The Battle of Gettysburg **Game Thread**

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: The Battle of Gettysburg **Game Thread**

Post by Troy Loney »

I feel better about voting either bhaw or litt. I think it's pretty telling that they're both pushing for the quiet people or the noob (sdd) right now.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Troy Loney wrote:
bhaw wrote:If IE, rylan, or ps87 aren't going to talk, I think they need to be killed. If we miss, that means the reds don't have to do anything and the game may never end.

Question is, who is the best of those 3?

ps87 has nothing to go on, rylan has nearly nothing, ie talked at the beginning but hasn't voted in a while. It sucks b/c it's basically a random guess.
not really. look at the initial vote. ps87 went after epp early on and so did IE. so if you refuse to vote for anyone but those three, you should go with rylan. the only thing throwing a wrench into that, is if one of them was columbia's partner that got darksided when we killed his ***.
Just checked that vote, ps87 was second, IE fifth and rylan sixth on that vote. I don't see the EPP vote clearing IE and rylan. Any of them could be bad imo.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Troy Loney wrote:I feel better about voting either bhaw or litt. I think it's pretty telling that they're both pushing for the quiet people or the noob (sdd) right now.
like i said, I'm blue. So killing me doesn't kill off a green, but it won't help.

I don't know what part of my logic is bad for the village. At the end of the day, feel free to take me out, but it's an uphill battle with no participation from 1/2 the players.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

Troy Loney wrote:I feel better about voting either bhaw or litt. I think it's pretty telling that they're both pushing for the quiet people or the noob (sdd) right now.
this statement is a self fulfilling prophecy. if we were quiet you would say that you feel better about our vote because were quiet. you think we are bad because we are stating what we think may be happening. and your justification for the vote on me is that i have been quiet too and dropping in when there is a vote which seems a little contradictory.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Columbia vote from earlier:
thehockeyguru wrote:
(6) - Columbia - (Bhaw, Kraftster, Slappy, TL, Zaro, TWC, LITT)
(1) - Slappy - (SDD)

7 to Fire Upon

Deadline at 8PM
So the people left who didn't vote for Columbia are IE, Rylan, MWB, ps87, and SDD. I stated that I wanted to vote for Columbia, but the vote didn't happen when I as around. SDD couldn't be the brother, unless he came back as blue in that event as well (very unlikely). I think IE, Rylan or ps87 is the other mason. Unfortunately, as others have said, with so little history from each of them it's hard to tell. If it's one of those three, I still think it's IE. PS87 has just two posts, both votes. Rylan had a bunch of posts early, then nothing for basically a week. I don't think that would happen if he had a role.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:reading back thru, kraftster had a post that contained this
SDD seems to be too out in the open to have a role, imo.
with sdd coming back blue and the red leader still out there, would it possible that he was throwing this out there to take heat off SDD at the time when people were gingerly discussing him?
This comes across as pretty red though.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
the wicked child wrote:fire upon kraftster

Don't believe it was a coincidence that he was "protected".
we said the same with redwill tho
And there's also this.
The more I read LITT's post, the more suspicious he seems. He's eager to push the IE angle, maybe because he knows others will go for it as well. Also maybe why he put a fairly early vote on her this phase, thinking it would take off quickly.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

thats a reach. i was early on the redwill vote because i saw the protection as him being red. i thought it was a good vote. when he came back blue, i didnt want people to rush into a vote on a protected person because it happened once before and they came back blue. just want to encourage people to see what is going on and obeserve teh pattern cuz maybe there was something protecting a sect of blues?
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

I have no idea who to vote for but I feel we should vote for someone who hasn't been participating so the game moves along better. People also need to start putting in a vote.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I'm going to go off the columbia vote and say LITT likely isn't red. For all the reds knew, if the last vote was red, the consequences of killing columbia would have affected them and not the blue side. That's a big risk for a red to take to be the last vote when it could have been a bomb or something like that. Columbia specifically warned that whoever killed him would get a disadvantage. Just my thoughts on LITT and looking at the columbia vote.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:thats a reach. i was early on the redwill vote because i saw the protection as him being red. i thought it was a good vote. when he came back blue, i didnt want people to rush into a vote on a protected person because it happened once before and they came back blue. just want to encourage people to see what is going on and obeserve teh pattern cuz maybe there was something protecting a sect of blues?
That was the first vote on Kraftster, and this was also in the middle of the whole columbia thing, so it's very unlikely that any vote was going to take off.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

hmm, i guess he was 6th out of 7. Forgot that was a deadline, not a limit reached vote.

Logic still stands. I think the village would have gotten the brother if the last voter was red. Up for discussion though.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

bhaw wrote:I'm going to go off the columbia vote and say LITT likely isn't red. For all the reds knew, if the last vote was red, the consequences of killing columbia would have affected them and not the blue side. That's a big risk for a red to take to be the last vote when it could have been a bomb or something like that. Columbia specifically warned that whoever killed him would get a disadvantage. Just my thoughts on LITT and looking at the columbia vote.
I see what you're saying, but I took columbia's claim all along to be that if he was voted off, it would help the reds and if he was killed by reds, it would help the greens. In that line of thinking, it's even more damning to LITT. If he also thought that way, it would have been an incentive to have him kill off columbia as a red.

shoot litt
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

Good point. after looking at the vote, i do see it as more incriminating for LITT.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

My take on the remaining players:

1. IrishEyes - unsure. seems possibly bad because of lack of participation and desire to stay under radar. possibly columbia's brother.
2. Zarovich - no idea
3. Rylan - burst of participation at the start, then nothing. probably blue
4. bhaw - no idea
5. MWB - good
6. Troy Loney - probably good given his early vote on kraftster
7. Letang Is The Truth - probably bad
8. pittsports87 - two posts, both votes... who knows
9. Sam's Drunk Dog - cleared as blue. could be red leader, however, also put in a first vote on kraftster earlier in the game. very unlikely columbia's brother.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

MWB wrote:
bhaw wrote:I'm going to go off the columbia vote and say LITT likely isn't red. For all the reds knew, if the last vote was red, the consequences of killing columbia would have affected them and not the blue side. That's a big risk for a red to take to be the last vote when it could have been a bomb or something like that. Columbia specifically warned that whoever killed him would get a disadvantage. Just my thoughts on LITT and looking at the columbia vote.
I see what you're saying, but I took columbia's claim all along to be that if he was voted off, it would help the reds and if he was killed by reds, it would help the greens. In that line of thinking, it's even more damning to LITT. If he also thought that way, it would have been an incentive to have him kill off columbia as a red.

shoot litt
how do you know how the vote would work on columbia? his answers gave no indication about what would happen, just that he could be green or red
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

shoot everyone
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:
MWB wrote:

shoot litt
how do you know how the vote would work on columbia? his answers gave no indication about what would happen, just that he could be green or red
I bolded the parts in my post to show it's speculation, not that I know how it would have turned out.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

Anyone have a count? THG?
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

(2) IE - (LITT, SDD)
(2) LITT - (Troy,MWB)
(1) Rylan - (Bhaw)

Did it myself.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

yeah, people who have refrained from voting need to actually participate this time.
Zarovich
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Zarovich »

IE hasn't posted in the game thread since columbia was killed but has posted elsewhere. I really do believe she is the other mason.

fire upon IE
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

My only hesitation in voting for ie is that litt also voted for her. So probably just one is bad.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

MWB wrote:My only hesitation in voting for ie is that litt also voted for her. So probably just one is bad.
unless u bad...
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

Strongbad checking the email.