for taking over!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I was pretty much was killed because NAN tried to recruit me and it failed, which told him I was a role player of some sort.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Well played baddies.
I was around in the end, mainly because the baddies thought I was awful enough never to catch them, so that sucks for me. :)
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Great work NAN. I was pretty busy at work and unable to help co-mod much.
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

Ah yes, thanks NAN for taking over, and SDD for the assist.
I really enjoyed it.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

:thumb:

I was really bummed about all the people bowing out. canaan, thg, and epp. I hope none are for serious reasons, but defintely people you enjoy playing against.

Ulf, awesome shot on MWB, that spoiled our no-hitter.

cbear, bob-and-weave kid, bob-and-weave. nice work. and way to stay objective.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Despite some lack of participation it was a fun game. And I don't blame you for not mod killing EPP, nan. Would have been tough to mid kill two villagers.

I would suggest that everyone read over the rules and guidelines. Since there's a lot of newer players I think some of us take for granted that the rules are common knowledge.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

And yes, good shot ulf. I was very surprised to click the spoiler and see my name.

Also, I was convinced thg was the angel.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:Great work NAN. I was pretty busy at work and unable to help co-mod much.
No, thanks for helping. Especially this weekend.

As for trying to recruit you, Benny was gone that first day and it was taking forever to PM. So I honestly just randomly picked out your name to recruit on Night 1.

When it came back you were unrecruitable, we knew we had one. That was an easy kill. And just totally random luck.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I was so gun shy each night. If I shot my angel, it was game over.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

ulf wrote:I was so gun shy each night. If I shot my angel, it was game over.
Yeah, and Rylan did protect you a few times.

I was certain after the second day when no majority was reached, you were just going to shoot EPP or another really quiet person.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

newarenanow wrote:
ulf wrote:I was so gun shy each night. If I shot my angel, it was game over.
Yeah, and Rylan did protect you a few times.

I was certain after the second day when no majority was reached, you were just going to shoot EPP or another really quiet person.
Well I knew epp was "non hellish"... I was going to shoot him after i shot mwb, and them when I saw mwb was recruited, i figured epp wasn't. And he wasn't going to hurt us being a quiet blue. Definitely wasn't helping though.
obhave
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by obhave »

Thanks for the game redwill, nan, and sdd!
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Thx for the game!

THG was a muy mal choice
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Good game guys. Especially Benny and PB.

I guess this means we are even PB? :fist:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

cbear had better watch out for that "well columbia is columbia :pop: " comment.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

columbia wrote:cbear had better watch out for that "well columbia is columbia :pop: " comment.
I lol'd at that. I had no idea what the was even meaning haha
CBear3
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by CBear3 »

I just meant that everybody kept saying you weren't playing your normal game, not that I'd have any idea what that was. :pop:
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

columbia is usually a beast at the game.

I just hope next game there is participation. We didn't really have conversation until the very end and that just burned the village.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I was trying to converse, then I got recruited and my conversing got me shot.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Just popped in and saw that the game was over. Thanks to nan for taking over. I haven't read the game thread, but I hope everyone had a decent time.

Also I wanted to say that I had fun making up all the silly nonsensical character names.
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Yeah non-participation killed it for the village. Benny was cracking me up cause he's totally into complicated pulling strings means to get to what would otherwise be an easy end. Heck he was upset that I was killing ulf with our last kill. Really really thought THG was the angel do lucky shot at Rylan for us.
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

I was hoping that I was visible enough to make sure I was part of trying to get the village to wake up and obscure enough that no one would think I had a role. When thg had that conversation with ulf where he was making assumptions about the angel I knew then I would only have to come out if I was ever a major target.

But PB you were the only person that I didn't think was red at one point. And that makes me a sad panda.