How many of you own a droid?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: How many of you own a droid?

Post by eddysnake »

Swiftkey 3 beta coming out, looks awesome for those who enjoy swiftkey x

http://androidcommunity.com/swiftkey-3- ... -20120404/
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

My Incredible 2 completely froze up on me today. I couldnt restart it or anything. Screen just stuck. I just decided to take out the battery and put it back in. When it came back on some things were gone. All my music on my mp3, and the kind of texting I had on there is gone to default. Among other things i can tell I just havent noticed them yet. The error message comes up to prepare the SD card. I have no idea how to fix this. Anyone?

...Holy sentence fragments Dudeman
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I'd try banging it really hard a couple times with your hand.
Factorial
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Factorial »

Not me, but I have a rotary phone and you can't beat it for sound quality.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Yeah, that's a new one for me.

Upgrade coming in late May with Verizon.

Razr Maxx or will the Razr HD be out by then? I've seen leaked pictures of a Motorola Droid with ICS on it...referred to as the Razr HD.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

lol nevermind. Took the phone apart. All I had to do was push it back in.
Spoiler:
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:lol nevermind. Took the phone apart. All I had to do was push it back in.
Spoiler:
I was going to suggest reseating the SD card buy didn't want to insult your intelligence lol
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

Now my phone won't charge. Incredible 2. Just started last night, I had it plugged in, the charger light is on, the battery icon on the screen indicates charging, but when I go to use it it shows only 3% battery left and dies out. It died over night but I can charge it just enough to get it started but it won't go past a few % worth of battery. I got one error message that the phone isnt detecting a full charge and to switch to a wall outlet. Its already in a wall outlet. Thats probably telling me theres something wrong with the usb port or the battery itself right?
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Who here has an Android tablet? I'm thinking of getting an ASUS Transformer Prime, heard some very good things about it. Wondering if anyone has any experience with that specific device, but also with Android tablets in general.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

DudeMan2766 wrote:Now my phone won't charge. Incredible 2. Just started last night, I had it plugged in, the charger light is on, the battery icon on the screen indicates charging, but when I go to use it it shows only 3% battery left and dies out. It died over night but I can charge it just enough to get it started but it won't go past a few % worth of battery. I got one error message that the phone isnt detecting a full charge and to switch to a wall outlet. Its already in a wall outlet. Thats probably telling me theres something wrong with the usb port or the battery itself right?
Try a different USB cord perhaps, and take the battery out - hold down power key - replace battery - power up.
DudeMan2766
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by DudeMan2766 »

mac5155 wrote:
DudeMan2766 wrote:Now my phone won't charge. Incredible 2. Just started last night, I had it plugged in, the charger light is on, the battery icon on the screen indicates charging, but when I go to use it it shows only 3% battery left and dies out. It died over night but I can charge it just enough to get it started but it won't go past a few % worth of battery. I got one error message that the phone isnt detecting a full charge and to switch to a wall outlet. Its already in a wall outlet. Thats probably telling me theres something wrong with the usb port or the battery itself right?
Try a different USB cord perhaps, and take the battery out - hold down power key - replace battery - power up.
Its the charging port on the phone. They tried to get me a new phone overnighted...not in stock... started searching for equivalent phones..none in stock. Made calls to the corporate center for recommendations on what to do. Spent 1 hour and 20 minutes in the store and finally agreed to get a new Samsung Charge to replace it. Know nothing abuot the phone but the manager is a good friend of mine and took his word for it. So I should be bidding this thread adieu
Fire0nice228
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Fire0nice228 »

so the keyboard on my droid 2 lights up sometimes and sometimes it doesnt.. sucks when its dark out and it chooses not to light up.. help?
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

tifosi77 wrote:Who here has an Android tablet? I'm thinking of getting an ASUS Transformer Prime, heard some very good things about it. Wondering if anyone has any experience with that specific device, but also with Android tablets in general.

i have the prime. it is without a doubt the best tablet on the market today. the ipad i had in the past is such a POS compared to this its not even funny. basically, it comes down to what operating system you prefer the closed world of IOS or android that you can do anything you can think of with.

get the keyboard dock and its basically an amazing netbook/tablet combo. there is just so much you can do with this thing anything you can think of that could improve the tablet something you wish you could do with it there is almost always a way if you really read up on forums, etc.

one thing is certain i will never ever get an apple device after my experience with this android tablet.
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

HTC One S came out on Tmobile today. The One line is HTC's answer to the Samsung Galaxy phones.

I've been eligible for an upgrade for a long time but Tmo has not had a phone that interested me in the slightest. Mostly because I want a physical keyboard, but beyond that I don't think they've evolved that much in the last two years to give me a reason to buy a new one.

I was very disappointed by the One S's lack of media player capabilities. No smartphone at all at this point has a powerful gpu and robust server connectivity to stream music and movies.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

pittsoccer33 wrote:HTC One S came out on Tmobile today. The One line is HTC's answer to the Samsung Galaxy phones.

I've been eligible for an upgrade for a long time but Tmo has not had a phone that interested me in the slightest. Mostly because I want a physical keyboard, but beyond that I don't think they've evolved that much in the last two years to give me a reason to buy a new one.

I was very disappointed by the One S's lack of media player capabilities. No smartphone at all at this point has a powerful gpu and robust server connectivity to stream music and movies.

there are tons of phones fast enough to stream movies or music with no problems. it all depends on your speed. hell, i've been able to stream to my phone with no problems pre android and iphone on windows phone. granted, you may need to be on wifi or lte 4g to stream HD. i stream sirius xm off my phone every day driving around with no problms. i use slingbox on my phone all the time and as long as i have a good 3g connection its not a problem. many phones today with dual cores and quad cores coming have better specs than the majority of computers people use at home.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Not sure what PS33 means. My phone streams as well. It lacks HDMI out...that's about the only flaw
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

No phone can natively play all the main video formats - mpeg4(h264), mpeg4(divx/xvid), mpeg2 (dvd/hdtv), vc1(bluray), wmv. That's not to mention all containers like mkv, mp4, wtv, m4v, etc. And also the audio formats dolby digital and dts. You need to install 3rd party programs that may or may not have unlicensed decoders.

PC world said the one s was the best multimedia phone. It would not even open xvid avi files.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

pittsoccer33 wrote:No phone can natively play all the main video formats - mpeg4(h264), mpeg4(divx/xvid), mpeg2 (dvd/hdtv), vc1(bluray), wmv. That's not to mention all containers like mkv, mp4, wtv, m4v, etc. And also the audio formats dolby digital and dts. You need to install 3rd party programs that may or may not have unlicensed decoders.

PC world said the one s was the best multimedia phone. It would not even open xvid avi files.
you can't even buy a PC and natively play all of those formats without downloading codecs and other media players to play them. who cares and whats the difference? there are tons of 3rd party apps that will play pretty much any format you can throw at it with android. i can play 1080p mkv files with dts sound on my prime if i want to with no stutters at all streamed on my network or natively...or i can hook my tablet up to the tv via hdmi and watch it on the tv.
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

knives of ice wrote:
tifosi77 wrote:Who here has an Android tablet? I'm thinking of getting an ASUS Transformer Prime, heard some very good things about it. Wondering if anyone has any experience with that specific device, but also with Android tablets in general.

i have the prime. it is without a doubt the best tablet on the market today. the ipad i had in the past is such a POS compared to this its not even funny. basically, it comes down to what operating system you prefer the closed world of IOS or android that you can do anything you can think of with.

get the keyboard dock and its basically an amazing netbook/tablet combo. there is just so much you can do with this thing anything you can think of that could improve the tablet something you wish you could do with it there is almost always a way if you really read up on forums, etc.

one thing is certain i will never ever get an apple device after my experience with this android tablet.
Wow, that's..... pretty conclusive. :thumb:

:fist:
cheesesteakwithegg
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by cheesesteakwithegg »

Battery died on my droid Bionic this morning because I forgot to charge it last night. I have an extra USB in my truck, since I will charge it in there through the sync port (though it is slow) from time to time. I am trying to charge it now on my computer (dell laptop), but it doesnt seem to be working. Anyone know a trick?
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Why can't I get Chess fwith Friends on my Droid? :(
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Battery died on my droid Bionic this morning because I forgot to charge it last night. I have an extra USB in my truck, since I will charge it in there through the sync port (though it is slow) from time to time. I am trying to charge it now on my computer (dell laptop), but it doesnt seem to be working. Anyone know a trick?
I did this ealrier in the week with my X and got no charge.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Kraftster wrote:
cheesesteakwithegg wrote:Battery died on my droid Bionic this morning because I forgot to charge it last night. I have an extra USB in my truck, since I will charge it in there through the sync port (though it is slow) from time to time. I am trying to charge it now on my computer (dell laptop), but it doesnt seem to be working. Anyone know a trick?
I did this ealrier in the week with my X and got no charge.
Weird. I charge with a wall outlet and with a usb connected to PC @ work and no issues.

I've found a ton of problems can be solved by powering down and removing the battery though. My phone was in "Car Mode" somehow and was all finnicky.. so maybe that's the issue?
stlcity

Post by stlcity »

Samsung Galaxy III looks interesting. samsung supposed to release info on May 3. Leaked specs speculate quad core processor, 12MP camera etc..

For those wanting ICS, root the phone if you are confortable. I was running ICS on the driod incredible 1 until I got the rezound few weeks ago. I think it is lot smoother than GB.
pittsports87
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by pittsports87 »

On my twitter app on my droid I haven't gotten notifications for a few months it seems for mentions or messages. I go into the settings and turn both of them on, leave the settings, and go back in and they are set back to off. I tried logging out, tried revoking the apps twitter access and logging back in, and a few other things I forget that haven't worked. Anyone else having trouble with this problem?