How many of you own a droid?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: How many of you own a droid?

Post by count2infinity »

when i first had swype i thought, wow, this is awesome. and then i realized that i was much slower swyping than i was just typing, so i switched back and now that i have swiftkeys it's even quicker
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Hmm, the main thing I love about swipe is being able to type faster (and at all) with one hand on the phone.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Kraftster wrote:Hmm, the main thing I love about swipe is being able to type faster (and at all) with one hand on the phone.
Combined with your warz post this morning, I get this picture of you driving with one hand on the wheel and the other on your phone. :scared:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I can type faster than I ever could with swype. What you haven't experienced Kraft, is with swift key, it auto corrects and learns how you type. So essentially, as you use the program more, you can make sentences out of words that you would say rather than having to actually type.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

the wicked child wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Hmm, the main thing I love about swipe is being able to type faster (and at all) with one hand on the phone.
Combined with your warz post this morning, I get this picture of you driving with one hand on the wheel and the other on your phone. :scared:
Haha, I am pretty good about not using my phone in the car, only for serious stuff like warz games.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Malkamaniac wrote:I can type faster than I ever could with swype. What you haven't experienced Kraft, is with swift key, it auto corrects and learns how you type. So essentially, as you use the program more, you can make sentences out of words that you would say rather than having to actually type.
Like what? Like, "this dude generally hits 'r' when he meansto hit 't'?"
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Kraftster wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I can type faster than I ever could with swype. What you haven't experienced Kraft, is with swift key, it auto corrects and learns how you type. So essentially, as you use the program more, you can make sentences out of words that you would say rather than having to actually type.
Like what? Like, "this dude generally hits 'r' when he meansto hit 't'?"
I'm calibrated to fast typer, makes lots of mistakes. It ends up assuming what I was going to say after I learned from it. It's hard to explain, but you'd be amazed once it's learned your tendencies.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

another thing i like about swiftkeys is when you use the voice function, it gives you 3 options as to what you mean rather than just guessing and going with whatever it guesses.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

DocEmrick wrote:Just downloaded Swiftkey beta.

Awesomeness. :thumb:
what do you use for the space bar option?
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Google removed several console emulators, due to pressure from Sony and Nintendo. They are available elsewhere, but not through the Android Market.

http://www.wired.com/gadgetlab/2011/06/ ... open/all/1" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Sam's Drunk Dog
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Sam's Drunk Dog »

How safe are keyboard apps like Swiftkey and Swype? Would anyone that I wouldn't want to be able to see what I'm typing if I use the apps?
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Not sure what happened, but Swiftkey didn't play nice today and I moved back to better keyboard 8. The layout seems better on better keyboard 8, Swiftkey was putting in some crazy words and I have no idea how they came up with them.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

eddysnake wrote:Not sure what happened, but Swiftkey didn't play nice today and I moved back to better keyboard 8. The layout seems better on better keyboard 8, Swiftkey was putting in some crazy words and I have no idea how they came up with them.
Old people just don't get it.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

Malkamaniac wrote:
eddysnake wrote:Not sure what happened, but Swiftkey didn't play nice today and I moved back to better keyboard 8. The layout seems better on better keyboard 8, Swiftkey was putting in some crazy words and I have no idea how they came up with them.
I guess, I'm not sure what happened. I used it all day yesterday and it was great. Today, it was putting in strange words and the space bar wasn't working... I'll give er another shot.

Edit: I had spacebar always enters prediction and that was teh problem.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

eddysnake wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:
I guess, I'm not sure what happened. I used it all day yesterday and it was great. Today, it was putting in strange words and the space bar wasn't working... I'll give er another shot.

Edit: I had spacebar always enters prediction and that was teh problem.
lol
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

I should switch to swiftkey on the basis of an enter key alone. I hate not being able to use enter in text messages.
eddysnake
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by eddysnake »

for those of you that upgraded to ginerbread on your Droid X, have you found that your battery seems to drain faster? It seems like mine doesn't last as long, but that's just speculation. Others?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

eddysnake wrote:for those of you that upgraded to ginerbread on your Droid X, have you found that your battery seems to drain faster? It seems like mine doesn't last as long, but that's just speculation. Others?
For the first few days it drained. A couple restarts and going back to normal use. It's the same as before, for me honestly. I think people complained because they played with it more than they did prior to the update and went back to using it normally.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

wut is gingerbread?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Kraftster wrote:wut is gingerbread?
The new OS from Google for Droid X.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Do I have it?
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Mac, models their OS's after cats, is usually purchased by cat people, which are more feminine males.

It'll be interesting to see who buys Droid's OS when it hits the open market for Desktop PC's.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Kraftster wrote:Do I have it?
Don't know. Ijit.

Here

settings > About Phone > System Updates
If it asks you to update, make sure you have time and over 70% battery. It takes awhile.
Kraftster
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kraftster »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Kraftster wrote:Do I have it?
Don't know. Ijit.

Here

settings > About Phone > System Updates
If it asks you to update, make sure you have time and over 70% battery. It takes awhile.
A software update 4.5.596.en.US(111.8MB) is available for download.
The update will be downloaded automatically starting in 3 se......ah, crap.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

Malkamaniac wrote:
eddysnake wrote:for those of you that upgraded to ginerbread on your Droid X, have you found that your battery seems to drain faster? It seems like mine doesn't last as long, but that's just speculation. Others?
For the first few days it drained. A couple restarts and going back to normal use. It's the same as before, for me honestly. I think people complained because they played with it more than they did prior to the update and went back to using it normally.
Same here. It seems to be where it was with Froyo. I like the sleep function, or at least it's easier to get to now (hold power button).