Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by JoseCuervo »

MWB wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
MWB wrote: I don't see how nobody here can read posts. You all know why I wasn't here at this point. It's in the finals thread and was said multiple times here.
Wait, we are supposed to take what everyone says at face value? Really? I can read your posts fine, that doesn't mean I need to believe them.
Then don't notice how I've said it in other threads either. That's why I didn't even have a post the past two rounds.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

JC, it's ironic that your defense for #3 is that you were too busy to post. Yet your defense for #4 is that you're just really observant. Something just isn't right.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

npv708 wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
npv708 wrote: 1) Called out by Nan (Vigilante)
2) Called out by LITT (Deputy)
3) Never voted for Troy at any point in the game, even when it was pretty obvious he was bad.
4) He noticed the family thing rather quick and I understand he could just be very observant, it just seems to coincidental for me.
1) Vig has no observation powers. If he thought I was a bad lister he would have shot me.

2) Deputy has no observation powers either. He was mostly calling out troy.

3) I would've voted for him two days ago but I had a final and a paper due. I've mentioned that multiple times which is why I was absent the past two rounds. Well, the round this morning I was asleep from a long night of celebration. :lol:

4) TWC also noticed it right away. Why don't we want an observant good lister?

I'm just a plain good lister, but if we need to kill me to move on, so be it.
1) and 2) They called out Troy and you. They were right about Troy, and they could at least be trusted, even if it was a guess.
3) There were votes for Troy almost the entire game, you defended him.
4) why in the world would you have paid attention to that detail in the first place? Every game up to now has been one set of mafia, so it why is that something that would have caught your eye. TWC isn't any less suspicious.

You're not a plain good lister, if the village wants to move on, then we should kill you...
1) and 2)- what? They don't know anymore than you or I in the first two rounds with no investigative powers.
3) I defended him in the beginning simply because people wanted him dead for being "defensive." Why can people not try to defend themselves? It still doesn't make sense to me.
4) Because juice was a "scrooge" which made me associate juice's name with mr. magoo. Grinch and mr. magoo don't match in my head. I just don't see how you want to kill an observant player.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

JoseCuervo wrote:
MWB wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote: I don't see how nobody here can read posts. You all know why I wasn't here at this point. It's in the finals thread and was said multiple times here.
Wait, we are supposed to take what everyone says at face value? Really? I can read your posts fine, that doesn't mean I need to believe them.
Then don't notice how I've said it in other threads either. That's why I didn't even have a post the past two rounds.[/quote]

I don't really understand what you mean, but what is said/not said in other threads has nothing to do with what happens in the game thread.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

MWB wrote:JC, it's ironic that your defense for #3 is that you were too busy to post. Yet your defense for #4 is that you're just really observant. Something just isn't right.
Because I was posting when juice died. And troy was dead when I started posting this round. I didn't know it was a crime to be smart.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

MWB wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
MWB wrote: Wait, we are supposed to take what everyone says at face value? Really? I can read your posts fine, that doesn't mean I need to believe them.
Then don't notice how I've said it in other threads either. That's why I didn't even have a post the past two rounds.
I don't really understand what you mean, but what is said/not said in other threads has nothing to do with what happens in the game thread.[/quote]

using other threads is incredibly useful because it allows you to tell who is being quiet in the game. I just don't see how I would lie about my finals in the finals week thread.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

JoseCuervo wrote:
MWB wrote:JC, it's ironic that your defense for #3 is that you were too busy to post. Yet your defense for #4 is that you're just really observant. Something just isn't right.
Because I was posting when juice died. And troy was dead when I started posting this round. I didn't know it was a crime to be smart.
Actually, some of the best criminals are smart, very smart as a matter of fact. Which means that just because you're "smart" doesn't mean your not a badlister.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

JoseCuervo wrote:
Apparently it is, and I'm pretty much convinced that you're bad now.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

While I'm here I just want to point out that's not irony :pop:
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

JoseCuervo wrote:
Umm, you don't know what irony is? :pop:
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

I see it's pointless to argue with you two, but I hope the rest of the good listers have more sense. I'm going out drinking.
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

MWB wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:
Umm, you don't know what irony is? :pop:
http://benderirony.ytmnd.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

JoseCuervo wrote:I see it's pointless to argue with you two, but I hope the rest of the good listers have more sense. I'm going out drinking.
Interesting... so you're admitting that I'm a good lister? Does that mean I can be trusted and you should be sent off?
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

lulz, this would've been better:

[youtube][/youtube]
JoseCuervo
AHL Hall of Famer
AHL Hall of Famer

Post by JoseCuervo »

MWB wrote:
JoseCuervo wrote:I see it's pointless to argue with you two, but I hope the rest of the good listers have more sense. I'm going out drinking.
Interesting... so you're admitting that I'm a good lister? Does that mean I can be trusted and you should be sent off?
I don't think you're a bad lister at all.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

This is a crazy game. At the start of page 51 I had a little suspicion of JC. At the end of 51, there was barely any. From the start of page 52 that suspicion started to go even lower, and then halfway through, it went back up and now I am pretty suspicious.

Only one answer: :scared:
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

npv708 wrote: 4) why in the world would you have paid attention to that detail in the first place? Every game up to now has been one set of mafia, so it why is that something that would have caught your eye. TWC isn't any less suspicious.

You're not a plain good lister, if the village wants to move on, then we should kill you...
I voted for JC but this theory doesnt make sense.. it is the one thing that is making me re-think

why is this bad that he picked this up? because he found it fast? so it wouldnt be suspicious if he found it now because it took him longer?

I see this as a good thing for the good guys not a bad thing hence why I dont understand why if he was bad he would bring this up

I am all ears for reasoning here

I won't change off of him yet but this is making me reconsider
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

I already got what I wanted from my vote, so I will wrap sdm.

Not voting just yet though... thread has become :pop: worthy as of late.
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

sdm5055 wrote: why is this bad that he picked this up? because he found it fast? so it wouldnt be suspicious if he found it now because it took him longer?

I see this as a good thing for the good guys not a bad thing hence why I dont understand why if he was bad he would bring this up

I think it was an attempt to gain trust with the village. If indeed there are two mafia families then sooner or later it comes out. He figured he could bring it up and then use it as a defense, which is exactly what he's doing.
bhaw
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by bhaw »

I don't know how many baddies there are but I'm still of the theory that Corvidae and Jarrko are in the same family.

I believe slappy to be in the other family.

I won't be posting at all tomorrow (or reading), so I'll leave it at that. If you guys want to kill me for the heck of it in the next round or two since I can't be of much help, feel free to do so.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

sdm5055 wrote:
npv708 wrote: 4) why in the world would you have paid attention to that detail in the first place? Every game up to now has been one set of mafia, so it why is that something that would have caught your eye. TWC isn't any less suspicious.

I voted for JC but this theory doesnt make sense.. it is the one thing that is making me re-think

why is this bad that he picked this up? because he found it fast? so it wouldnt be suspicious if he found it now because it took him longer?

First off, let me mention this is only one part of what has made me suspicious of Jose Cuervo, the connection/defense of Troy Loney throughout the thread is my main cause for suspicion. I personally think it was suspicious mainly because of the speed that it was picked up on. Don't you think that the first people to notice something like that would be mafia, even if they don't say it. When Juice was killed and revealed to be a mafia member of the Grinch family, then Troy Loney's Scrooge family mafia would have most likely picked up on it, but wouldn't have said anything that would've revealed themselves. In other words, they (Troy Loney, Scrooge family, in this case Jose Cuervo) would have been consciously aware of the fact that there were two families and Troy Loney's death, allowed for them to mention it, and use it as a defense.
mac5155
NHL Second Liner
NHL Second Liner

Post by mac5155 »

im here. sorry, just when im home i have more todo than at school thats why i havent been around much.

whats all the confusion though.. seems like everyone has their votes and is like meh whatever now and were not getting anywhere. sometimes we just gotta vote someone off to get some answers.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

npv708 wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:

First off, let me mention this is only one part of what has made me suspicious of Jose Cuervo, the connection/defense of Troy Loney throughout the thread is my main cause for suspicion. I personally think it was suspicious mainly because of the speed that it was picked up on. Don't you think that the first people to notice something like that would be mafia, even if they don't say it. When Juice was killed and revealed to be a mafia member of the Grinch family, then Troy Loney's Scrooge family mafia would have most likely picked up on it, but wouldn't have said anything that would've revealed themselves. In other words, they (Troy Loney, Scrooge family, in this case Jose Cuervo) would have been consciously aware of the fact that there were two families and Troy Loney's death, allowed for them to mention it, and use it as a defense.
This is a better explanation.

I am going to bed guys. I will stick with my vote for now and see what, if anything, happens between now and when I get to work tomorrow morning. Over and out.
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

Does anyone have a link to where Jose "defended" Troy Loney? I didn't really find anything, but I am tired and have a migraine so I could ahve overlooked it.
cup keeper
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by cup keeper »

JoseCuervo wrote:
Malkamaniac wrote:I'd really like to call out the Troy Loney now. The last round, reading between the LITT and Troy posts, Troy came off defensive, and highly suspicious. Not to mention this style of play is completely different than his past games.
I have no problem with people being defensive. Why is that bad?
It's not a big defense. He just tries deflecting off of troy because troy was defensive. Not really much to think of at the time but it took a different turn when troy turned up grinch.