How many of you own a droid?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
stlcity

How many of you own a droid?

Post by stlcity »

Moto droid and what do u think of it? How many of you have it rooted?
Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: How many of you own a droid?

Post by Firebird »

typing on it now.

Don't have much time to talk about it right now tho
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

I have a cliq that runs the droid O/S, **** love it.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

droiiiiiiiiid
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

Pavel Bure wrote:I have a cliq that runs the droid O/S, **** love it.
so what you're saying is that you love the clique?
Mango Salsa
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Mango Salsa »

My son has one. Loves it. Not sure if it's the Moto though. Whichever one it is that they're doing the buy one get one deal is supposedly garbage.
roland
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by roland »

I have an R2 unit but it has a bad motivator. :lol:

Im currently looking for a bargain, one that is in prime condition.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

roland wrote:I have an R2 unit but it has a bad motivator. :lol:

:lol: :fist:
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I have a Droid and don't have too many complaints. I use it a lot. The web is pretty fast, but does lag sometimes. Droid isn't compatable with Flash yet, but is supposedly going to be soon. There are plenty of apps and games available for download, but not quite to the extent of the iPhone yet.

My complaints:
I don't like how the slide out keyboard easily slides out, and is probably going to break at some point.
There are problems with the screen switching from landscape to letter view. It seems when you don't want it to switch it will, and when you do want it to switch it lags.
Also, when you make a phone call, the screen will black out after a while and it is slow to come back up when you want it to.
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

I have a Droid and I am pretty happy with it. I do, however, drop calls on it from time to time. When I had the Envee 2, I never dropped a call.

The internet is great, but like Sam's Drunk Dog said, it lags sometimes. When I go on youtube on there, the quality of the videos are pretty poor, IMO.

But overall, I think its a good phone. I like the apps, the camera, the ease of use, the internet, etc.
schreibdog
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by schreibdog »

I just got a Droid Eris last week and love it so far. Battery life isn't great, but you have to expect that with being able to run multiple apps on it. The touch screen keys aren't as bad as I expected.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:I have a Droid and I am pretty happy with it. I do, however, drop calls on it from time to time. When I had the Envee 2, I never dropped a call.

The internet is great, but like Sam's Drunk Dog said, it lags sometimes. When I go on youtube on there, the quality of the videos are pretty poor, IMO.

But overall, I think its a good phone. I like the apps, the camera, the ease of use, the internet, etc.
click the menu button > watch video in high resolution...problem solved
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I have it, I love it. My favorite part of it is the Google Maps app. Turns your phone into a GPS, with street view. Saved me 200 bucks on a GPS. It's pretty awesome. No complaints beside what Sam's Drunk Dog said. Just a few minor things, but you'll get that with every phone. More and more sweet apps come out every day, I'm sure it's a matter of time before the droid app market catches the iTunes market.
stlcity

Post by stlcity »

For all those who experience lag on the Moto droid "root it". I did and will never go back. It is overclocked and snappy......no lags at all. In addition you can tether with it and apply custom themes to make it look good....
Firebird
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Firebird »

stlcity wrote:For all those who experience lag on the Moto droid "root it". I did and will never go back. It is overclocked and snappy......no lags at all. In addition you can tether with it and apply custom themes to make it look good....

What clock speed do you run it at? And what's the bat life like?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

stlcity wrote:For all those who experience lag on the Moto droid "root it". I did and will never go back. It is overclocked and snappy......no lags at all. In addition you can tether with it and apply custom themes to make it look good....
I have no idea what you are talking about. "Root it, overclocked, thether" Are you speaking jive?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
I have no idea what you are talking about. "Root it, overclocked, thether" Are you speaking jive?
He's speaking nerd speak in terms of speeding up the processor.
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by demondg1 »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:
[raises hand]
I speak jive.
viva la ben
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by viva la ben »

[waves]these are not the droids you're looking for[/waves]
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

I don't seem to recall ever owning a droid…
demondg1
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by demondg1 »

I have a Fandroid.

It keeps me cool at night and refreshed on a hot summers day.

stlcity

Post by stlcity »

Firebird wrote:

What clock speed do you run it at? And what's the bat life like?
Firebird, I run it at 1.2Ghz. As far as battery life goes its at about 30-40% at night with moderate use.
Spangler
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Spangler »

I don't have one yet. Would you recommend protocol or astro?
Pavel Bure
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Pavel Bure »

Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I have a Droid and don't have too many complaints. I use it a lot. The web is pretty fast, but does lag sometimes. Droid isn't compatable with Flash yet, but is supposedly going to be soon. There are plenty of apps and games available for download, but not quite to the extent of the iPhone yet.

My complaints:
I don't like how the slide out keyboard easily slides out, and is probably going to break at some point.
There are problems with the screen switching from landscape to letter view. It seems when you don't want it to switch it will, and when you do want it to switch it lags.
Also, when you make a phone call, the screen will black out after a while and it is slow to come back up when you want it to.
Just a question to see if yours is the same as mine. Does it black out when you put it up to your ear then come back on when you remove it? If so I LOVE that feature because it keeps me from ending the call prematurely by hitting a button with my ear.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Pavel Bure wrote:
Sam's Drunk Dog wrote:I have a Droid and don't have too many complaints. I use it a lot. The web is pretty fast, but does lag sometimes. Droid isn't compatable with Flash yet, but is supposedly going to be soon. There are plenty of apps and games available for download, but not quite to the extent of the iPhone yet.

My complaints:
Just a question to see if yours is the same as mine. Does it black out when you put it up to your ear then come back on when you remove it? If so I LOVE that feature because it keeps me from ending the call prematurely by hitting a button with my ear.
Yeah, I think we have the same one. It sometimes doesn't come back up for me when I need to end the call or use the keypad, which is what annoys me.