Jagr Watch 2017

Forum for hockey posts that are not Penguins-related.
littlemoonboot
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Jagr to PHI

Post by littlemoonboot »

LOL, oh Jaromir. I wish him a great mullet, fun summer and free agency, but I won't be #Jagrwatching.
penny lane wrote:Image

not participating in the Jagr festivities this summer.
:lol:
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

LOL at Jagr.. I hope he leads Philly on a string and then signs with the Devils. LOL.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

llipgh2 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
DarrenDreger
Jaromir Jagr enjoyed Phildadelphia, but plans on testing free agency. Also plans to change training to shed some lbs and get faster.
Sounds like same old Jagr to me.
He's a headcase.
He's a mercenary. He should just come right out and say "I'm in it for the money." I'd have more respect for him if he did.
Could have made twice as much in Russia than what the Flyers gave him this season. Just mind boogling how ignorant some people are with regards to the Jagr situation.
Headshot77
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Headshot77 »

Lesky wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
DarrenDreger
Jaromir Jagr enjoyed Phildadelphia, but plans on testing free agency. Also plans to change training to shed some lbs and get faster.
He's a headcase.
He's a mercenary. He should just come right out and say "I'm in it for the money." I'd have more respect for him if he did.
Could have made twice as much in Russia than what the Flyers gave him this season. Just mind boogling how ignorant some people are with regards to the Jagr situation.
Then why didn't he sign with the pens?
Rylan
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Rylan »

Jagr cares about his positioning on the team. With the Flyers he was arguably going to be one of the their top 3 players. That wasn't going to happen in Pittsburgh or Detroit.
NJ5934
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by NJ5934 »

Lesky wrote:
llipgh2 wrote:
Sarcastic wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
DarrenDreger
He's a headcase.
I agree. I don't think money has anything to do with it, he's just a head case.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

I agree. I don't think money has anything to do with it, he's just a head case.
Jagr wanted to get top line ice time and be on the first PP. That was his motivation for signing with the Flyers. And the only thing he has spoken about with regards to re-signing with the Flyers or not. Jagr wants to wait and see if the Flyers sign aquire Rick Nash for example - he wants to be sure to get a PP role and much ice time.

Then we have a few people here who bend the truth to make Jagr look like a greedy ******* - its fine to hate Jagr but there is no need to fabricate reasons why he is such a terrible human being. The hate flowing towards Jaromir is pretty amazing actually!

All of this has been said several times in this thread - but needs to be repeated when we have these people who hate for wrong and false reasons.
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

If Jagr wants to be top dog he needs to call up Columbus. He'll be their best player and they have money to throw away (I think, too lazy to check)
Sarcastic
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sarcastic »

If I may ask, Lesky. Why are you so obsessed with Jagr?
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Honestly, I can't wait for Jagr to retire so we can retire his number and make admends with him.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

newarenanow wrote:Honestly, I can't wait for Jagr to retire so we can retire his number and make admends with him.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Spoiler:
:lol:
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

I'm being serious!
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

newarenanow wrote:I'm being serious!
I know. :slug:
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Sarcastic wrote:If I may ask, Lesky. Why are you so obsessed with Jagr?
Jagr and Lemieux are my boyhood idols and made me start play hockey and root for the Penguins. I would defend them to death :twisted: :lol:

But with Jagr, I am not telling people to like him - just do not hate him for false reasons. Thats why I am defending Jagr, no need to fuel hatred for one of the Penguins best players, if not one the leagues best players all time. People go overboard to create and make up stuff, thats whats troubling me.

I do not have the same passionate feeling for Malkin and Crosby (even though I own lots of Crosby jerseys), so I guess its something related to idolizing them when I was a child.

I must admit that I have been Crosbys defending knight on other forums Vs the diving and whining OUT OF PROPORTION accusations. But there is no reason for me to do that here since no one has that burning dislike for him on this message board.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Jaromir Jagr interested the Red Wings last season, and will likely interest them again this year. They offered him $2.5 million last year before he signed for $3.3 million with the Flyers. The Wings want to add a top 6 forward, and if they can’t land Zach Parise, Jagr could be part of their backup plan. The Red Wings would like to re-sign Jiri Hudler, but he may test free agency.
http://www.freep.com/article/20120620/S ... romir-jagr" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Tico Rick
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Tico Rick »

Hard to believe that Jagr hasn't burned his bridges with both DET and PGH.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Tico Rick wrote:Hard to believe that Jagr hasn't burned his bridges with both DET and PGH.
Because he choose to play a waiting game and sign elsewhere? A goddamn joke people see that as burning bridges - only Pens fan has this view of things.

Surely there must be ALOT of burned bridges around the like judging by these standards.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by dman66 »

Lesky wrote:
Tico Rick wrote:Hard to believe that Jagr hasn't burned his bridges with both DET and PGH.
Because he choose to play a waiting game and sign elsewhere? A goddamn joke people see that as burning bridges - only Pens fan has this view of things.

Surely there must be ALOT of burned bridges around the like judging by these standards.
I would think it's burning bridges when you say you will come back to the NHL for only three teams. Each of those teams makes an offer, and you use their offer to get a bigger contract from another team. Why would the Wings, Pens, or Habs waste their time on him this year after that happened?
Pensfan2010
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Pensfan2010 »

dman66 wrote:
Lesky wrote:

I would think it's burning bridges when you say you will come back to the NHL for only three teams. Each of those teams makes an offer, and you use their offer to get a bigger contract from another team. Why would the Wings, Pens, or Habs waste their time on him this year after that happened?
Nailed it. Im not a wings fan obviously, but I have so much respect for Ken Holland and that organization. You'd be foolish to think that the way that Jagr and Svoboda handled that situation last year won't be in the back of Holland's mind.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Yeah, I don't see the Wings wasting any time with Jagr other than sending him one "final" offer and saying take it or leave it. That said, I hope they do get wrapped up again because they have a lot of cap space. If Jagr can keep them busy for a few hours, it could give Shero time to find his guys, and Jagr would be indirectly helping the Pens :)

(not actually going to happen)
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

dman66 wrote:
Lesky wrote:

Lol at the person who thinks you nailed it.

Give me a link to an article where Jagr states he only would come back with 3 teams guaranteed. All I remember is that something like that was stated like 20-30 days before free agency...obviously things changed when Pronger phoned Jagr etc.

And once again, if Jagr wanted more money, why did he not ask Shero or Detroit to up their offers? Why did he not sign in Russia for double the money?

In the end Jagr choose the best fit for him - and the Flyers obviously made it clear they wanted Jagr, the exact opposite of Sheros handling of the case. I just do not see why Jagrs decision made some people so sour, to me it seemed like stuff that happens every year during free agency.
Last edited by Lesky on Sun Jun 24, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

Pensfan2010 wrote:
dman66 wrote:
Lesky wrote:

Nailed it. Im not a wings fan obviously, but I have so much respect for Ken Holland and that organization. You'd be foolish to think that the way that Jagr and Svoboda handled that situation last year won't be in the back of Holland's mind.
What? Does Jagr or any other free agent have any obligation to sign with Detroit or Pittsburgh? Does any free agent have to say no to Detroit and Pittsburgh before signing with the Flyers?

To me it still seems there is one standard for Jaromir Jagr - and one for all other players in the league. The way Svoboda handled it has been blown out of proportion to the extreme like everything else to all the Jagr hating fans here.

On other message boards this is a complete non-story.

Shero pulled Jagrs offer in OPPOSITE of what he said - should not that be seen as burning bridges as well? Goes against his word.
dman66
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by dman66 »

Lesky, just a quick Google search produced this:
It was believed Pittsburgh, Detroit and Montreal were the three teams the five-time scoring champ was considering in a return to the NHL after playing the last three years in the Kontinental Hockey League.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6725916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As well as this link which speculates on potential teams he wants to play for:
http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/2011/06/ ... n-detroit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As well as this article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6714217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why would Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Detroit be waiting on a decision by Jagr if there wasn't mutual interest on both sides?

I could do more, but don't feel like it. You have made your feelings very clear throughout these 359 pages. If Jagr or his agent would have said from the beginning that he wanted to come back to the NHL, but didn't know where he would sign or that they would just field offers, then most Pens fans would have still been upset he signed with a rival, but I wouldn't expect the type of vitriol against him that we saw this season.
To me it still seems there is one standard for Jaromir Jagr
Yes, yes. Poor Jaromir. He's the only person in the history of the Penguins or the NHL that has ever been held accountable for the words of his agent or himself. Give me a break.
Lesky
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Lesky »

dman66 wrote:Lesky, just a quick Google search produced this:
It was believed Pittsburgh, Detroit and Montreal were the three teams the five-time scoring champ was considering in a return to the NHL after playing the last three years in the Kontinental Hockey League.
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6725916" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.hockeyworldblog.com/2011/06/ ... n-detroit/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

As well as this article:
http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?id=6714217" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Why would Montreal, Pittsburgh, and Detroit be waiting on a decision by Jagr if there wasn't mutual interest on both sides?

I could do more, but don't feel like it. You have made your feelings very clear throughout these 359 pages. If Jagr or his agent would have said from the beginning that he wanted to come back to the NHL, but didn't know where he would sign or that they would just field offers, then most Pens fans would have still been upset he signed with a rival, but I wouldn't expect the type of vitriol against him that we saw this season.
Yes, yes. Poor Jaromir. He's the only person in the history of the Penguins or the NHL that has ever been held accountable for the words of his agent or himself. Give me a break.
So if it was believed from a media standpoint based on hearsay and something Jagr said to a paper 30 days prior to free agency - that means Jagr burns bridges if he does not sign with the 3 teams mentioned in the media as "likely destinations"? Are you really serious about thinking an NHL organization would feel BURNED by a player who mentions several clubs he would be interested to play for and then signs with a different club in the end? I think GMs are not as easily hurt as Penguins fans thankfully.

You have not considered Jagr was serious about potentially returning to Pittsburgh 30 days before free agency, but that Sheros lack of interest and the fact that the Penguins offer was the lowest turned him off?

In my mind Jagr said a few teams would be interesting, and then took his decision after hearing what offers were on the table. I do not see anything terrible wrong with that.

Its not poor Jagr - its the poor Penguins fans who for no reason other than the media circus are making up dumb reasong for hating Jaromir Jagr! The biggest reason for everything is the multiple Pittsburgh media sources who said it was A DONE DEAL and created a false sense that Jagr had promised or guaranteed he would sign for the Pens - when nothing like that ever happened!

Instead of blaming Shero for giving Jagr the impression the Penguins only made an offer to look good towards the fan base, they are blaming Jagr for Jagr watch - which Jagr had no idea even existed.

And yes I have made my mind clear that I believe Jagr made a decision after hearing all offers - and that Jagr is not terrible human being because of this - in contrary to all the amazing hatred being directed towards him with little motivation. I am not saying Jagr should be loved, but its a friggin joke to hate a man for such a non-issue - which leads me to believe its just the same sad hating fans looking for a reason to justify their hatred.

At last, also keep in mind the Flyers were not the NHL club with the highest offer - so it was not about money as some people stupidly claim time after time.
André
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by André »

dman66 wrote:Lesky, just a quick Google search produced this:

As well as this article:

None of this is very specific. I wonder if there's a direct quote with him saying "I'll only sign with Pens, Wings...". Very much doubt it. The media buzz narrowing down the rumours to a few teams doesn't give us any kind of input on whether or not Jagr "burned bridges" by breaking promises to anyone when choosing team. Then there's the agent factor as well, of course.

Don't see it happening now if Pens land Parise but I'd still love me some Jagr on the Pens as a PP specialist (if he'd be interested in that).

I know that's not rational (especially if we're looking at a top six of Parise, Crosby, Dupuis, Neal, Malkin and Kunitz) but from a fan joy perspective I'd still go nuts about it. It's all entertainment in the end =)

And given how he performed last year it's not that irrational either. If it comes down to the above top six put him in Dupers place with Duper being the first to advance in case of injuries.