How many of you own a droid?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: How many of you own a droid?

Post by mac5155 »

Loaf31 wrote:We are actually thinking of keeping it active as a kind of "home phone" with the basic features until I can cancel without penalty in July
If it'd only be $10 a month then it's worth just waiting it out. Chances are the penalty would be at least $100.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I;m thinking about going from iPhone on ATT to Galaxy Nexus on Verizon.. I'm afraid to lose my unlimited data but they have the double data plan right now at Verizon. 4GB is about what I use monthly.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:Yeah, my phone is having issues like lag, keyboard not working, random reboots, and so on. It's probably not the best test platform. :lol:
I've been having keyboard issues with my X and it's 1.5 years old...hope it holds out until September.
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

mac5155 wrote:
Loaf31 wrote:We are actually thinking of keeping it active as a kind of "home phone" with the basic features until I can cancel without penalty in July
If it'd only be $10 a month then it's worth just waiting it out. Chances are the penalty would be at least $100.
Thats what we are thinking. I believe my early termination fee is $175
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

Digitalgypsy66 wrote:
knives of ice wrote:Recently got the transformer prime tablet running ice cream sandwich. Awesome device so so much better than the ipad in my opinion but that basically comes down to if you like android better. The keyboard dock you can get for it rules
Google finally released Chrome for Android - only on Ice Cream sandwich though. Check it out and review it for me. ;)

yeah i've been using it for weeks. its great SUPER fast. the only negatives are no support for flash, and there never will be i guess. one awesome thing is it syncs all your bookmarks and tabs with your browser chrome or across any computers you use chrome. no doubt chrome will soon be the default browser.

with the tablet i like browsers that i can change the user agent from android to a desktop view so it doesn't auto open mobile sites though so i tend to use ice cream sandwich plus to browse.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

Loaf31 wrote:
mac5155 wrote:
Thats what we are thinking. I believe my early termination fee is $175

Had this issue with the X as well. It should hold up until then.

I also bought the motorola recarge pack for $40 since the battery can not be removed on the razr maxx. I let it run down to 15% on purpose so I could give the pack a try. It only got me up to 50% before the recarger ran out of juice. I had a ton of software and app updates today so it ran the phone down pretty hard. Tomorrow will be the true test on how long I can go through the day.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Without looking through this thread..does anyone have the galaxy nexus?
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

Anyone else have the Maxx? Think I'm picking one up today
Loaf31
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Loaf31 »

So far the MAXX is simply awesome
tifosi77
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by tifosi77 »

Have a Droid X2 that's been misbehaving a bit lately. My WiFi is all schizoid; I'll lose connectivity to whatever network I'm on for no apparent reason and WiFi will shut off on the phone. I'll even lose my home network when the phone is sitting on the desk about 14" from the router. This problem started about 2 months ago and it's getting to be pretty annoying.

Any suggestions?
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

Loaf31 wrote:So far the MAXX is simply awesome

Mine was going fine for about a week. Just started having some issues right now. I have to manually refresh my internet and I'm starting to get low connectivity on my network. I think I am going to have to take it in for some troubleshooting sometime in the next few days.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

CERV96 wrote:

Mine was going fine for about a week. Just started having some issues right now. I have to manually refresh my internet and I'm starting to get low connectivity on my network. I think I am going to have to take it in for some troubleshooting sometime in the next few days.
Before you go to the store... Have you tried to boot into recovery and wipe cache or dalvik cache? The issues you are experiencing are usually based on several things from memory or processor usage, but the most common is that stock roms do a terrible job of caching and have scripts for managing how programs are run, stablity issues, etc. These issues usually go away if you turn the phone off for an hour or so at night, so it could be that simple, as well.

If you are adventurous, you may want to explore root options. It voids your warranty, but in 99% of cases you can get support from developers... it might cost you a buck or two in an app purchase, but is consistently worth avoiding hassle of going to the VZW store and talking to someone who knows more about iphones than Android.
CERV96
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by CERV96 »

Pitt87 wrote:
CERV96 wrote:

Before you go to the store... Have you tried to boot into recovery and wipe cache or dalvik cache? The issues you are experiencing are usually based on several things from memory or processor usage, but the most common is that stock roms do a terrible job of caching and have scripts for managing how programs are run, stablity issues, etc. These issues usually go away if you turn the phone off for an hour or so at night, so it could be that simple, as well.

If you are adventurous, you may want to explore root options. It voids your warranty, but in 99% of cases you can get support from developers... it might cost you a buck or two in an app purchase, but is consistently worth avoiding hassle of going to the VZW store and talking to someone who knows more about iphones than Android.

So I did some research and found out you can simulate a battery pull by holding the volume down button and power button at the same time since you can not remove the battery. This fixed my email issue. I also toggled the mobile network on and off in the data manger. Everything now works fine.
Pitt87
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star
Location: Admin wrote:Rooting for the Flyers is not allowed here. Seriously.

Post by Pitt87 »

CERV96 wrote:
Pitt87 wrote:
CERV96 wrote:

So I did some research and found out you can simulate a battery pull by holding the volume down button and power button at the same time since you can not remove the battery. This fixed my email issue. I also toggled the mobile network on and off in the data manger. Everything now works fine.
Thats good to know... thanks for the update.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Thinking of going from iPhone to Android for a change...

I have 2 options. Stay w/ ATT, keep my unlimited plan, get throttled most likely.

Switch to Verizon, kind of screw my fiancee over into either paying an ETF or similar, and making her also buy a new phone.

I think I should just stay w/ ATT. I am looking into the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on ATT. Does anyone have their 4G LTE coverage around here? Looks like it's just plain jane 4G, not LTE... which has me wondering if it's worth it.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

mac5155 wrote:Thinking of going from iPhone to Android for a change...

I have 2 options. Stay w/ ATT, keep my unlimited plan, get throttled most likely.

Switch to Verizon, kind of screw my fiancee over into either paying an ETF or similar, and making her also buy a new phone.

I think I should just stay w/ ATT. I am looking into the Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket on ATT. Does anyone have their 4G LTE coverage around here? Looks like it's just plain jane 4G, not LTE... which has me wondering if it's worth it.
If you switch now verizon is offering twice the data for the same price.

http://www.verizonwireless.com/b2c/plans/?page=single" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

I saw that. I am so tempted to switch but I just don't think it's feasible with our current contract situation right now.
PenguinSteve-o
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by PenguinSteve-o »

DROID people. When I get a group text message, when I reply it goes to everyone in that group text message. I use GO SMS, anyone else? I want to just reply to sender instead of everyone and that option isnt anywhere.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:DROID people. When I get a group text message, when I reply it goes to everyone in that group text message. I use GO SMS, anyone else? I want to just reply to sender instead of everyone and that option isnt anywhere.

I use Handcent SMS and have never had that problem
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

Are ya'll on Verizon? no ATT Droid users?
thepittman
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by thepittman »

This thread needs renamed to andriod.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

PenguinSteve-o wrote:DROID people. When I get a group text message, when I reply it goes to everyone in that group text message. I use GO SMS, anyone else? I want to just reply to sender instead of everyone and that option isnt anywhere.
Yeah, I get that too. I'll get random replies from other people in the group message too.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Ordered my Razor Maxx yesterday. Today they tell me it's not shipping untill next week
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

stopper40 wrote:Ordered my Razor Maxx yesterday. Today they tell me it's not shipping untill next week
Looking forward to your review.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Did something happen to the market place. My icon is missing and I have no idea how to access it?