How many of you own a droid?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: How many of you own a droid?

Post by knives of ice »

pittsports87 wrote:On my twitter app on my droid I haven't gotten notifications for a few months it seems for mentions or messages. I go into the settings and turn both of them on, leave the settings, and go back in and they are set back to off. I tried logging out, tried revoking the apps twitter access and logging back in, and a few other things I forget that haven't worked. Anyone else having trouble with this problem?
make sure under accounts and sync in your settings that you are set to sync there, no matter what in app settings for notifications you have if you aren't set to sync it won't work and its easy to accidentally turn that off. also, make certain your date is correct. i had a problem one time going insane why i couldn't get any new tweet notifications as well and somehow my date was wrong.

additionally, you may want to download another twitter client and see if you have the same problem.

only things i could think of.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

knives of ice wrote:
pittsports87 wrote:On my twitter app on my droid I haven't gotten notifications for a few months it seems for mentions or messages. I go into the settings and turn both of them on, leave the settings, and go back in and they are set back to off. I tried logging out, tried revoking the apps twitter access and logging back in, and a few other things I forget that haven't worked. Anyone else having trouble with this problem?
make sure under accounts and sync in your settings that you are set to sync there, no matter what in app settings for notifications you have if you aren't set to sync it won't work and its easy to accidentally turn that off. also, make certain your date is correct. i had a problem one time going insane why i couldn't get any new tweet notifications as well and somehow my date was wrong.

additionally, you may want to download another twitter client and see if you have the same problem.

only things i could think of.
I checked in my accounts and sync's, and it somehow got turned off altogether. Turned it back on and I believe twitter is working again. Thanks :thumb:

I find it weird that I still would get facebook notifications though with the accounts sync off.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Finally got ice cream sandwich for my droid razr maxx. I'm really liking it considering how badly I dislike this phone.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

the galaxy S3 rules. i've had it since launch day over a week ago. can't imagine how amazing this thing will be with lte in Pittsburgh and Jellybean. Android jellybean is a huge improvement over ics in some areas especially project butter.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

As annoyed as I was that Verizon forced my hand with the upgrade, I am looking forward to the S3 for sure. Still waiting for it to ship though.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

When will the S3 be in Verizon stores? I know you could pre-order it since early June, but when will it actually ship?

Is there free software that will allow you to easily move the contents of my Droid X to the S3 (when I get it)? Obviously, there is the old drag and drop method using Windows Explorer, but is there something more efficient?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Well, the S3 has an extra SD slot, so your files are as simple as popping the old card into that slot... contacts you can probably handle through the backup assistant... apps you'l probably have to redownload, but should have anything you already bought available.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

stopper40 wrote:Finally got ice cream sandwich for my droid razr maxx. I'm really liking it considering how badly I dislike this phone.
Got it yesterday too.... Love it.

Just curious, why do you dislike the MAXX?
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Loaf31 wrote:
stopper40 wrote:Finally got ice cream sandwich for my droid razr maxx. I'm really liking it considering how badly I dislike this phone.

I had the HTC Incredible before I got the Maxx. I liked the HTC interface so much more the Motorola's.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Is ICS available for galaxy s2 skyrocket on att?
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Finally got my S3 today. Haven't had a ton of time to mess with all the features yet... biggest complaint so far is that I can't connect to my home wireless while it is not broadcasting the SSID. It works fine if its visible... not at all when invisible. Seems like wireless issues are somewhat common, but not really any common denominators... some people have no issues whatsoever.
scb147
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by scb147 »

the wicked child wrote:biggest complaint so far is that I can't connect to my home wireless while it is not broadcasting the SSID. It works fine if its visible... not at all when invisible. Seems like wireless issues are somewhat common, but not really any common denominators... some people have no issues whatsoever.
My DroidX is the same way. Maybe some sort of Android limitation, a big, annoying limitation...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

My X always connected fine... So not sure what the pattern is. Ah well. The phone seems nice otherwise so far.
DropEmJayBird
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by DropEmJayBird »

I plan on getting the S3 on thursday, which is the day I believe it is available in Verizon stores.
Should I expect not to get it? I'll be there when it opens at 9am, I don't think it should be a problem, but I've never done this before.
JeffDFD
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by JeffDFD »

scb147 wrote:
the wicked child wrote:biggest complaint so far is that I can't connect to my home wireless while it is not broadcasting the SSID. It works fine if its visible... not at all when invisible. Seems like wireless issues are somewhat common, but not really any common denominators... some people have no issues whatsoever.
My DroidX is the same way. Maybe some sort of Android limitation, a big, annoying limitation...
Haven't followed your whole convo, but I have the Droid Bionic and have no problems connecting to my home wireless and I do not broadcast SSID
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

the wicked child wrote:Finally got my S3 today. Haven't had a ton of time to mess with all the features yet... biggest complaint so far is that I can't connect to my home wireless while it is not broadcasting the SSID. It works fine if its visible... not at all when invisible. Seems like wireless issues are somewhat common, but not really any common denominators... some people have no issues whatsoever.

change the channel it is broadcasting on that may work. or just broadcast your SSID to make things easy, hiding it really does nothing anyways.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

stopper40 wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:

I had the HTC Incredible before I got the Maxx. I liked the HTC interface so much more the Motorola's.
install a launcher like adw, launcher pro, etc and make it look just like htc sense if you want.

you can make an android phone look any way you want. any skin like sense or motoblur only makes android much worse in my opinion they add no functionality outside of what you can already do with apps in the store.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

These Google Nexus tablets look pretty sweet...especially for $199:
https://play.google.com/store/devices?u ... mpaign=sem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by thepittman »

mac5155 wrote:Is ICS available for galaxy s2 skyrocket on att?
If you root it
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

knives of ice wrote:
the wicked child wrote:Finally got my S3 today. Haven't had a ton of time to mess with all the features yet... biggest complaint so far is that I can't connect to my home wireless while it is not broadcasting the SSID. It works fine if its visible... not at all when invisible. Seems like wireless issues are somewhat common, but not really any common denominators... some people have no issues whatsoever.

change the channel it is broadcasting on that may work. or just broadcast your SSID to make things easy, hiding it really does nothing anyways.
it works fine when I broadcast it... not going to screw with it any more at this point.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

I definitely find myself missing a couple of the widgets that I had on my X... in particular, the message widgets that would have every message regardless of source for easy skimming. Also, I liked how the date widget would show the next upcoming event... it seems like the one here, while it looks nicer, only shows events for today.

Also trying to figure out why the hell it isn't syncing with yahoo... I have it set for 15 minutes, yet I just had to manually pull down 2 days worth of emails.

edit: of course after complaining, it just pulled mail from yahoo. :lol:
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

columbia wrote:These Google Nexus tablets look pretty sweet...especially for $199:
https://play.google.com/store/devices?u ... mpaign=sem" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I agree. the kindle 2 is coming out soon, it will be interesting to see what improvements they made, but for that price, that looks to be the goto $200 tablet.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

eddysnake wrote:
columbia wrote:These Google Nexus tablets look pretty sweet...especially for $199:
I agree. the kindle 2 is coming out soon, it will be interesting to see what improvements they made, but for that price, that looks to be the goto $200 tablet.
My lappy is probably going to die in another year or so and I would seriously consider just replacing it with one of these.
I don't do any work on the laptop and for surfing while I'm couch surfing, this would be nicer than using a smart phone.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

ICS is not too bad any tricks to it?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

i dont get a 7" tablet. its not that much larger than my phone?

i feel like its too small to display full webpages the way my netbook does, but too large to make proper use of mobile sites.

im actually surprised netbooks are being totally squeezed out by tablet demand. on my netbook i can run the "real" internet, not the "Jobs" internet, can type very quickly and clearly, and can set up far more multimedia options.