Box Office Wars Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Re: Box Office Wars Game Thread

Post by TheHammer24 »

relantel wrote:hammer, your claim is not entirely implausable to me - I could see Pavel doing wacky roles like this. The stickler is (and to qualify, this assumes I read the writeup correctly) THG only was shot at once. You clamimed to have seen, then shot, THG. My bullet went to THG. I only saw one missed shot.
I did not claim to shoot THG. I just assumed it was in the write up like that because I saw him that night. I assumed that Pavel then created a shot to lead into today's drama of me having to kill THG. I did not even read that I died in that initial write up.

Then, someone pointed out that THG killed me and I was resurrected. And you claimed to shoot THG. Then, the write up makes even more sense -- you shot THG and missed -- highlanders cannot die. THG killed me in anger, but I was resurrected immediately per my highlander role. If I am lynched, I resurrect at night. If I am killed by the reds, I resurrect immediately.

In fact, I think the write up lends credence to me being a good guy. Rel shot THG and missed. THG blamed me (a fellow [albeit eventual] good guy). The reds then were the ones that had to take aim at me. They put in a kill with Pavel for me, and it was executed through THG (the bad guy). I ressurect immediately, and THG either can't be killed or has something similar. Thus leading to today's battle .

I think this is the strongest argument beyond my admittedly naked claims, that I am the good Highlander and THG is the bad Highlander.

Why else would a red kill be carried out by THG?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

If I am lynched, I resurrect at night. If I am killed by the reds, I resurrect immediately.
^ This is pre-highlander battle. Post highlander I can be lynched but never killed at night.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Hammer is beginning to sound more honest. My primary remaining concern is that Hammer could win the game outright. And I'd still like to hear from thg.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

^ LOL - AND the green kill was carried out by me in the write up!!!!

So, if you accept my initial Highlander assertion, which I think most of you think is likely/plausible, then I think you have to agree that I'm the good one and THG is the bad one.

There were two kills last night Relantel shot THG and The Reds shot The Hammer.

THG and Hammer can't die. Before they find each other and battle. I found THG first, now I must get him lynched or die. (If THG found me first, I assume he'd have to have done the same). If I win, I join the town. Thus, I assume that if THG wins, he joins the reds.

Rel's kill of THG was carried out by The Hammerin the write up.

The Reds' kill of The Hammer was carried out by THG.

Thus, if one of us goes red and one of us goes green, the write up would seem to indicate that I'm telling the truth.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Edit: We know Rel shot THG. I assume that the Reds shot me because (1) The Reds had a kill, and (2) I did indeed die and resurrect immediately as my role indicates I do.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:Edit: We know Rel shot THG. I assume that the Reds shot me because (1) The Reds had a kill, and (2) I did indeed die and resurrect immediately as my role indicates I do.
This is what I was trying to get at by asking rel if he killed one of columbia or canaan. If he did not, it seems we have a third person/faction who can kill.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Kraftster wrote:Hammer is beginning to sound more honest. My primary remaining concern is that Hammer could win the game outright. And I'd still like to hear from thg.
He could be a highlander, but still not be blue/green. and why use the pink color in the role claim post?

(as we've found before, most times if not green, is not for the village. may not be for the reds either.

though with the slew of greens already dead - we're behind the 8 ball as it is. I thought we'd learn from a thg kill since the no lynch the other day. Instead it has caused far more confusion.

Maybe Kraftster's earlier suggestion is the route out - lynch thg now. village can lynch hammer tomorrow if it doesn't check out. or even if it does, and we think he is yellow, we could still vote him out.

though some of me wonders, with thg not around, that maybe the possibility exists that hammer has framed his claim to get a good-inclined thg out of the game.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:Edit: We know Rel shot THG. I assume that the Reds shot me because (1) The Reds had a kill, and (2) I did indeed die and resurrect immediately as my role indicates I do.
This is what I was trying to get at by asking rel if he killed one of columbia or canaan. If he did not, it seems we have a third person/faction who can kill.
Agreed. I'd be cautious answering you though because I'm super weary of you and you've searched for a lot of information this day phase and then made suggestions that, based on the information you solicited, would help the reds a lot.

As such, I'd be cautious answering night-phase questions that Kraft asks.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

Kraftster wrote:
I didn't take any shots that night, no.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

relantel wrote:
though some of me wonders, with thg not around, that maybe the possibility exists that hammer has framed his claim to get a good-inclined thg out of the game.
Exactly.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

The only thing with thg, he was around for the first vote against him and didn't say anything substantial to make me think he was green or try to prevent his killing. Just throwing that out there.

I'm fine with either one.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

relantel wrote: Maybe Kraftster's earlier suggestion is the route out - lynch thg now. village can lynch hammer tomorrow if it doesn't check out. or even if it does, and we think he is yellow, we could still vote him out.
^ That was NAN's suggestion, but I agree with the logic behind it.
He could be a highlander, but still not be blue/green. and why use the pink color in the role claim post?
Because it's a new role. We're conditionally good/bad. We have a goal first before we turn to a different color. I didn't make the color up.
Knowing I had to lynch someone the next day, I was searching problematic people hoping the lynch the next day would be easier. I went MWB (night 1), Loaf, Kraft, THG. Also, THG posted twice right before the role claim. If I was motivated by your argument, I'd go after Slappy or Loaf (earlier). Like I said, I had no heat on me and I don't care if you vote redwill. There was no motivation for a false role claim.

Finally, the write up is only about me and THG and I explained to you with very precise language exactly why it went the way it did.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I don't understand why hammer would come out with all thi when he did. Is he trying to protect redwill from his lynching?

Also, I am the "cop" (green). The pm had it in quotes and green. I was told everyone would either come back as town or not town. So far everyone has come back as not town. Benny was my first look, so when he came back as not town I thougt he was bad. I think my "power" is basically useless, unless I have to see someone in particular. Just trying to get as many cards on the table so maybe someone can make sense of things.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:I don't understand why hammer would come out with all thi when he did. Is he trying to protect redwill from his lynching?

Also, I am the "cop" (green). The pm had it in quotes and green. I was told everyone would either come back as town or not town. So far everyone has come back as not town. Benny was my first look, so when he came back as not town I thougt he was bad. I think my "power" is basically useless, unless I have to see someone in particular. Just trying to get as many cards on the table so maybe someone can make sense of things.
Raise your hand if you don't have a role, lol.

If that's the case, why don't we just lynch THG, then when I turn to a townie, you can vouch for me to the village? And why didn't you think of this yourself?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:I don't understand why hammer would come out with all thi when he did. Is he trying to protect redwill from his lynching?
Because my first role, the Pink role, is to find The Krugan and kill him. If I don't kill him as soon as I find in (the following the day), I die instantly and the The Krugan wins the Battle of the Highlanders, and presumably comes bad. If I win the Battle I become a townie.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

"Everyone has come back as not town"? Wha...?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

I found THG now I have to kill him. If I let Redwill die, I would have died as well and THG would have presumably become a red.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:

Raise your hand if you don't have a role, lol.

If that's the case, why don't we just lynch THG, then when I turn to a townie, you can vouch for me to the village? And why didn't you think of this yourself?
How could I vouch for you? Everyone I see comes back the same.
Crpl_Klinger
Junior 'A'
Junior 'A'

Post by Crpl_Klinger »

So wait... benny came back as "not town" and then he was just a normal townie? I don't get it...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Gaucho wrote:"Everyone has come back as not town"? Wha...?
Yes. No color, just not town. I think I'm just the fake cop, which was a role in an earlier game. Basically made to think I've got power, but am really nothing.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

So why can't we just kill redwill today, let thehammer die, and just kill THG tomorrow?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

MWB wrote:
Gaucho wrote:"Everyone has come back as not town"? Wha...?
Yes. No color, just not town. I think I'm just the fake cop, which was a role in an earlier game. Basically made to think I've got power, but am really nothing.
There's definitely roles in this game in which players have no idea what powers they actually have -- i.e. the traitor that was green but was going to turn red.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I'm lost.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

shafnutz05 wrote:So why can't we just kill redwill today, let thehammer die, and just kill THG tomorrow?
Does hammer die if we don't kill thg?
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

shafnutz05 wrote:So why can't we just kill redwill today, let thehammer die, and just kill THG tomorrow?
Why wouldn't you do it the opposite way? Kill THG now, see the write up (have someone investigate me or something), and Kill Redwill tomorrow then kill me if you don't believe me, kill me. I'm totally okay with dying, just don't let me die via failure to lynch THG.

I think I made the best case for me being the good highlander and THG the bad one by pointing out that the red kill was executed by THG and the green kill was executed by me.