**STAR WARS POST GAME WRAP UP** congrats to the Empire

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: **STAR WARS POST GAME WRAP UP** congrats to the Empire

Post by thehockeyguru »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:thg was hitting the reds because he implicates EVERYONE
bullocks
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Troy Loney wrote:
relantel wrote:I should add, we were all but conceding a slappy vote and taking our chances at the next day phase. Though we had thought twc might have been the vig when the shaf kill was made. just coincidence that shaf shot back (as opposed to the auto defense) at TL.

I'm glad to know i died cause shaf shot me and it wasn't the auto defense. to be honest i think the auto defense is a bunk rule.
Yeah, he shot at you. We didn't have the auto D in there.

I was shocked when he went after you. I thought for sure it was a slappy vote by him just to ensure an extra day. When he got you, it was a gutsy chance that paid off.
newarenanow
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by newarenanow »

Question for everyone:

We tried to put the people that didn't vote yet at the bottom of the votes about half way through, thinking that maybe if everyone's name was out there at all times, more people would participate and vote. And it seemed like participation as greater when it came to voted.

Didn't know if that was the reason though or not. Was that something where when you were reading through and saw you were like 1 or 2 people that didn't vote, did that entice you to vote.

IMO, the participation, both voting/discussion and RP wise was fairly quick and good.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Sorry I wasn't more help this game, guys.

Our most beloved dog passed away Sunday night. It was crushing to my wife and me. I thought I could suck it up for the game, but I just couldn't concentrate.

I thought about asking the mods to replace me, since Malka seemed to want to play, but just then I got interested in the LITT chase. :face:

I couldn't pick it up again.
relantel
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by relantel »

newarenanow wrote:Question for everyone:

We tried to put the people that didn't vote yet at the bottom of the votes about half way through, thinking that maybe if everyone's name was out there at all times, more people would participate and vote. And it seemed like participation as greater when it came to voted.

Didn't know if that was the reason though or not. Was that something where when you were reading through and saw you were like 1 or 2 people that didn't vote, did that entice you to vote.

IMO, the participation, both voting/discussion and RP wise was fairly quick and good.
NAN, I think that did the work of people for them in trying to figure out who was still out there... i.e. people tend to forget people are playing sometimes, and you & beerman identifying ballots not yet cast help keep that from happening to an extent. I think it was a net positive, as then the way to stay off the radar was to cast a vote early in the cycle and then not be around...
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

newarenanow wrote: 2) WTF wouldn't you guys vote out slappy. Just by the way he was acting, he thought he was a deadman, so like most baddies, just started chaos during the night. Not saying you guys would have won, but it would have made the count 3 to 2 in the next day and you still could have had a chance.
I was shocked when slappy didn't get voted out.

I really like how you guys set this game up with The Chosen One... a cool wrinkle to the game. Wish I could have played it longer.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

redwill wrote:Sorry I wasn't more help this game, guys.

Our most beloved dog passed away Sunday night. It was crushing to my wife and me. I thought I could suck it up for the game, but I just couldn't concentrate.

I thought about asking the mods to replace me, since Malka seemed to want to play, but just then I got interested in the LITT chase. :face:

I couldn't pick it up again.
Damn sorry to hear that redwill....I lost my childhood dog a few months ago and couldn't cope for a while. And then Senka made it worse by voting for you in the end....jerk
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Oh and fantastic game NAN and beerman....that was immensely enjoyable. Nothing quite beats the good guys/bad guys/renegade format. Well, I guess the format where every single person is red comes close :lol:
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

The thing about mid-game recruits is you have to look at people who radically change their approach mid-game.

In this case slappy was all over Troy for a few days in a row and then magically he never mentions another word about Troy the rest of the game. I know hindsight is 20/20 but this is a thing I will try to pay attention to in future games with a recruit.
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

shafnutz05 wrote:Damn sorry to hear that redwill....I lost my childhood dog a few months ago and couldn't cope for a while. And then Senka made it worse by voting for you in the end....jerk
That vote doesn't bother me at all, except that it lost the game...

Based on my participation, I would have voted me off way earlier than that. :)
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

lol. Good stuff, everyone. Especially Senka. :pop:

My only complaint was slappy posting all those pictures toward the end. Dude, my phone can't handle that *charcoal*. :thumbdown:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

redwill wrote:Sorry I wasn't more help this game, guys.

I'm very sorry to hear that, redwill. You & your wife definitely have my sympathies; losing a pet is really hard.
Letang Is The Truth
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Letang Is The Truth »

wallflower wrote:lol. Good stuff, everyone. Especially Senka. :pop:

My only complaint was slappy posting all those pictures toward the end. Dude, my phone can't handle that *charcoal*. :thumbdown:
Anything is better than animated gifs.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Time to upgrade wf. :D
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

lol blappysrown, you crazy.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

slappybrown wrote:Time to upgrade wf. :D
:lol:

A couple of images per page is fine, but when there's 6+, my phone just does not want.
Letang Is The Truth wrote:Anything is better than animated gifs.
Oh, definitely.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

Letang Is The Truth wrote:

Anything is better than animated gifs.
MikeEnIke
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by MikeEnIke »

lol ^ 3d rendered and gay *charcoal*. you know it.