Re: Tombstone Warz Game Thread

Post by newarenanow »

lynch mac
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

shafnutz05 wrote:Hmm....the early votes for redwill are quite intriguing to me.

I shared the same sentiments as redwill regarding MWB being portrayed as blue in the write-up. It doesn't jive. I'm not saying he isn't blue, but it's just really weird that he was outed as such. Not to mention the fact that if he is blue, he was even protected the first night. Assuming there was a kill, the good angel (again, assuming there is one) had a 1 in 15 chance to protect the person that just so happened to be targeted by the reds for killing.

Questioning these weird first day happenings, to me, is hardly suspicious. The fact that it's coming from redwill, a seasoned player, isn't surprising at all, and I agree with him to an extent. For all I know, the MWB = blue thing might be a completely innocent thing in the writeup, but it's just very unusual.

I would be very wary of those that attempt to start eliminating the most skilled players based on the above logic.
What are the alternatives, though?

1) The reds tried to pull some crazy maneuver to clear MWB by both protecting and killing him? Highly unlikely.
2) MWB is the green angel and the reds happened to hit him? A 1 in 15 shot, i.e., just as unlikely as the angel happening to protect the target on Night 1.

Option 2) fails to account for MWB being colored as blue, making the option that MWB is a blue who was protected somehow the most likely scenario. SDD deliberately chose to color MWB blue. If he did that, I doubt it was to mislead us. I also think its possible that the game design involved a failed kill on night 1 just to set up the factions/story.

I think the most likely red is someone who has not entered the fray on either side (why rock the boat on Day 1)?

So, I am going to look over those names and pick one.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Lynch Willie Kool.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

2) MWB is the green angel and the reds happened to hit him? A 1 in 15 shot, i.e., just as unlikely as the angel happening to protect the target on Night 1.
1 in 12 shot actually.

Just for the record:
The angel protecting himself from a red kill is far, far more likely than the angel protecting a blue, whom the reds happened to go after. Both in general and most certainly on Night 1.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Kraftster wrote: 2) MWB is the green angel and the reds happened to hit him? A 1 in 15 shot, i.e., just as unlikely as the angel happening to protect the target on Night 1.
The latter is way more unlikely, except if the angel has the power to protect whoever happens to be the target on Night 1.
Gaucho
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by Gaucho »

Ah yes, what columbia said.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Well, I guess I've never understood the thinking of protecting yourself on Night 1. In most games the angel cannot protect himself on consecutive nights. If I am red, I always assume that the angel is exposed on even nights because most of the time the angel protects himself on Night 1, thus setting up a 3, 5, 7, etc. protection sequence.

I guess the unstated premise of my conclusion that they are equally likely is "assuming its equally likely that the angel would protect himself or someone else." You guys don't agree with that, and, you're probably right that its more likely the angel protected himself. I just don't see SDD misleading us.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

columbia wrote:
1 in 12 shot actually.
Good point.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

in redwill's defense, I think he is being strung up for responding to my post that we could not assume he was blue.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

* where he = MWB
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

I dunno...I just find it bizarre that MWB was outed as blue in the writeup. Don't think it's a valid reason to go after Redwill.

One thing is for sure, we need participation from more than just half the group.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Vote count:

Willie Kool - 2 (Gaucho, Kraftster)
redwill - 2 (columbia, PFIDC)
PFIDC - 1 (shafnutz05)
mac5155 - 1 (NAN)
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

relantel wrote:in redwill's defense, I think he is being strung up for responding to my post that we could not assume he was blue.
I agree rel. I don't see anything really suspicious in redwill's comments.
Kraftster wrote: 2) MWB is the green angel and the reds happened to hit him? A 1 in 15 shot, i.e., just as unlikely as the angel happening to protect the target on Night 1.
MWB being the angel seems to be the most likely scenario. Seems like Kraftster is the one trying to spread confusion.
Lynch Kraftster
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

My thoughts are this:

I'm assuming MWB is the angel. I think most people that are in that role would protect themselves on Night 1, because you have no idea reds will target, and it's a giant crap shoot.

As for the name being in blue, I don't think the mods intended anything with that. I went through some of the past game threads and it seems that there is no rhyme or reason with color when the person is mentioned in the wrtieup, only when they are killed and it reveals what they were.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Vote count:

Willie Kool - 2 (Gaucho, Kraftster)
PFIDC - 1 (shafnutz05)
mac5155 - 1 (NAN)
Kraftster - 1 (Willie Kool)

Deadline is 12PM.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Willie Kool wrote:MWB being the angel seems to be the most likely scenario. Seems like Kraftster is the one trying to spread confusion.
Lynch Kraftster
he already said he wasnt the angel.

he = MWB
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Benny Fitz wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:MWB being the angel seems to be the most likely scenario. Seems like Kraftster is the one trying to spread confusion.
Lynch Kraftster

he = MWB
If you were the angel, would you want to be outed on day 1? I would say I wasn't the angel too, even if I was.
Benny Fitz
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by Benny Fitz »

Willie Kool wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:
Lynch Kraftster

he = MWB
If you were the angel, would you want to be outed on day 1? I would say I wasn't the angel too, even if I was.
ah, i see. so you're re-outting him? brilliant!
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

^were
TheHammer24
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by TheHammer24 »

Lynch Willie Kool

:evil: :evil: Take that! :evil: :evil:

I suppose I started the MWB is blue trend. Regardless, at least almost certainly know he's good, and we didn't know that about the other 14 people. Also, beyond MWB being the angel, being protected by the angel, or being a protected red, isn't it possible that the game was predetermined not to have a kill on night one so we could have a sheriff? Maybe that would be an unfair twist.

Don't really get the redwill votes.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Benny Fitz wrote:
Willie Kool wrote:
Benny Fitz wrote:
Lynch Kraftster

he = MWB
ah, i see. so you're re-outting him? brilliant!
Yeah, OK, everyone else believes his denial? Just saying how I would play it.
Willie Kool
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Willie Kool »

Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

TheHammer24 wrote:Lynch Willie Kool

:evil: :evil: Take that! :evil: :evil:

I suppose I started the MWB is blue trend. Regardless, at least almost certainly know he's good, and we didn't know that about the other 14 people. Also, beyond MWB being the angel, being protected by the angel, or being a protected red, isn't it possible that the game was predetermined not to have a kill on night one so we could have a sheriff? Maybe that would be an unfair twist.

Don't really get the redwill votes.
This was my thought also. I just do not believe SDD's intentional use of blue was designed to confuse. I'm reading it as its written. MWB is blue, i.e., not the angel.
columbia
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by columbia »

<spittoon shot>

I believe we have a game here.
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Vote count:

Willie Kool - 3 (Gaucho, Kraftster, TheHammer24)
PFIDC - 1 (shafnutz05)
mac5155 - 1 (NAN)
Kraftster - 1 (Willie Kool)

Deadline is 12PM.