Post by npv708 »

But, I picked out four bad guys...

Troy, Jose, sdm, and IE.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:I thought Crayz provided some good input and good direction. When he was axed it was trouble.
That's why he was killed.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

In future games I think it would be cool if the doctor and nurse and sheriff and deputy could talk to each other in PMs
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

The quick vote seemed to be common throughout the game. You cant get a beat on someone if the majority of the game is night time.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

MWB wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:I thought Crayz provided some good input and good direction. When he was axed it was trouble.

I was kind of suprised he made it that long. When did you start discussing him as a potential kill?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

How did the killing work? Which fam axed me?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

mac5155 wrote:In future games I think it would be cool if the doctor and nurse and sheriff and deputy could talk to each other in PMs
I agree, especially in a game with two families. I think the goons had a big advantage over the regulars once one team got a little bit of an edge. We could gain some favor in voting for bad guys, but the village really can't say for certain if it's a good guy voting off mafia or another mafia family voting someone off. Hard to gain trust.
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

That was me, slappy. THough I should have gone after npv, instead.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

slappybrown wrote:How did the killing work? Which fam axed me?
I'll answer all these questions.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

thehockeyguru wrote:
MWB wrote:

I was kind of suprised he made it that long. When did you start discussing him as a potential kill?
We could only kill on odd nights. We ended up finding a lot of roles through investigation so that took up a lot of our kills. The crayz one came down to him or corvi.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

MWB wrote:
mac5155 wrote:In future games I think it would be cool if the doctor and nurse and sheriff and deputy could talk to each other in PMs
agree, especially in a game with two families. I think the goons had a big advantage over the regulars once one team got a little bit of an edge. We could gain some favor in voting for bad guys, but the village really can't say for certain if it's a good guy voting off mafia or another mafia family voting someone off. Hard to gain trust.
yeah and like I was the nurse.. But pretty much was just a regular villager. I didn't get to do anything since the doc stayed alive. It would put an interesting turn on things.. ESP since malkamaniac was killed his deputy could have divulged info (I think maybe?)
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

IrishEyes wrote:That was me, slappy. THough I should have gone after npv, instead.
I thought for sure my time was up after the jose/sdm votes...
IrishEyes
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by IrishEyes »

npv708 wrote:
IrishEyes wrote:That was me, slappy. THough I should have gone after npv, instead.
I thought for sure my time was up after the jose/sdm votes...
The funniest part was, I didn't even think about that. It had nothing to do with the sdm vote, and if I had been thinking about it, I would have left you alone. I decided that since you've been a mod, you were just too smart to stay around.
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

What I didnt like as the JOAT was that I had three different powers but I couldn't use them like I had intended. I used my investigate 1st and found a Good Guy, so I had no idea how to use my Kill. I would have rather had the opportunity to use the same power more than once, but the JOAT could only use his powers 3 times.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

thehockeyguru wrote:What I didnt like as the JOAT was that I had three different powers but I couldn't use them like I had intended. I used my investigate 1st and found a Good Guy, so I had no idea how to use my Kill. I would have rather had the opportunity to use the same power more than once, but the JOAT could only use his powers 3 times.
regardless you should have held off assuming u used the investgate on night 1-2
thehockeyguru
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by thehockeyguru »

mac5155 wrote:
thehockeyguru wrote:What I didnt like as the JOAT was that I had three different powers but I couldn't use them like I had intended. I used my investigate 1st and found a Good Guy, so I had no idea how to use my Kill. I would have rather had the opportunity to use the same power more than once, but the JOAT could only use his powers 3 times.
regardless you should have held off assuming u used the investgate on night 1-2

Yes I knew that now that I should have waited. I just didnt want to die with powers un-used. I never used my protect.

Had I had the chance to investigate twice and kill or investigate 3 times, it would have maybe leveled the playing field for the Goods.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

Check the after party for the roles and some notes and how the nights played out.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

thehockeyguru wrote:

Yes I knew that now that I should have waited. I just didnt want to die with powers un-used. I never used my protect.

Had I had the chance to investigate twice and kill or investigate 3 times, it would have maybe leveled the playing field for the Goods.
well yeah but then you essentially would have been another sheriff
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

:face:

Thats your own fault. You cant prematurely JOATulate like that. You shouldnt be investigating until you are fairly sure. Second, why wouldntyou have told us you found once you used the power so soeone was cleared? :face: :face:

If you did what you proposed the JOAT (3nights for each power) would be all powerful, and the gam would be unbalnced.
Kicksave
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by Kicksave »

The JOAT is more of a supplemental role more than a main town role. The powers he was given was fine.
tfrizz
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by tfrizz »

count2infinity wrote:
tfrizz wrote:
crayz wrote::(

wasn't sure on CK...npv & mwb i was sure on :(

oh wells, good game all...we played by team scrooge. You guys played real well
I had a list of 8 I was suspicious of, turned our 4 were right - Troy (#1 suspect), JC (#2), and npv (#4); the other was MWB.
ha ha...who were the other 4? and when did this happen? when there were 10 people left?
The other 4 were dagny (#3), crayz, slappy, and PensFanInDC.

I gave the list to Pavel and Kicksave right after I was eliminated. I tried to get rid of Troy the day THG was unwrapped, but the only other one that went that way was npv.
crayz
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by crayz »

MWB wrote:
We could only kill on odd nights. We ended up finding a lot of roles through investigation so that took up a lot of our kills. The crayz one came down to him or corvi.
During the night before I died I figured this out. I went back to JC's post and saw he said he killed tfrizz and was able to figure out everyones votes along the way. Your mafia killed all vets...canaan, dagny, nan, and someone else I believe...

Once I saw that we had finished the grinch family and knew that you were bad, i started looking at votes and who was pushing an npv was pretty obvious at that point...but I couldn't post. npv really changed his game style in the last day or two pushing votes.

still have no idea why corvi would go after bhaw /sigh