Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
jwienand
AHL'er
AHL'er

Re: *** JELLYFISH INVASION I GAME THREAD ***

Post by jwienand »

I get to work and 2 die??? :face: :thumbdown:

I'm also feeling tfrizz and jays.

Pavel is an interesting case. Would the jellies want to put a target on his back if he were a baddie by offing redwill? Or are they trying to get us to turn on him? I'm holding onto my vote for a bit till some more people chime in.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

jwienand wrote:I get to work and 2 die??? :face: :thumbdown:

Pavel is an interesting case. Would the jellies want to put a target on his back if he were a baddie by offing redwill? Or are they trying to get us to turn on him? I'm holding onto my vote for a bit till some more people chime in.
Dont forget that Pavel said people were nuts for looking at Dagny, then called out Sdm who ended up being village.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

I like Pavel first off but I could get onboard with a cannan net. I do owe Wallflower that much. :oops:
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

jwienand wrote:Pavel is an interesting case. Would the jellies want to put a target on his back if he were a baddie by offing redwill? Or are they trying to get us to turn on him? I'm holding onto my vote for a bit till some more people chime in.
That is true... it's a little too obvious for redwill to be killed if Pavel was bad. It's a common bad guy move that never works.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

crayz wrote:well, he has been bad for like 5 straight games it seems! I've done a little looking and when he is bad, he tends to push votes more and do that "village piss match" thing to diffuse a battle.
I think you're just mad that I killed you at the beginning of NHL Wars. :pop:

Anyway, if wanting yesterday to end because of all the craziness that went on is pushing the vote, then I pushed the vote. We needed the information and the closure for the day.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

tfrizz wrote:
jwienand wrote:Pavel is an interesting case. Would the jellies want to put a target on his back if he were a baddie by offing redwill? Or are they trying to get us to turn on him? I'm holding onto my vote for a bit till some more people chime in.
That is true... it's a little too obvious for redwill to be killed if Pavel was bad. It's a common bad guy move that never works.
Just FYI, it did work for me in NHL Wars. redwill had me pegged as a baddie on the 2nd or 3rd day and I got rid of him that night and the heat never came back to me. I'm not saying this is the same case, just saying it worked.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

Kicksave wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
Just FYI, it did work for me in NHL Wars. redwill had me pegged as a baddie on the 2nd or 3rd day and I got rid of him that night and the heat never came back to me. I'm not saying this is the same case, just saying it worked.
I was going to mention this. Pavel is a smart player - he's not going to make the play that conventional players would. And it's something to keep in mind. However, I'm still way more suspicious of canaan than anyone else.
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

wallflower wrote:I'm going to net canaan.

I am now convinced he is a jelly. He's been suspicious to me from the beginning and the fact that he continually jumped on my thg bandwagon (when I very much believe thg to just be a regular traveler) has convinced me.
sweet. i wouldn't really call me voting for thg a bandwagon. its a hunch i have. ive been pretty consistent about voting for him. There is one thing i dont understand, why do you continually vote for someone you very much believe to be a reg trav? oh well. im not condemning/accusing you, im just really confused (read: trying to figure out) about what is going on.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

I'm liking the reasoning for Pavel. He's a good player and, as said, he is either off his game or a baddie.

What I meant about thg was that we cant tell anything about him. He is laying low to stay alive because of past games (or as he said "I dont have much to say"). That's all.

I didn't receive any sort of PM or message from a mod (or anyone for that matter) saying anything happened after I didn't die. If something changed I am unaware of it. With the way this game is going I'm just as confused about it as everyone is. I'm just glad to still be alive (and apparently at a strip club).
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Personally I don't think Kicksaves action to get the final vote on me means he is bad. I mean, he might be bad but I don't think his vote for me is an indication. I agree that at that point there needed to be closure and movement in the game. He just took the initiative.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'd say at this point today, Pavel looks to be the front runner. He's a highly skilled player.

He can certainly play all of us a fool
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

canaan wrote:

I am now convinced he is a jelly. He's been suspicious to me from the beginning and the fact that he continually jumped on my thg bandwagon (when I very much believe thg to just be a regular traveler) has convinced me.
sweet. i wouldn't really call me voting for thg a bandwagon. its a hunch i have. ive been pretty consistent about voting for him. There is one thing i dont understand, why do you continually vote for someone you very much believe to be a reg trav? oh well. im not condemning/accusing you, im just really confused (read: trying to figure out) about what is going on.
I had the same thought about this.
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

canaan wrote:

Day 1 it was for revenge. After that, it was to see who would jump on - you did, again. When everyone else recognized that days 1 and 2 (or in this game, days 1a & 1b) are the time for blind bandwagoning, not day 3 you still jumped on my pointless bandwagon. It was a calculated risk that had no real risk at all: thg had no chance of being netted yesterday - everyone was caught up in the PFIDC/tfrizz showdown.

Jellyfish. *shakes fist*
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Malkamaniac wrote:I'd say at this point today, Pavel looks to be the front runner. He's a highly skilled player.

He can certainly play all of us a fool
Not that hard for some of us...

me included :lol:
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

PensFanInDC wrote:
canaan wrote:

I had the same thought about this.
I just explained. :thumb:
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

wallflower wrote:
canaan wrote:

Day 1 it was for revenge. After that, it was to see who would jump on - you did, again. When everyone else recognized that days 1 and 2 (or in this game, days 1a & 1b) are the time for blind bandwagoning, not day 3 you still jumped on my pointless bandwagon. It was a calculated risk that had no real risk at all: thg had no chance of being netted yesterday - everyone was caught up in the PFIDC/tfrizz showdown.

Jellyfish. *shakes fist*
If days 1 and 2 are the time for blind bandwagoning why is his vote for thg a sign he is bad? You even said that your vote for thg was bandwagon.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

net Pavel Bure

He's a very good player, and whether he is purposely quiet or just isn't around it doesn't help the resort whatsoever. He is more of a risk than an asset IMO.
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

wallflower wrote:I just explained. :thumb:
I just retorted... :thumb: :D

hehehe...I said retorted

"Oh allow me to retort!"
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

PensFanInDC wrote:
wallflower wrote:I just explained. :thumb:
I just retorted... :thumb: :D

hehehe...I said retorted

"Oh allow me to retort!"
Re-Tort... is that something the Rangers do?
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

What does Mr. Wallace look like? Does he look like a *****?
PensFanInDC
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by PensFanInDC »

Kicksave wrote:What does Mr. Wallace look like? Does he look like a *****?
What?
wallflower
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by wallflower »

PensFanInDC wrote:If days 1 and 2 are the time for blind bandwagoning why is his vote for thg a sign he is bad? You even said that your vote for thg was bandwagon.
I was talking about him jumping in to vote for thg yesterday, not on day 1 (when I initially started a thg vote). There was no logical reason to go after thg yesterday. And he jumped on. My vote yesterday was to see who would go along with it. I think he's been suspicious from the beginning, everything he has said & done since hasn't made my suspicion any less.

However, if people don't feel the same way, oh well. This is my gut feeling, not the village's. *shrug*
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

wallflower wrote:
PensFanInDC wrote:If days 1 and 2 are the time for blind bandwagoning why is his vote for thg a sign he is bad? You even said that your vote for thg was bandwagon.
I was talking about him jumping in to vote for thg yesterday, not on day 1 (when I initially started a thg vote). There was no logical reason to go after thg yesterday. And he jumped on. My vote yesterday was to see who would go along with it. I think he's been suspicious from the beginning, everything he has said & done since hasn't made my suspicion any less.

However, if people don't feel the same way, oh well. This is my gut feeling, not the village's. *shrug*
canaan
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by canaan »

wallflower wrote:
canaan wrote:

Jellyfish. *shakes fist*
this is all well and good if my suspicion was just a bandwagon. If i don't guise my suspicion as part of a bandwagon, i could get clipped as being "on someone's tail"--if i try and do it in a way that isn't so adamant and blatant, i am viewed as a follower and baddy. this is a no win situation for me. Im trying to play passively and figure things out a bit more patiently because of the x factors involved with this game style--I am normally more accusative because I have some semblance of the roles and limitation of the players--this time that isn't the case.
jaysmiter
AHL'er
AHL'er
Location: Just another example of a warped twisted sick mind that is out there hiding behind a keyboard.

Post by jaysmiter »

jwienand wrote:I get to work and 2 die??? :face: :thumbdown:

OK...let me give a quick explanation on my actions yesterday...

tfrizz threw an interesting theory out there, and while some people had a feeling it was just a villager on villager thing, I didn't. I looked at the evidence and really, when I thought about it...it seemed solid. And, you know me, when I feel like something is pretty solid I push for it. Typically that gets me in trouble, but, hey, at least you can say I tried. I was wrong on PFiDC yesterday...I don't like the way the write-up was worded. He could very much be a convert now. It's not something that we should go for now, it's something to put on the backburner.

As for Pavel...

the redwill killing is a total framejob, I believe. Either Pavel is good, or there are two mafias (and to answer your question from before, there have been two mafias the past few games, jdubs) and he's bad and the other mafia doesn't know that. Personally, with the way the write-ups are written, I'm leaning towards one bigger mafia instead of two. So, I think Pavel is good and the mafia is trying to use our suspicions of him from yesterday against him today...

I absolutely did not like the following:

At 10:26
tfrizz wrote:That is true... it's a little too obvious for redwill to be killed if Pavel was bad. It's a common bad guy move that never works.
At 10:41
tfrizz wrote:net Pavel Bure

He's a very good player, and whether he is purposely quiet or just isn't around it doesn't help the resort whatsoever. He is more of a risk than an asset IMO.

So, in the span of 15 minutes, tfrizz is convinced Pavel is good and then he votes for him? All amidst the Canaan/Wallflower stuff....super shady.

net tfrizz