HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Forum for NHR "Wars" Games
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Re: HOLIDAY WARS GAME THREAD

Post by npv708 »

Change what I just said to include Corvi to the vote leaders.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Well, it's nice to see that at least some new people voted. What's the beef on JC?
Azkar
AHL'er
AHL'er

Post by Azkar »

24 hour time periods. Deadline is 2pm tomorrow
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

the wicked child wrote:
sdm5055 wrote:this makes no sense.

because I chime into a strategy game with strategy I am bad? I have played every game and every time I play the same I give my strategy and comment on others
Nah. it's about timing. I don't remember reading a whole lot from you recently, but as soon as someone says "hey I don't remember seeing sdm lately" you come in a bit later with this post about there being 2 families.

You also have gotten very defensive about people bringing up your name.
my only defense was the one quoted above ( and now this one I guess)

the only reason I am coming to a defense is because originally you stated nothing about timing just that you were voting me because I only posted strategy and nothing else.. to me that seems backwards

your saying people that post about stuff not pertaining to the game are good but people that post only pertaining to the game are bad?

timing as a concern or a reason I can understand
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Azkar wrote:24 hour time periods. Deadline is 2pm tomorrow
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

My two cents:

Corvo/JC -- both have been tagged as potential suspects throughout. I am leaning to Corvo more than JC; JC noticing the family thing doesnt really give me much suspicion.

crayz - See my posts earlier today with him.

sdm - the pop in out of left field right after being named is odd. I dont think there is much question that one or more of the goons is laying low and not posting. This is one whose profile has been raised for me today. Even if not a goon, not posting at all.

Jarrko - Thinking he is just a townie, though adding confusion does no good.

mac - Ive had him in mind throughout.

npv - gives me the heebie jeebies. Purely a hunch.

Also, is it 12 or 24 hours?
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Well theres my answer on the time limit.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Corvidae wrote:Well, it's nice to see that at least some new people voted. What's the beef on JC?
1) Called out by Nan (Vigilante)
2) Called out by LITT (Deputy)
3) Never voted for Troy at any point in the game, even when it was pretty obvious he was bad.
4) He noticed the family thing rather quick and I understand he could just be very observant, it just seems to coincidental for me.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

npv708 wrote:
Corvidae wrote:Well, it's nice to see that at least some new people voted. What's the beef on JC?
3) Never voted for Troy at any point in the game, even when it was pretty obvious he was bad.
4) He noticed the family thing rather quick and I understand he could just be very observant, it just seems to coincidental for me.
Why is his being called out by NAN or LITT -- neither of whom have investigation powers (at least at that time) be relevant? The only thing is if NAN tried to kill him and was told he was protected. What night was NAN killed on?

#3 is the one that is relevant if you ask me. 4 isnt a big deal to me. If he were a baddie, why point it out?
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

npv708 wrote:
2 is the only suspicious one to me. NAN couldn't read anyone, even a bad guy would have eventually vote for the obvious Troy, and I don't think the family thing is relevant.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

slappybrown wrote:Corvo/JC -- both have been tagged as potential suspects throughout. I am leaning to Corvo more than JC; JC noticing the family thing doesnt really give me much suspicion.
Why are you suspicious of me, exactly?
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

I'm not saying you guys have to agree with me on these. These are the reasons I'm suspicious of him. The whole Nan and LITT thing is relevant for me, since it means that they were cleared, its at least a place to start. The fact that he never voted for troy really should stand out though.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

npv708 wrote:I'm not saying you guys have to agree with me on these. These are the reasons I'm suspicious of him. The whole Nan and LITT thing is relevant for me, since it means that they were cleared, its at least a place to start. The fact that he never voted for troy really should stand out though.
I understand. I was just adding my tree fitty.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

slappybrown wrote:mac - Ive had him in mind throughout.
mac has been very quiet but I think he just hasn't been around. No posts in other threads either. But he did pop up a few times and I'm trying to remember why.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

Corvidae wrote:
slappybrown wrote:Corvo/JC -- both have been tagged as potential suspects throughout. I am leaning to Corvo more than JC; JC noticing the family thing doesnt really give me much suspicion.
Why are you suspicious of me, exactly?
Good question.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

Why thank you.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

mac did that last game too. didn't really come around often and when he did he'd vote, put in a few words, and then not come back for a while...
the wicked child
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by the wicked child »

sdm5055 wrote:my only defense was the one quoted above ( and now this one I guess)

the only reason I am coming to a defense is because originally you stated nothing about timing just that you were voting me because I only posted strategy and nothing else.. to me that seems backwards

your saying people that post about stuff not pertaining to the game are good but people that post only pertaining to the game are bad?

timing as a concern or a reason I can understand
your name was mentioned twice and both times you defended yourself. In particular, after the post crayz made no one had really said much that I recall.... that was also what sparked my interests.

My intentions were not to suggest talking strategy was bad. I suppose if you put my 2 posts together you can get where I was coming from.

Anyway, I was hardly pushing for you... if anything I just wanted to get a read on you since you weren't posting a ton. I doubt anyone else is going to turn your way this round, but now we at least have something to look at later when it comes down to it.
Corvidae
NHL Healthy Scratch
NHL Healthy Scratch

Post by Corvidae »

count2infinity wrote:mac did that last game too. didn't really come around often and when he did he'd vote, put in a few words, and then not come back for a while...
what was he last game?
MWB
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by MWB »

slappybrown wrote:
npv708 wrote:
Why is his being called out by NAN or LITT -- neither of whom have investigation powers (at least at that time) be relevant? The only thing is if NAN tried to kill him and was told he was protected. What night was NAN killed on?

#3 is the one that is relevant if you ask me. 4 isnt a big deal to me. If he were a baddie, why point it out?
To me #3 is the real relevant one and the reason I'm voting for him. I don't think the other stuff really amounts to much.
count2infinity
NHL Third Liner
NHL Third Liner

Post by count2infinity »

Corvidae wrote:
count2infinity wrote:mac did that last game too. didn't really come around often and when he did he'd vote, put in a few words, and then not come back for a while...
what was he last game?
regular townie
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

npv708 wrote:I'm not saying you guys have to agree with me on these. These are the reasons I'm suspicious of him. The whole Nan and LITT thing is relevant for me, since it means that they were cleared, its at least a place to start. The fact that he never voted for troy really should stand out though.
I still dont understand what that means -- "it means that they were cleared, its at least a place to start." If at that point they knew nothing more than we did, and they are throwing names out in the first two days, why is that helpful? NAN also voted to unwrap redwill.
npv708
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by npv708 »

Slappy or Corvi -

Are you guys suspicious of him enough to switch over to him?

If not, that completely understandable. It just seems that you guys are decently suspicious of him, but just not sure.
slappybrown
NHL Fourth Liner
NHL Fourth Liner

Post by slappybrown »

switch to JC?
sdm5055
ECHL'er
ECHL'er

Post by sdm5055 »

MWB wrote:
To me #3 is the real relevant one and the reason I'm voting for him. I don't think the other stuff really amounts to much.
but you didnt vote? or did I miss it?