Tombstone Warz Game Thread

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Re: Tombstone Warz Game Thread

Post by Gaucho »

relantel wrote:I don't share Gaucho's fear.
But it is a possibility.

In any case, with only 15 participants, the village can ill-afford to make many mistakes.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

TheHammer24 wrote:
I just think we're making way too much of MWB's non-kill. Kraft (from this post and the other one), it's clear Krafster didn't go protect him. I think night one was predetermined non-kill.
How is it clear? I'm not sure if he protected me, but there was a certain amount of insinuation he did. Doesn't make a lot if sense though. I still think the most likely scenario is the no night one kill.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Well, unless the reds went out of their way to get it, it gets found out, it's a pretty quick game over. However the adverse to that would be that everyone trusts the Sheriff and he's a red but nobody inspects/kills him thinking that it's fine elsewhere.

I think I'm in the middle of leaning towards either way, but I'm not opposed to that idea.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Kraftster wrote:
TheHammer24 wrote:Lynch Willie Kool

:evil: :evil: Take that! :evil: :evil:

I suppose I started the MWB is blue trend. Regardless, at least almost certainly know he's good, and we didn't know that about the other 14 people. Also, beyond MWB being the angel, being protected by the angel, or being a protected red, isn't it possible that the game was predetermined not to have a kill on night one so we could have a sheriff? Maybe that would be an unfair twist.

Don't really get the redwill votes.
This was my thought also. I just do not believe SDD's intentional use of blue was designed to confuse. I'm reading it as its written. MWB is blue, i.e., not the angel.
I just took Kraft at his word here, knowing now, he's the angel. I suppose there's a possibility that this was a mislead, but it really doesn't seem like one.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

That's three votes from NAN now (going back to yesterday) without any explanation or detail as to why he's voting that way. Yesterday he voted for mac, later switched to WK late in the bandwagon, and today voted for me without any additional evidence/explaining.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Gaucho wrote:
But it is a possibility.

In any case, with only 15 participants, the village can ill-afford to make many mistakes.
There is no denying it's a possibility. And MWB is canny enough to try something like that. I just think it's a job for the seer to investigate.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

TheHammer24 wrote: isn't it possible that the game was predetermined not to have a kill on night one so we could have a sheriff?
We could have had a sheriff either way. Just sayin.

Aw, what the hell... let TheHammer ride the rail
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shaf hasn't saddled up for my "guns blazing" attack on MWB. :( Not a word, even.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Well, unless the reds went out of their way to get it, it gets found out, it's a pretty quick game over. However the adverse to that would be that everyone trusts the Sheriff and he's a red but nobody inspects/kills him thinking that it's fine elsewhere.

I think I'm in the middle of leaning towards either way, but I'm not opposed to that idea.
So is one theory that I'm red, was kill/saved to appear good on night one, so I could then be elected sheriff?
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

redwill wrote:shaf hasn't saddled up for my "guns blazing" attack on MWB. :( Not a word, even.
I had to go to a doctor's appt downstairs :oops:

lynch MWB

I am sticking to my guns, and thanks for the support. There is just too much stuff that doesn't make sense to me right now.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

whoever of the baddies called for the kill on kraftster was able to blatantly read through his spiel on night protections and what not if im reading correctly--a pretty deft move.

my suspicions/thoughts:

benny fitz has a good grasp of the concept of the game and seems comfortable flaunting lines from the movie. im unsure that its because he knows something or if hes just excited to have a game theme that suits his fancy.

columbia is smart enough to make the call on kraftster, but unless he is the head of the baddies, i cant see him being forceful enough to persuade others to commit over that remark (or im just completely off)

Gaucho isnt a bad player. i always grow suspicious of any player who loves dropping doomsday comments like "if we dont get a baddy here, were reamed". the "ill-afford to make many mistakes" kind of posts always bug me.

i have no reading on relantel atm. that bugs me.

shafnutz seems like his normal fumbly, bumbly accusatory self. not sure if its an act or on purpose.

all in all, im gonna go with stringin' up columbia at the moment.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

MWB wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

So is one theory that I'm red, was kill/saved to appear good on night one, so I could then be elected sheriff?
Yes. You like? :D
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Gaucho wrote:
MWB wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Yes. You like? :D
No, because the sheriff role wasn't announced until after the kill attempt had been made on me.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

I see. No, I meant it more like an icing on the cake sort of thing. The reds couldn't have planned it that way, of course.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Gaucho wrote:I see. No, I meant it more like an icing on the cake sort of thing. The reds couldn't have planned it that way, of course.
Of course.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

shafnutz05 wrote:
redwill wrote:shaf hasn't saddled up for my "guns blazing" attack on MWB. :( Not a word, even.
I had to go to a doctor's appt downstairs :oops:

lynch MWB

I am sticking to my guns, and thanks for the support. There is just too much stuff that doesn't make sense to me right now.
I think a red would be most scared of things not making sense right now. They attempted to kill and didn't succeed.

Kill shaf.
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Lynch Redwill

Like I said, I could go Shad or PFDIC too. But I think it's strange that Redwill brazenly just blurted Lynch MWB right off the bat. Like I said earlier, the reds should be scared of an attempted to kill-gone-wrong on MWB.

I see no reason to vote for MWB yet either. He's been flagged. The seer should or should have already looked into him. If you get into trouble, you know you can kill him later in the game, as the case on him starts to lean one way of the other. At that point, you can likely sort out his defenders attackers too. The only difference 3 reds or 2 reds in the village make right now is 1 lynch vote, which isn't that valuable given that there are still 13 players left. When that number gets down to 7, I think you should start getting worried.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Vote count:

MWB - 1 (redwill)
Shafnutz05 – 3 (Benny Fitz, nan, MWB)
PFiDC - 1 (mac5155)
TheHammer24 – 1 (Gaucho)
Columbia – 1 (canaan)
Redwill – 1(Hammer)

Deadline is 7PM.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

I just awoke from a nap.
Glad to see K-9 decided to join us; not so excited about being strung up, however.
I'll have to reread to catch up.

anytime shad is remotely assertive in these games, he seems bad.
not a vote, just a comment,
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Forgot to mention about Doc Holliday's tombstone. He was shipped back home to his family, so their is no gravestone in Tombstone. By the time the news of what was placed on his marker arrives in town, this game will be over. :pop:
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

canaan wrote: columbia is smart enough to make the call on kraftster, but unless he is the head of the baddies, i cant see him being forceful enough to persuade others to commit over that remark (or im just completely off)
If I were red and had picked out Kraftster based his comments, I probably would have laid low, instead of saying this right after his death:
columbia wrote:That certainly explains krafty's maneuvering yesterday.
Granted, that would be a pretty slick way to play as a red and I might steal that for a game in 2014. :pop:
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

The more I think of it, the more I like canaan's late-arriving analysis. Also, I want to curry favor with TH24.

release MWB
lynch columbia
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Shafnutz05 – 3 (Benny Fitz, nan, MWB)
PFiDC - 1 (mac5155)
TheHammer24 – 1 (Gaucho)
columbia – 2 (canaan, redwill)
Redwill – 1(Hammer)
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

redwill wrote:The more I think of it, the more I like canaan's late-arriving analysis. Also, I want to curry favor with TH24.

release MWB
lynch columbia
Lol :fist:

I'm way to emotionally attached to this game. I quite literally got sad when Gaucho voted for me and, again, literally smiled when you wanted to "curry favor" from me.

This is a long way from the crying the fetal position I did when I got bandwagoned in my first ever Warz.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

redwill wrote:The more I think of it, the more I like canaan's late-arriving analysis. Also, I want to curry favor with TH24.
Are you expecting some legal trouble in the state of Illinois?