How many of you own a droid?

Forum for posts that are not hockey-related.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: How many of you own a droid?

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

superstartreatment wrote:I have problems checking in to places on Facebook with the droid X. I have my GPS turned on and it still won't work. Is it the droid or the facebook app? Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
No problems checking in here. Busy network maybe?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

When's Honeycomb supposed to be released? I'm trying to suppress my desire for a tablet until then.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

HomerPenguin wrote:When's Honeycomb supposed to be released? I'm trying to suppress my desire for a tablet until then.
Haven't heard a date on it yet. The CES demo was pretty sick, but I feel it's one of those things that will either really take-off and give a legit alternative to the iPad that will take public spotlight and the scrutiny with it; or it will bomb, like the HP Slate, etc.
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

DocEmrick wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:When's Honeycomb supposed to be released? I'm trying to suppress my desire for a tablet until then.
Haven't heard a date on it yet. The CES demo was pretty sick, but I feel it's one of those things that will either really take-off and give a legit alternative to the iPad that will take public spotlight and the scrutiny with it; or it will bomb, like the HP Slate, etc.
I think Android is well enough established on smartphones that, unless Honeycomb is a major flop as an OS, they'll have a definite market for Android tablets. I'm still steamed that the Courier got shelved because Microsoft sucks and all, but that thing looked awesome.
DocEmrick
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by DocEmrick »

Yeah, we'll have to see. I'm definitely more a Droid > Apple person myself; and with Google trying something this new and a brand within itself I just have to reserve judgment until it's released in Beta and can get a better grasp on usability.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

Fast B wrote:
canaan wrote:
Letang Is The Truth wrote:hrm maybe ill check it out. currently making way thru cut the rope
cut the rope > angry birds
:thumb:

Can't find it, fouond cut the rope hints but not the game
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

stopper40 wrote:
Fast B wrote:
canaan wrote:cut the rope > angry birds
:thumb:

Can't find it, fouond cut the rope hints but not the game
http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/cut-the- ... 93530?mt=8" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Oh, right. ;)
Fast B
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by Fast B »

HomerPenguin wrote:I'm still steamed that the Courier got shelved
Where is the evidence that such a product ever existed? At least HP showed a physical prototype of their Slate before canning delaying it.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

I'm due for a new one in a month. I have the original droid...any new awesome (not iphones) phones coming to verizon soon? I could go the droid x route, but seeing as it's been out for 6 or 7 months, there's gotta be a better one soon?
pittsoccer33
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by pittsoccer33 »

ulf wrote:I'm due for a new one in a month. I have the original droid...any new awesome (not iphones) phones coming to verizon soon? I could go the droid x route, but seeing as it's been out for 6 or 7 months, there's gotta be a better one soon?
the HTC Thunderbolt will be out soon. look that guy up.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

the thunderbolt looks saweeet. any idea how much more expensive 4g is gonna be?
HomerPenguin
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by HomerPenguin »

Fast B wrote:
HomerPenguin wrote:I'm still steamed that the Courier got shelved
Where is the evidence that such a product ever existed? At least HP showed a physical prototype of their Slate before canning delaying it.
"Shelved" was probably too strong a word because it was never technically put onto the production track, but Microsoft itself acknowledged that there was a "Courier project" that they were working on.

http://gizmodo.com/5527442/microsoft-ca ... et-project" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

ulf wrote:the thunderbolt looks saweeet. any idea how much more expensive 4g is gonna be?

Agreed. I'm not eligible until december for a new phone so the bugs should be worked out by then.

Not very happy with my incredible at the moment. Been acting funny lately, so I took it to the verizon store today and they had to do a full reset. Lost a bunch of info
skullman80
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by skullman80 »

stopper40 wrote:
ulf wrote:the thunderbolt looks saweeet. any idea how much more expensive 4g is gonna be?

Agreed. I'm not eligible until december for a new phone so the bugs should be worked out by then.

Not very happy with my incredible at the moment. Been acting funny lately, so I took it to the verizon store today and they had to do a full reset. Lost a bunch of info
Did you not have stuff backed up? Google backs up your contacts etc, and there are programs you can download for a few dollars that will back up everything on your phone including apps/text etc etc. No reason for you to lose stuff on a Droid after a reset if stuff was backed up in the first place.
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

skullman80 wrote:
stopper40 wrote:

Did you not have stuff backed up? Google backs up your contacts etc, and there are programs you can download for a few dollars that will back up everything on your phone including apps/text etc etc. No reason for you to lose stuff on a Droid after a reset if stuff was backed up in the first place.

I had most stuff backed up, didn't have the games backed up though. Gotta do angry birds over again, but I'm really pissed about having to do alchemy again. Didn't have the texts backed up, didn't lose anything major there though. It's just a major pain setting it up again
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

So are there any decent music apps to replace the built in player? I'm not particularly a fan of it.
knives of ice
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by knives of ice »

the winamp app is pretty solid, it has wireless sync built in as well if you want to sync with your pc.

I can't believe how insanely dumb Motorola is with their XOOM tablet pricing. if you want to compete with the ipad you can't price it at $800 what a joke. i was planning on getting this tablet, hopefully the wifi only version will be reasonable but i doubt it.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Thanks.

After just a quick look, I like it better already. The library is handled a lot better... expanding the list of albums for an artist inline and then having the songs within them ordered alphabetically instead of by track was extremely retarded in the built in player. I know you can go to the Albums section and then the tracks are in order, but wth.
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

Am I missing a "forward" option for texts on the Droid X? I can't seem to locate it.

Thanks.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Hold your finger over the message until the context menu pops up. Should have a "forward message" option.
Digitalgypsy66
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by Digitalgypsy66 »

I have the NSW player, and it seems to be OK. I'll have to try Winamp...I was a big fan of that back in the day (2003, lol)
blackjack68
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by blackjack68 »

the wicked child wrote:Hold your finger over the message until the context menu pops up. Should have a "forward message" option.
I'll have to give that a shot. Thanks.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

THREAD NECRO OHMYWORD

https://market.android.com/details?id=n ... rch_result" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Check that app out, it's great for ringtones and stuff. It's free too, so it's at least a look.
ulf
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by ulf »

thunderbolt out thursday---get in my pocket
stopper40
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by stopper40 »

ulf wrote:thunderbolt out thursday---get in my pocket

Cool, let us know how you like it. I'm looking at either that or the Bionic for later this year when I can get a new one