Oh, you mean like right now? :pop:
was...past tense... :pop:
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Re: Hollywood Wars: Game Thread

Post by Malkamaniac »

I'm joining the redwill vote

It won't be changing. I learned another don't do on day 1 mistake.

fire redwill
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

fire redwill

But I really don't understand why people are saying we don't have anythign to go on...because we do...we already found out the identity of one of the bad guys...even though its early, what other relevant information is there?
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:fire redwill

But I really don't understand why people are saying we don't have anythign to go on...because we do...we already found out the identity of one of the bad guys...even though its early, what other relevant information is there?

well to be honest, the only thing that's really relevant is that THG was a baddie and he's dead. Other than that. Really what do we have?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:

well to be honest, the only thing that's really relevant is that THG was a baddie and he's dead. Other than that. Really what do we have?
Some people voted for him, some didn't...some tried to defend him a little, most didn't...some tried to deflect the vote and throw out other names....you know...why am i explaining this?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I'm in the middle of catching up, but thought I'd post this. If there are two bad groups it's very unlikely they can recruit. That would be another big advantage for one of them over the other family or the village. Another possibility is that they attempted to kill someone who can't be killed yet, like the ISK role in an earlier game.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

We hit thg yesterday with a rookie mistake. I don't think we have too much to go on as of right now.

The whole redwill/dagny thing screams of a villager pissy match to me, right now. I'm kind of iffy on losing a good thinking player so early to the bandwagon.

I absolutely hate this theory early on in the game, but look at the people who voted for thehockeyguru.

thehockeyguru - 13 (mac5155, Kicksave, dagny, MWB, sdm5055, slappybrown, Azkar, zarovich, PFIDC, npv708, Dan H, redwill, tfrizz)

Chacnes are some of the other baddies jumped towards the middle/end of the vote to "throw of suspicion" for later in the game but like I said, that's a horrible way to go about it right now.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Actually, the more I think about it, who felt bad for thg yesterday and "didn't want to vote for him" because of that? If you're looking for a tell - that might be it.

Shoot this out of a cannon.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

Some people voted for him, some didn't...some tried to defend him a little, most didn't...some tried to deflect the vote and throw out other names....you know...why am i explaining this?

Because your explanation is basically the same thing we go through every game. We get an RP.

We know:
Baddies did vote
regulars did vote

We also know:
People who had no idea they were deflecting a baddie...still deflected
people voted randomly
people voted for revenge.

really, teall me whats different about this time than any other time? I'm not really trying to be defensive or anything.
shafnutz05
NHL First Liner
NHL First Liner

Post by shafnutz05 »

MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

I tend to agree with people who are suspicious of ones who threw thg's name out early. I believe it was brought out in the sign up thread that if he was a bad guy his own team would vote him out, or something like that. It's smart because everyone knows he'll go early anyway.

Dagny is playing completely different from earlier games. She always wants to wait to vote and wants discussion. Yet she has thrown out early votes both days. It's very possible that she knew thg was bad because of a tell and was so certain that she thought it best to vote. However, she admits to not being certain of redwill and voted for him. In past games she wouldn't have done that, even with going to work. She always says she hopes to catch up and vote when she returns. I just find it all a little odd. Maybe there's nothing to it though.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

We also know:
But several people did know what THG, and i guarantee that they didn't sit idly by while their leader for axed on the first day...you know well that they did one of two things, they either tried to steer the village on to another bandwagon or they jumped on the bandwagon to make themselves look good....do you really think that they just sat there and did nothing?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

Troy Loney wrote:you know well that they did one of two things, they either tried to steer the village on to another bandwagon or they jumped on the bandwagon to make themselves look good....do you really think that they just sat there and did nothing?
I'd have to believe they jumped on the bandwagon. There's no reason to try to deflect attention from someone who is so certain to be killed early on.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
We also know:
But several people did know what THG, and i guarantee that they didn't sit idly by while their leader for axed on the first day...you know well that they did one of two things, they either tried to steer the village on to another bandwagon or they jumped on the bandwagon to make themselves look good....do you really think that they just sat there and did nothing?

No I'm saying that what you're suggesting is what is always done regarding a baddie being outed.

Some go one way, some go the other.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Redwill - 9 (dagny, slappy, azkar, zaro, trfizz, shaf, nan, malk, troy)
MWB - 1 (sdm)
Malks - 1 (jay)

13 to fire[/quote]
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
Troy Loney wrote:
We also know:

No I'm saying that what you're suggesting is what is always done regarding a baddie being outed.

Some go one way, some go the other.
Ok...so does that not alteast give us a way to go? Wouldn't you rather limit the potential suspect pool to 5 or 6 people....or would you rather just pick a random name out of the hat?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

fire redwill
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Redwill - 10 (dagny, slappy, azkar, zaro, trfizz, shaf, nan, malk, troy, npv)
MWB - 1 (sdm)
Malks - 1 (jay)

13 to fire
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Ok...so does that not alteast give us a way to go? Wouldn't you rather limit the potential suspect pool to 5 or 6 people....or would you rather just pick a random name out of the hat?
I'm not even saying I disagree with you. I'm just saying, your taking this as information that's new solely to this game. It happens all the time, every game.

I'm all for getting another person with valid evidence, but really what evidence do you have aside from, this person voted for so and so, that makes him/her a target after one day. How credible is that evidence really?

I surely understand that someone needs to die, and that the village as a whole needs a win. Which is why I'm willing to let Dagny get this day's vote from me. Dagny called out THG and was correct, then promptly called out Redwill. The only real evidence I have is that Dagny got the correct call right off the bat, which is why the words that come from Dagny mean more to me at this moment.
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

I personally don't deal well with people that vote blindly, I'd rather have every vote explained LOGICALLY.

Which is what I am directing towards jaysmiter:

He calls me a baddie or implies it because I switched vote.

yet he didn't vote at all making me think, oh hey, he could be suspicious because of his comments referring to the fact that he did not vote for thg last phase

"Oh, and before anyone goes back to day 1 and sees that not only did I abstain from voting for THG (or anyone for that matter) and that I questioned the vote...I did. It's true."

I'm just saying, if he can look at the fact that I switched votes for THG that was a baddie, then why can't I say other wise about the fact that he abstained from voting for THG AND questioned the THG vote? How is that not suspicious?
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:
I'm not even saying I disagree with you. I'm just saying, your taking this as information that's new solely to this game. It happens all the time, every game.

I'm all for getting another person with valid evidence, but really what evidence do you have aside from, this person voted for so and so, that makes him/her a target after one day. How credible is that evidence really?

I surely understand that someone needs to die, and that the village as a whole needs a win. Which is why I'm willing to let Dagny get this day's vote from me. Dagny called out THG and was correct, then promptly called out Redwill. The only real evidence I have is that Dagny got the correct call right off the bat, which is why the words that come from Dagny mean more to me at this moment.
We don't often randomly bandwagon a baddie on the first day....and we alsmost always exonerate people if they call out a baddie. THG's name was brought up immediately and he was bad...i believe there are two potential distinct respones or actions from the baddies...either they used his enevitalbe firing to exonerate themselves or they were reluctant to vote off one of there own so early and tried to deflect the bandwagon...each of those are viable alternatives for us to proceed...ie kill the people who were reluctant or kill the people who bandwagoned him.

I have no idea why your trying so hard to downplay what we have to go off of thus far...
redwill
AHL All-Star
AHL All-Star

Post by redwill »

Well, I see votes are piling higher and deeper for me. I said my peace here:
redwill wrote:I presume the votes for me are generally (or blindly) following dagny's suspicion.

They're legitimate, I suppose. I initially hesitated to go with thg. This, as I stated, was because I did not want to play revenge-style. I have suffered Juice's revenge and wasn't too pleased about it.

Then dagny presented herself as a legitimate target. Does anyone disagree with that?

I switched at the last minute to thg to help get a write-up going before this morning.

I think that's all perfectly reasonable.

I'm just a regular person. Do what you will. I will try to give some thoughts about where to go next.

I invite you to look at that and see what the problem is. Just one other note: dagny said she was not as strong on me as on thg last round. I wish she was around to respond to what I said above.

The sad thing for me is that I cannot really give any ideas or vote, 'cause I'll be accused of deflecting. So it goes.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

this bandwagon left the station. let's do it.

fire redwill
Malkamaniac
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Malkamaniac »

Troy Loney wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:

We don't often randomly bandwagon a baddie on the first day....and we alsmost always exonerate people if they call out a baddie. THG's name was brought up immediately and he was bad...i believe there are two potential distinct respones or actions from the baddies...either they used his enevitalbe firing to exonerate themselves or they were reluctant to vote off one of there own so early and tried to deflect the bandwagon...each of those are viable alternatives for us to proceed...ie kill the people who were reluctant or kill the people who bandwagoned him.

I have no idea why your trying so hard to downplay what we have to go off of thus far...
I'm not downplaying anything, I'm just stating, with the luck of the draw, it was an added bonus that we nabbed a boss. Like I've said previously, I'm not disagreeing with you.
Troy Loney
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by Troy Loney »

Malkamaniac wrote:I personally don't deal well with people that vote blindly, I'd rather have every vote explained LOGICALLY.
But your consistent claims of having nothing to go on during day one and two would fundamentally contradict what your saying.

hire redwill
fire malkamaniac

your bouncing all over the place...